RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,700
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 718
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 13 2013, 10:45 PM   #796
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
But in that quote he does not deny that Neal is in the enchanted forest. I'll go with the evidence on screen over a nebulous comment from one of the writers that may not even refer to Neal.
That's your prerogative.

Adam and Eddy usually don't leave things nebulous unless they're meant to be, though.
That's my point. The scene was pretty clear. Three characters we last saw in the enchanted forest found Neal/Bae. Nothing nebulous about that. The quote, on the other hand, does not directly refer to Neal at all.
Old May 13 2013, 10:50 PM   #797
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Well, we assume that he is in the Enchanted Forest because of those characters, but the writers may be playing off the knowledge that we would assume that. I also think it's an amazing coincidence that those three characters just happened to be there when Neal appeared. There may be more going on than meets the eye.

Anyway, this was a great episode and a great cliffhanger. Regina, Rumpy and Hook all got to redeem themselves to some degree and we're left with three intriguing situations to wonder about over the Summer.

Well, maybe four: How do those beans know whether to make a big hole or a small hole?
Old May 14 2013, 12:00 AM   #798
propita
Rear Admiral

And how do they know when to close? Why do portals always know when to close? Sometimes they stay open for the character lingering behind a ways to join up and then close. Some AI portals?

Maybe everyone will join up to fight Peter and his Shadow boss? And get Henry back. Even Hook seems to have an interest in Henry, him being the son of Hook's son-figure.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 06:14 PM   #799
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Once will have it's third season split into two batches (along with some other serialized ABC dramas)
Old May 14 2013, 06:42 PM   #800
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

The spinoff is also not going to fill in the timeslot between the mini seasons, it's on Thursdays at 8. I find that weird.

It's also interesting that Revenge is getting two 12 episode seasons, when the creator quit over not being able to have a short 13-15 episode season. They should have kept him and just do one 14 episode season.
Old May 14 2013, 10:43 PM   #801
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It's a question power.

If he was a punk bitch making declarations, they could have fired him for his attitude despite having a good idea.

If he asked in the wrong way, it would have been weak to give into his demands.

And despite that the last guy they fired was capable of making a so/so good enough 22 episode season... They ain't got that guy any more. Whosoever the new showrunner, or showrunners are... The whole 12 episodes of season 3, I can see as a project runway like audition that 4 up and comers are given three episodes to dazzle the powers that be, and the winner who made the superior triptych gets the season 4, and if they still don't fuck up, we're looking at a 22 episode season 5.

They can't cold start the engine.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; May 15 2013 at 02:06 AM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 01:57 AM   #802
Snick27
Captain

Just wanted to throw this out there as idea.
What if the Shadow is the power behind the Dark One?
I mean the Dark One would have to have a start at some point and someone had to make those rules and the Dagger that can kill him.

So what if this Shadow has been behind Rumpy getting power, the curse happening etc. What if this Shadow has been pulling the strings this whole time and giving Rumpy the nudge at the right times to do everything that he been doing?

Cause for some reason we have Rumpy and Regina together on a boat. So thinking its them 2 against the Shadow, magic vs magic.
Old May 15 2013, 02:18 AM   #803
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
The spinoff is also not going to fill in the timeslot between the mini seasons, it's on Thursdays at 8. I find that weird.
Why? I think it's great that, even though Once: Wonderland was originally envisioned as a limited-run series, ABC sees enough potential and has enough faith in the concept that they greenlit it as a full-fledged series and gave it its own timeslot running concurrently with Once.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 04:55 AM   #804
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Why? I think it's great that, even though Once: Wonderland was originally envisioned as a limited-run series, ABC sees enough potential and has enough faith in the concept that they greenlit it as a full-fledged series and gave it its own timeslot running concurrently with Once.
I think they stuck it there because nothing else has worked in that timeslot. I don't think it will get anymore episodes than the 13.
Old May 15 2013, 05:08 AM   #805
JD
Admiral

The trailer for Once Upon A Time In Wonderland has been released. I have to admit, it's not at all what I was expecting, but it still looks great to me.

Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 05:34 AM   #806
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

A note about the trailer: Many of the stuff shown is taken from "Hat Trick" and "Queen of Hearts" because a full pilot ep for the series hasn't yet been shot (ABC greenlit it based on a teaser presentation consisting of four or five scenes)

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 07:10 AM   #807
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^I'm not sure you watched the same trailer I did. 99% of what I saw was original footage. There was a quick scene of what looked like the Diner's floor exploding and another quick cut from "Queen of Hearts" where Hatter is taken before the queen, but everything else was new.
Old May 15 2013, 07:16 AM   #808
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Yeah, that was almost entirely new footage and it looks great!
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 09:38 AM   #809
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

That does indeed look very good.
Old May 15 2013, 02:39 PM   #810
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

They only filmed 19 minutes of the show so far.

However we already have a spoilers!