Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 21 2013, 09:22 AM   #706
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

Re: Any old timers still around?

T'Bonz wrote: View Post
13 years this April. Wow. Do I need to get a life!
I'm coming up on 12. Oof.

All I wanted to do was read about the upcoming Enterprise series!
Old May 21 2013, 07:47 PM   #707
Stiletto
Fleet Captain

I'm at 11 or so years! Wow.

My most memorable posts was from a member who came up with a great story about screwing his cousin who may or may not have been autistic. I don't remember the details but it included his aunt finding out. It went on for months! He'd come out with another page update every couple of weeks and things just kept getting worse and worse! I never found out if it was all fake or not.

I also remember the rumor that Wil Wheaton posted here for a short while (which seems like something he would do, actually) but I never found out his username.
Old May 21 2013, 09:35 PM   #708
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Stiletto wrote: View Post
I also remember the rumor that Wil Wheaton posted here for a short while (which seems like something he would do, actually) but I never found out his username.
IIRC, Chase was the only real trek actor to ever post here. And, Emh notwithstanding, she proved it was her. Most others, nobody would ever believe it was them, so why would they bother?
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 10:46 PM   #709
MacLeod
Admiral

We still have a few people from nehind the scenes that post here. And whilst it is nice to hear from the actors, part of people likes to here from the behind the scenes people. As I have a little bit of interest in that aspcet of making a show.

Might come from the fact that at one point I was considering working in Television/film behind the scenes somewhere.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2013, 10:49 PM   #710
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile

The real William Shatner made one appearance in the Trek BBS a number of years back and then never came back. He posted in one of the forums back during the early part of the last decade and the news made some waves around here. He never posted again but there seemed to be a consensus that it was the real Shatner that visited the board and not some prankster trying to play us. The early 2000s could be a very fun time around here for those kinds of reasons.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 02:19 AM   #711
T'Bonz
Romulan Curmudgeon

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
I'm coming up on 12. Oof.
All I wanted to do was read about the upcoming Enterprise series!
n00b! I came here to talk DS9. Voyager was still airing first-run at the time.

I remember the "great crash." I got a shiny new name out of it, as my account was torpedoed. Back then, Lisa *never* changed names so it was worth it to get the name I wanted.

Romulans aren't paranoid. We're merely proactively cautious.
T'Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 06:33 AM   #712
TorontoTrekker
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
For those of you that were here when the board crashed at the turn of the century, Christian (Or an intern with his rubber stamp) "guessed" some of my personal statistics, which included my sign up date, while rebuilding the database.

He was off by 6 months.

Was that just me, or do a few of you now recall that you have to subtract 6 months, maybe a year from what your user profile incredibly claims to be your point of origin?
Yes, my join date in my profile is July 15, 2002, but I definitely joined before Enterprise premiered - or even had a title. I remember when the forum was created with the name "Series V".

I'm thinking I must have joined around in late 2000 or early 2001, because I didn't have a computer at home back then (I'm a programmer - the last thing I wanted to see when I got home from work is a computer!), so I would stay after hours at work and browse the board from my desk. My job there was outsourced in November 2002, IIRC (which is when I broke down and bought a computer), and I'd been here a while at that point.
TorontoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 01:38 PM   #713
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
The real William Shatner made one appearance in the Trek BBS a number of years back and then never came back. He posted in one of the forums back during the early part of the last decade and the news made some waves around here. He never posted again but there seemed to be a consensus that it was the real Shatner that visited the board and not some prankster trying to play us. The early 2000s could be a very fun time around here for those kinds of reasons.
Yes it was definitely him. I think his daughter set it up. It seems like maybe he was starting his own website or something...?

I replied in that thread. I remember he had a gold name.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 04:54 PM   #714
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Fun times. I wonder if any other Trek celebs have posted in here in recent years but kept their true identities to themselves? Occasionally you heard rumors that somebody from Voyager or Enterprise made an appearance in a thread but didn't just bluntly come out and say "Hi, everybody, I'm (fill in the blank) from Star Trek:(insert spinoff name) and wanted to say hi....I like what you guys are doing here!"

Old May 22 2013, 09:19 PM   #715
MacLeod
Admiral

I can understand why the actors wouldn't want to say who they are.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 10:03 PM   #716
CorporalClegg
Admiral

I'm surprised a guy like Mike Okuda doesn't hangout at a Trek board.
CorporalClegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2013, 11:28 PM   #717
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Except for Shatner and Chase I don't think any of the actors revealed their true identities to the board. Somebody once said Robert Picardo visited and posted as himself but I wasn't around the day that happened and didn't hear anything about the incident until later. I still don't know if it ever really happened or not, but it seems like something Robert would do. He's usually pretty good and open to the fans.

Old May 23 2013, 02:06 AM   #718
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

I just realized I've been here over 12 years now, a few years shy of half my life.

What am I doing with my life?
These are the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew. In space.
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 03:45 PM   #719
freak
Commodore

Hi all. It's been a long time since I've been around..maybe five years as well? I'm usually on StarscapeBBS but sadly it's down and I don't know why? Every time I go to it it's a totally different site than the one I usually go to and says something like: this domain has been taken down due to abuse or copyright. What the hell?!? Oh well..maybe it'll come up soon?

I also consider myself an old timer and used to come around here in my college days and after college. While now my Star Trek watching days are down to seldom, there are other shows on TV that I'm obsessing over. I still miss Voyager though and wish Trek would come back on TV but I'm not sure how that could happen?

But anyway, it's good to be back for a short whole. Don't post in here much anymore as there really isn't anything that peeks my interest much. Basically I just read and observe.
Old May 28 2013, 04:31 PM   #720
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

I joined back in 2002. I had been lurking for several years before that, mostly for spoilers and reviews of current episodes. I've never posted at a high-rate, just every so often!

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote