Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 14 2013, 07:58 PM   #46
borgmatrix
Ensign

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness Discussion [**NO SPOILERS PLEASE**]

ParticleMan wrote: View Post
The theater told me that both will be in 2D...which is fine with me because I'd rather watch it the first time in 2D anyway...they are having multiple other screenings at midnight as well as the 3D IMAX fan screening too...but the novelty of getting to see them both back to back won out over the other showings...
I think STID is going to be in 3D at my theater. I'll be seeing it again with my brother over the weekend, so I can see it in 2D then.

I agree that 3D or not doesn't really matter. Just liked the idea of the double feature and twice the fun at the theater.
borgmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 10:16 PM   #47
davejames
Vice Admiral

Nice to see that the reviews are still holding up so far. And from the poll in the spoiler thread it looks like the majority are rating it a B or higher (which is pretty good considering how ultra-critical and nitpicky Trek fans can be).

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about some of the plot holes and story problems people have hinted at so far, but then I didn't have much issue with those in the previous movie (except perhaps for the supernova destroying Romulus thing) so I think I'll be okay here too.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 10:21 PM   #48
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

davejames wrote: View Post

I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about some of the plot holes and story problems people have hinted at so far, but then I didn't have much issue with those in the previous movie (except perhaps for the supernova destroying Romulus thing) so I think I'll be okay here too.
Once I thought about Praxis, I didn't care...
Old May 14 2013, 10:52 PM   #49
davejames
Vice Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post

Once I thought about Praxis, I didn't care...
Ha, no kidding. There's much to love about TUC, but the way the entire story hinges on the most ludicrous idea possible-- that the vast Klingon Empire would be completely crippled by the destruction of one planet or energy facility-- makes the plot holes in the last Trek movie seem almost trivial.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 07:30 AM   #50
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

It looks like our theater will be showing the advance screening in 2D, which is a relief. I wear glasses, and wasn't looking forward to a blurry, dark, wishy washy experience.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote