TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 14 2013, 11:51 PM   #2416
xortex
Commodore

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

Thank you OOMVM. That was very kind. Is "all You Need is Kill' the name of a graphic novel?
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 11:54 PM   #2417
sojourner
Admiral

Let me google that for you
Old May 15 2013, 01:54 AM   #2418
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

Trailers for 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' and 'Resurrection' (& S.H.I.E.L.D.):

http://io9.com/get-a-way-better-look...-mor-506072296

OUaTiW doesn't seem to have a whole lot to do with its "parent show," but it doesn't look too bad. Resurrection looks okay, but doesn't really interest me.
Old May 15 2013, 06:04 AM   #2419
JD
Admiral

So far most of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy stuff I've seen for next season looks great.
My ranking based on level of interest based on the trailers would be:
Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland
Almost Human
Dracula
Sleepy Hollow
Resurrection
Old May 15 2013, 04:00 PM   #2420
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

TNT has one SFF show among in the development slate they just announced:

Portal House
This project is the story of a group of young scientists who, while investigating what they believe to be a haunted house, stumble upon a portal into the time-space continuum. Things then take a turn for the worse when one of their own vanishes into the portal.
– Executive Producers: Steven Spielberg, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, Scott Rosenberg (writer), Jeff Pinkner (writer), Josh Appelbaum (writer) and Andre Nemec (writer)
– Production Company/Studio: Amblin Television
Old May 15 2013, 04:53 PM   #2421
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

The official descriptions of CBS' Intelligence.

Intelligence
INTELLIGENCE is a dramatic thriller starring Josh Holloway as a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. With this implant, Gabriel (Holloway) is the first human ever to be connected directly into the worldwide information grid and have complete access to Internet, WiFi, telephone and satellite data. He can hack into any data center and access key intel in the fight to protect the United States from its enemies. Leading the elite government cyber-security agency created to support him is Director Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), a straightforward and efficient boss who oversees the unit’s missions. Strand assigns Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), a Secret Service agent, to protect Gabriel from outside threats, as well as from his appetite for reckless, unpredictable behavior and disregard for protocol. Other skilled members of the Cybercom team include Chris Jameson (Michael Rady) and Gonzalo “Gonzo” Rodriguez (James Martinez), two resourceful federal investigators. The brains behind the design of the chip is Dr. Shenendoah Cassidy (John Billingsley), whose son, Nelson (PJ Byrne), is jealous of Gabriel’s prominent place in his father’s life. As the first supercomputer with a beating heart, Gabriel is the most valuable piece of technology the country has ever created and is the U.S.’s secret weapon. Michael Seitzman, René Echevarria, Tripp Vinson, and David Semel (for pilot) are executive producers for ABC Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios.
Looks like Meghan Ory is a regular on this series. It's likely we won't be seeing Red show up on Once Upon a Time next season.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 04:56 PM   #2422
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

The trailer for Almost Human is pretty good.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 05:40 PM   #2423
Christopher
Writer

The Portal House description is kind of vague, since it says nothing about what's on the other side of the portal or what kind of approach the series would take. Although the title suggests that the house itself would be the main setting, so it wouldn't be a travel-oriented thing like Sliders or Stargate, but more about dealing with stuff that comes through the portal, like Primeval but with a more fixed location. Or like that really lame Australian K-9 series, the unofficial Doctor Who spinoff, where the main characters had a time-space portal-generating device that dangerous aliens kept coming through and it never once occurred to them just to unplug the damn machine when they weren't using it!

And Intelligence bugs me, because it sounds like the guy has the same basic privacy-invading abilities as the Machine on Person of Interest, another CBS series, but since it's a human being doing it, it feels a lot more voyeuristic. Particularly in the hands of a character described as reckless and unpredictable -- the potential for corruption and abuse is enormous.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 05:45 PM   #2424
xortex
Commodore

Intelligence sounds awesome and better than Jake 2.0 or whatever it was that was similar or the computer that wore tennis shoes. Maybe it's not so original but it sounds original enough and timely enough to me to watch. Sounds cool. Is there going to be a gov org. that wants him too?

My favorite current show is still 'Burn Notice'.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 06:05 PM   #2425
sojourner
Admiral

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
TNT has one SFF show among in the development slate they just announced:

Portal House
This project is the story of a group of young scientists who, while investigating what they believe to be a haunted house, stumble upon a portal into the time-space continuum. Things then take a turn for the worse when one of their own vanishes into the portal.
– Executive Producers: Steven Spielberg, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, Scott Rosenberg (writer), Jeff Pinkner (writer), Josh Appelbaum (writer) and Andre Nemec (writer)
– Production Company/Studio: Amblin Television
That's the plot of House II! (a great underrated movie. Christopher, I think you'd like it)
Old May 15 2013, 10:53 PM   #2426
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Portal House sounds vaguely interesting because, y'know, I like portals and other dimensions. But the name of Steven Spielberg on a TV show is a major red flag.
Old May 15 2013, 11:12 PM   #2427
Christopher
Writer

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
But the name of Steven Spielberg on a TV show is a major red flag.
Unless it's Pinky and the Brain or Freakazoid!

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 12:58 AM   #2428
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Here's the preview for Intelligence:

Old May 16 2013, 02:16 AM   #2429
JD
Admiral

I was kind of meh from the description, but that preview looked really cool. I think I'd put it up there under Dracula in my interest level.
Old May 16 2013, 04:51 AM   #2430
sojourner
Admiral

I bet Josh is just happy to be in a show where he gets to be cleaned up all the time.