Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old March 18 2013, 06:44 PM   #826
Bigjoe
Lieutenant Commander

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

balticballet wrote: View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster

Long time TNG fan.

From Australia..

Err not sure what else to say....
Welcome!
Bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2013, 04:48 AM   #827
picard_my_hero
Cadet

Alright here goes nothing... My name is Shane Patrick and I'm 21 years old. I never watched star trek(any series) untill I got curious about tng because of Patrick Stewart. As you can tell by my screen name Captain Picard Is my favorite character on the show(with data a close second). Although I am not nearly as well versed in episodes as other fans I still love the show and soon will be. I feel as though I've been cheated, I've lived twenty years on this planet without knowing the wonderful universe of star trek. I was definately born a few centuries to early. So as I delve further into this adventure I hope to be able to share my experience and hopefully add a fresh prespective to these forums(being a new trek fan). Also I hope to be going to the las vegas convention and maybe meet some of you there . Oh and please don't be to critical of me, I am still in my infancy when it comes to the knowledge of TNG and all the series for that matter. See you on the forums Patrick out.
picard_my_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2013, 04:26 AM   #828
CrazyMatt
Commander

Crazy Matt here, lover of TOS, TNG and DS9... agnostic about Voyager and Enterprise, ignorer of "reimagined" Star Trek. Let's talk!
Old April 21 2013, 08:03 PM   #829
Lenny Nurdbol
Lieutenant Commander

TNG is the next best thing to TOS...

I'm an old fart who's watched TNG religiously since that fateful night in the 80s when "Encounter at Farpoint" first aired... I've taped all of the episodes off the air... I've taken notes on them... I've read all of the novels (or am at least in the process of reading all of the novels, as I haven't gotten to "Cold Equations" yet)... I've got them all on DVDs...

I've had sexual dreams about Deanna Troi and Tasha Yar and Beverly Crusher...but not all at once or together! (Come to think of it, Lwaxana Troi, too, and Sito and Minuet and the Duras Sisters and Sela and...)

IMHO, the series Should have been logically continued beyond season 7... If they couldn't or wouldn't get the TNG regulars, they could have set the timeframe a decade later and recrewed 1701-D with new characters... But, no, TPTB GREEDY BASTARDS wanted to make movies! And they weren't content with the Galaxy class ship so they killed it to sell more models and cutaway prints with a new ship...
Lenny Nurdbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 12:53 AM   #830
trekkie92
Cadet

Hi, Im Sophie and my mom and I are big fans of TNG and Im a still a new fan to the whole of Star Trek but TNG started the love, hope to meet fellow fans and learn more about Star Trek!
trekkie92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 04:01 AM   #831
qcjoe
Cadet

Greetings, Im Qcjoe. Im from Cincinnati Ohio. Im a big Sci-Fi fan. I like all trek, but my favorite is TNG. I hated it when I was young and my mother would watch TOS. To get my mother to give me attention I got into it. When TNG came out I was in heaven. Im trying to start collecting the Diamond Select starships. I also jump in Star Trek online from time to time. I dont understand some of the upgrading skills so I play it on a basic level. I look forward to conversitng with you all. Thanks
qcjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2013, 12:55 AM   #832
Obiwansolo18
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am realatively knew to trek. I started with tng cause of the familuar actors. Since I started with tng then watchednthe rest I thinks thats where my love for tng comes from.
Obiwansolo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2013, 06:18 AM   #833
PeachyA
Ensign

Hello, 24-yearold woman here. I didn't grew up with Trek, actually didn't really grow up watching TV much at all. However, I'm a long time sci-fi fan, with that in mind my boyfriend and I started watching Voyager about 7 years ago, and I really liked the universe. That's how I got started.

I love TNG because it focuses more on the professionals and less on the drama, if that makes any sense. Favourite characters are without any doubt Data and Picard. Data is just loveable in all the ways (all of them) and Picard is my hero and role model, I feel like I've learned a lot of valuable lessons from him.
Also I've made it my mission to watch all things star trek before the end of this year, not really doing it in the right order but then again, I started with VOY so who cares There are still a lot of things in this universe I don't know, but I'm catching up.
PeachyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 02:33 PM   #834
safetymatch
Cadet

Hello. I was eight or so when TNG first started airing in my country and I was utterly captivated by it. As a kid I found Starfleet's values aspirational (I still do). I also watched DS9, VOY and any episodes of ToS that were occasionally shown, but TNG remains my first Star Trek love.

