Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 16 2013, 07:48 PM   #781
flavaflav
Commander

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
The tweet I believe stated 1973...perhaps this is time traveling Logan.
It's a very interesting story, future boy, but there's just one little thing that doesn't make sense... If the Logan of the future is now in the past, wouldn't he have gray hair?
flavaflav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 07:51 PM   #782
flavaflav
Commander

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Sabertooth having a connection to Logan (which X-Men 1 almost contradicts anyway, with Sabertooth being completely different and never mentioning Wknowing Wolverine)
this is one thing I would like to see purged from the movie X timeline. Sabretooth in X1 was nothing but a braindead baboon. I much preferred the Origins version of Creed.
Old May 16 2013, 08:14 PM   #783
RoJoHen
Awesome

flavaflav wrote: View Post
Sabertooth having a connection to Logan (which X-Men 1 almost contradicts anyway, with Sabertooth being completely different and never mentioning Wknowing Wolverine)
this is one thing I would like to see purged from the movie X timeline. Sabretooth in X1 was nothing but a braindead baboon. I much preferred the Origins version of Creed.
My personal explanation for this is that Magneto's mutant-making machine from X1 had some adverse effects on Creed, which is why he looks and acts the way he does in that movie.
Old May 16 2013, 08:33 PM   #784
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

@flavaflav...not if he's somehow inhabiting past Logan's body

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 09:35 PM   #785
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

I always thought Origins going out of its way to never say Sabretooth and only call him Creed was to say, without saying, that the two characters in the film verse are two completely different mutants.
Old May 16 2013, 10:11 PM   #786
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure Emma frost in Origins doesn't work with the Emma Frost in First Class
Well, to even see her called "Emma Frost" you have to watch the trailers, because in the movie she isn't called that. I'm sure she was intended to be Emma Frost originally, but I think the "official" story is now that she was just Kayla's sister Emma who was not Emma Frost. This was said by Lauren Shuler Donner IIRC, and it implies that they see FC and Origins as in some sense being in the same continuity if they felt the need to clarify that at all.

Origins is constantly ignored/contradicted in FC, it stands to reason that Origins is pretty much non canon for the X-Men movies now
For whatever reason, FC simply wasn't very careful in maintaining consistency with the previous films, including X3 and the first film. By the above logic that means those films are also "pretty much non canon". We know, however, that both The Wolverine and DOFP are intended to be in continuity with X3, despite the fact that FC appeared to contradict it.
Old May 16 2013, 10:26 PM   #787
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
My personal explanation for this is that Magneto's mutant-making machine from X1 had some adverse effects on Creed, which is why he looks and acts the way he does in that movie.
I like this explanation.

Let's run with it.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 11:18 PM   #788
flavaflav
Commander

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
@flavaflav...not if he's somehow inhabiting past Logan's body
I actually had a similar thought with the time travel thing, but with different characters. I was figuring Kitty goes back, like the comics, but jumps into Mystique's body instead.
Old May 16 2013, 11:58 PM   #789
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

It's possible they've altered the storyline for the film...and really it was just pure speculation on my part. This is going to be truly fascinating to see pulled off.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2013, 12:13 AM   #790
kirk55555
Commodore

Set Harth wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure Emma frost in Origins doesn't work with the Emma Frost in First Class
Well, to even see her called "Emma Frost" you have to watch the trailers, because in the movie she isn't called that. I'm sure she was intended to be Emma Frost originally, but I think the "official" story is now that she was just Kayla's sister Emma who was not Emma Frost. This was said by Lauren Shuler Donner IIRC, and it implies that they see FC and Origins as in some sense being in the same continuity if they felt the need to clarify that at all.

Origins is constantly ignored/contradicted in FC, it stands to reason that Origins is pretty much non canon for the X-Men movies now
For whatever reason, FC simply wasn't very careful in maintaining consistency with the previous films, including X3 and the first film. By the above logic that means those films are also "pretty much non canon". We know, however, that both The Wolverine and DOFP are intended to be in continuity with X3, despite the fact that FC appeared to contradict it.
It could go either way, but I personally just pretend Origins didn't happen. Removing it from existence doesn't cause any continuity problems, and fixes the Sabertooth thing (to be clear I wish X1 Sabertooth had been more of a character than a lacky in X1, but if you have to fix stuff then it would be Origins version that doesn't fit). As for Emma, that sounds like retcon that happened after Origins came out. She was obviously supposed to be Emma Frost. I'm not inclined to give Origins any slack, although I'll admnit you can remove Emma as an issue becuas ethey don't use the name frost in the movie, and her sister doesn't work with the character anyway.

Also, wasn't Xavier walking in Origins, but he'll be in a wheel chair in DOFP? Although, to be fair, he's gone from wheelchair bound to walking several times in the comics, so you could just say at one point he got better, than lost the ability to walk again sometime after Origins. Still, there is really no reason to accept the movies major flaws (and the fact that it just sucks) since even the people in charge seem to realise it sucks. Since it can be completely ignored and cause absolutely no problems with X1-3 and FC, personally I intend to ignore it, and I doubt it will get referenced in any more X-movies, or even the new wolverine movie. Maybe similar events, but I doubt screwed up Deadpool will be brought up, or magic bullets. I honestly wouldn't be surprised, if they keep making X-Movies without a reboot, if Gambit just shows up either in FC or a Wolverine movie in a way that completely ignores his appearance in Origins. I'm not saying parts wouldn't fit, I just don't think the X-movie makers will be using Origins or achknowledging it in future stuff.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2013, 01:11 AM   #791
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

As for Emma, that sounds like retcon that happened after Origins came out. She was obviously supposed to be Emma Frost.
I did say that.

I doubt it will get referenced in any more X-movies, or even the new wolverine movie.
He has the bone claws in The Wolverine, does that count?
Old May 17 2013, 06:37 PM   #792
kirk55555
Commodore

Well, wikipedia says The Wolverine takes place after X3, so if he has bone claws its probably something that gets done to him at the beginning of the movie. I'm not really paying attention to that movie, since Wolverine in Japan isn't something I'm a huge fan of, but I'm pretty sure it will end up being better than Origins.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2013, 08:37 PM   #793
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

There is a flashback scene in the movie where he saves the man who wants to save him from what looks like a type of POW camp. This would be pre-Alkali lake in the late 70's events of Origins. So in those flashbacks for The Wolverine, he'd have bone claws.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2013, 08:55 PM   #794
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

This is the image:
http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/...121105_360.jpg
Old May 18 2013, 01:00 AM   #795
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The pain of the bone claws coming out was ridiculous.

Which is why his body had never sensibly through to do that for his first 200 years on this planet... Since he was traumatized as a boy.

Metal claws = Training claws.

Intermediate training pain in preparation of the real pain you get from popping bone claws.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote