Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's a question power.

If he was a punk bitch making declarations, they could have fired him for his attitude despite having a good idea.

If he asked in the wrong way, it would have been weak to give into his demands.

And despite that the last guy they fired was capable of making a so/so good enough 22 episode season... They ain't got that guy any more. Whosoever the new showrunner, or showrunners are... The whole 12 episodes of season 3, I can see as a project runway like audition that 4 up and comers are given three episodes to dazzle the powers that be, and the winner who made the superior triptych gets the season 4, and if they still don't fuck up, we're looking at a 22 episode season 5.

They can't cold start the engine.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just wanted to throw this out there as idea.
    What if the Shadow is the power behind the Dark One?
    I mean the Dark One would have to have a start at some point and someone had to make those rules and the Dagger that can kill him.

So what if this Shadow has been behind Rumpy getting power, the curse happening etc. What if this Shadow has been pulling the strings this whole time and giving Rumpy the nudge at the right times to do everything that he been doing?

Cause for some reason we have Rumpy and Regina together on a boat. So thinking its them 2 against the Shadow, magic vs magic.

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Why? I think it's great that, even though Once: Wonderland was originally envisioned as a limited-run series, ABC sees enough potential and has enough faith in the concept that they greenlit it as a full-fledged series and gave it its own timeslot running concurrently with Once.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they stuck it there because nothing else has worked in that timeslot. I don't think it will get anymore episodes than the 13.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The trailer for Once Upon A Time In Wonderland has been released. I have to admit, it's not at all what I was expecting, but it still looks great to me.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ir6JhV2Zs[/yt]

6. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

A note about the trailer: Many of the stuff shown is taken from "Hat Trick" and "Queen of Hearts" because a full pilot ep for the series hasn't yet been shot (ABC greenlit it based on a teaser presentation consisting of four or five scenes)

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^I'm not sure you watched the same trailer I did. 99% of what I saw was original footage. There was a quick scene of what looked like the Diner's floor exploding and another quick cut from "Queen of Hearts" where Hatter is taken before the queen, but everything else was new.

8. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was almost entirely new footage and it looks great!

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That does indeed look very good. :bolian:

10. bigdaddy

They only filmed 19 minutes of the show so far.

However we already have a spoilers!

Part of the pilot episode will take place in Storybrook.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

13. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I guess Neal survives. :rommie:

14. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

That looks so cool!

15. Jolaris

Jolaris Commander Red Shirt

Daaaamn, that actually gave me goosebumps... :drool:

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally watched the finale this morning, and I really enjoyed it. We got some great cliffhangers, and I can't wait to see where they go next.
    As for the debate about where Neal ended up, I'm almost positive it was The Enchanted Forest. Not only did we have Mulan, Phillip and Aurora, but that looked to me like the same place that they filmed all of the other EF scenes, and if it were a different world I'm thinking they probably would have filmed somewhere less recognizable.
    I do have to wonder how Sarah Bolger's role in the new series Mixology (which IMO looks horrible by the way) will affect the character of Aurora. It's also on ABC so I guess there's a chance that they could work a few appearances in, but I don't see her being around too much. I liked the stuff with her and Mulan and Phillip this season so I was hoping we'd see more of the three of them.
    I just double checked and Jamie Chung, who plays Mulan, is a cast member on Believe, so I guess what I just said applies to her too.

17. bigdaddy

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The pilot was for the new CBS show Intelligence, which has been picked up for next season. So it looks like we probably won't be seeing much of Red next season either.

20. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Well boo to that. No, wait. Good for her. I'm just sad we won't see much Red, I liked the little Red/Frankenstein hint.

Speaking of randomly vanishing side characters... it was kind of funny to me how they had Jiminy come back for a one-scene wonder.