I just recently got the first couple of seasons of TNG on DVD and rewatching the series in order is delightful.
safetymatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2013, 07:03 PM   #835
lt.vulvaris
Cadet

Hi! I am a 22 year old new star trek fan from rhode island.
I was just introduced to tng a month or two ago and I have been totally captivated by it since. Although there are some relationship/power dynamics I find frustrating to watch, I am amused by howsocial bias of the era translates to a "fair and equal" future society.

Characters/Things I adore in tng:
Deanna Troi
Guinan
Bevery Crusher
Vulcan eyebrows
the costume design
Data
the hair design
most of the set design, esp the hallways
the beautiful planet landscape designs
Worf
K'Ehleyr
the Duras sisters
Lwuxana Troi
Risa, or anytime they try to go somewhere to have a nice time and it doesn't work out
that everyone sleeps next to big tropical plants

I am only on s5 e18 so I might wait to finish the series before I get into posting but I'm excited to hear everyone's impressions of the series and see some good screen caps!
lt.vulvaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2013, 06:24 PM   #836
Halmirdax
Lieutenant Commander

Only just joined the online star trek community, been busy watching the series' for the last twenty two years. Started with TNG so it's got a special place for me. I appreciate many many aspects. Looking forward to hanging around for many years to come.
Halmirdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2013, 01:16 AM   #837
BennieGamali
Lieutenant Commander

I'm 25, Not sure what more to say about that.

I'm not certain what characters I like the best. I like them all. Except Yar.. and Wes. I prefer We to Yar though. I think Data and Worf might be my favorites.. Though I'm not certain.. In any case. I love Data because he is fun and he's got Spot. Worf is just awesome.

My fave episodes were the Borgisodes, espescially i.Borg. I love the Qpisodes as well.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Roy Batty
BennieGamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2013, 04:37 PM   #838
J.A. Morris
Ensign

Just joined Trek BBS this week, I'm in my 40s, work at a library in Virginia.

I'm a TNG fan, but that wasn't always the case.

The first episode I watched was 'Code Of Honor' and I thought it sucked. But I had other problems with the series:
1.Season 1's music is different, a bit heavy handed & melodramatic for its time.
2.I didn't like the uniforms worn in the 1st season (too much neck!).
3.What, the Captain is bald?! Give me a break.

I'm not positive which episode I saw next, but Q was in it. When I went to college, I met some folds who were huge ST fans. They talked me into watching TNG, telling me it was "better" than TOS.

So I started watching. The first episode that really got to me was 'Yesterday's Enterprise', still a favorite. And shortly thereafter I was hooked.

TOS will always be my favorite, but TNG is a close 2nd.

I still think the uniforms and music of Season 1 suck (and I'm not crazy about the season in general, except for EOF). But I would follow Picard into any space battle.
J.A. Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2013, 03:47 AM   #839
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

This is Keith1701 from Warner Robins, Georgia. I have been a fan of all that is STAR TREK since I was 6 years old. Also, I retired from the American Air Force in 2001.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2013, 09:29 PM   #840
desertstarlover
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I was resistant to TNG when it aired, because of being 'old school'. I was there for the premier of TOS, at the age of 12.

In the 90's I got into DS9 and then Voyager and started to re-love TOS. Somewhere in there, I saw "Generations" and started to warm up to TNG.

I love TNG now and have seen every episode...probably 20 times or more. I still not too crazy about the first season. Everyone seems 'cardboardish'. And I have never been able to warm up to Pulaski or Troi.

some of my favorite episodes are:

TIME'S ARROW I & II
THE INNER LIGHT
DARMOK
WHO WATCHES THE WATCHERS
YESTERDAY'S ENTERPRISE
CLUES
A MATTER OF TIME
CAUSE AND EFFECT
I, BORG
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." ~ Captain Picard - "The Drumhead", Star Trek: The Next Generation
desertstarlover is offline   Reply With Quote