Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 15 2013, 07:18 PM   #1
T J
Commodore

Kitchen Nightmares nightmare in Phoenix!!!

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22...s-amy-and-samy

Sorry for the long link, I don't know hot to make it pretty...

Anyways the season finale for this show was on this week and OMFG! The 1st time Ramsay could not help these crazy, closed minded, rude people. It was crazy and the local community are now in an uproar. It will be hard for them to reopen. Who the hell takes servers tips?! The owner keeps them, that's illegal.

Threatening customers, being horrible to staff to the point where their turn over rate in out of this world... in the end it's just very sad... it turned out nothing is fresh and she does not make those cakes in the front of her store. Just wow, and the facebook posts, LOL!

Check it out!

Last edited by T J; May 15 2013 at 10:19 PM.
T J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 07:50 PM   #2
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Kitchen Nightmares nightmare in Phoenix!!!

I'd become totally burned out on Kitchen Nightmares; whereas the original UK show focused on the restaurant business, menu creation, and sourcing local ingredients, the US show is all about the spectacle — the dining room makeovers, Ramsay playing Dr. Phil with bickering owners, and Ramsay cursing and ranting a lot. This episode, however, delivered the goods: Amy is batshit insane and Samy is right in line behind her for a straitjacket. The Facebook posts have been hilarious, in a "rubbernecking at 20-car pileup on the interstate" kind of way.

I do hope Arizona's Labor Department and the IRS take a good long look at Amy's Baking Company. If they're stealing the waitresses' tips, god knows what other financial shenanigans they're up to.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Screamy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Screamy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Screamy

I usually watch the BBC version, which makes up about 90% of BBC America's daily programing.

Sometimes they throw an American episode in. The difference is jarring.
Old May 15 2013, 08:15 PM   #4
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

The difference really makes you question how much of Ramsay's persona — especially on his US shows — is him acting for the cameras.
Old May 15 2013, 08:34 PM   #5
J.T.B.
Commodore

I have never seen a full episode of that show, but I started watching that one after a "Seinfeld" rerun the other day. I know "reality" shows are scripted in everything but name, but I don't think you could have made up that vapid, narcissistic "chef," her ineffective, enabling sugar-daddy husband, and their soulless vanity project of a restaurant. Taking patrons' tips away from their servers was appalling, no wonder the owners couldn't leave the restaurant unattended! I stopped after about 20 minutes, but I may have to see if I can catch the ending with VOD.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Screamy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Screamy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Screamy

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
The difference really makes you question how much of Ramsay's persona — especially on his US shows — is him acting for the cameras.
Oh, it's all acting on our side of the pond. Hell, most of the time they have him riding up to some shitty restaurant on a harley or supercar.
Old May 15 2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

T J wrote: View Post
Just wow, and the facebook posts, LOL!
Buzzfeed has screenshots of the Facebook meltdown. Classic!

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 11:24 PM   #8
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

^Okay, that was a pretty hilarious read. I love that the next day they claimed that their Facebook had been hacked and they were working with the "FBI computer crimes unit" to track down those responsible.

I like the suggestion that they create a grilled cheese dish called "Amy and Samy's Meltdown." I also love that they keep referencing the "Yelps" and "Reddits."

By the way J.T.B., the link posted by Allyn Gibson includes a video of the second half of their Kitchen Nightmares episode, if you can't find another way to watch it.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 12:04 AM   #9
J.T.B.
Commodore

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
By the way J.T.B., the link posted by Allyn Gibson includes a video of the second half of their Kitchen Nightmares episode, if you can't find another way to watch it.
Got it, thanks!

"A HUMAN KID," that's some great stuff.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 12:06 AM   #10
T J
Commodore

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
T J wrote: View Post
Just wow, and the facebook posts, LOL!
Buzzfeed has screenshots of the Facebook meltdown. Classic!
I love how they deleted the posts saying they were hacked and the FBI was involved! I want to go there, order a glass of water and tip a server...

Last edited by T J; May 16 2013 at 12:22 AM.
T J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 12:19 AM   #11
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

J.T.B. wrote: View Post
I know "reality" shows are scripted in everything but name, but I don't think you could have made up that vapid, narcissistic "chef," her ineffective, enabling sugar-daddy husband, and their soulless vanity project of a restaurant.
If you go back and read the negative Yelp reviews from before the Kitchen Nightmares episode, it's all there — the food, the rudeness on the part of Samy and Amy. What's more amazing is that they didn't even try to be on their best behavior for the cameras. Two examples of them lashing out at their critics:

Joel L., 8/1/10 (the one that started it all)
Stephen C., 11/17/12

I imagine it's too late for these people to learn, you never go full retard.
Old May 16 2013, 01:14 AM   #12
Aldo
Admiral

Wow, that was just awful. I realize Ramsey is playing for the cameras in the American version, but that episode seemed pretty genuine on his part. I feel sorry for him, he did have the best intentions and he was just blocked at every turn.
Old May 16 2013, 01:41 AM   #13
sojourner
Admiral

Yeah, after reading this thread I had to track this episode down. That was just classic. The thing that gets me is that Ramsey was actually very reserved compared to other episodes of the show I've caught. I'm pretty sure that Amy is not only in denial, I think she found the source of it.
Old May 16 2013, 09:04 AM   #14
Death
Admiral

Squiggy wrote: View Post
I usually watch the BBC version, which makes up about 90% of BBC America's daily programing.

Sometimes they throw an American episode in. The difference is jarring.
Indeed. I much prefer the BBC version of the show myself, and it is really noticeable when you go from one to a US one during their marathons...

sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, after reading this thread I had to track this episode down. That was just classic. The thing that gets me is that Ramsey was actually very reserved compared to other episodes of the show I've caught. I'm pretty sure that Amy is not only in denial, I think she found the source of it.
I think she needs to seek serious mental health treatment.

Oh, and J.T.B., I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought their relationship screamed "sugar-daddy and spoiled girlfriend".
Old May 16 2013, 02:16 PM   #15
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

I saw a clip from the show on Youtube the other day and was compelled to watch the rest of the episode. Amy appears to have some sort of psychological disorder: she's delusional, hostile, and paranoid. Oh, and she thinks she can speak to cats. Samy seems like he might just be an incompetent businessman that's trying to shield his crazy wife from all criticism, but then he goes insane himself and starts shouting expletives at customers. I know that reality TV is usually edited in such a way to create drama, but if they're even half as bad as the show made them out to be then they don't deserve to be in business.

Katy, the waitress who was fired during the show, did a reddit AMA yesterday if anyone wants to get a little more background on what the restaurant is like when the cameras aren't there.

Squiggy wrote: View Post
I usually watch the BBC version
The UK version is actually made by Channel 4, a commercial station. BBC America just purchased the rights to air it over there.