New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 7 2013, 05:24 AM   #46
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: The good things thread

new computer (does happy dance, shoots all witnesses of happy dance >.>) so, here's a desktop screenshot

Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 01:14 PM   #47
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

reminds me a bit of the paintings by Sulamith Wülfing!
Old May 11 2013, 04:41 AM   #48
Velocity
Commodore

jespah wrote: View Post
Congratulations in 2 days (I think it's 1 day now, yes?)!
Yay! I'm retired now and it's great! Relief from all that stress and I get to spend more time with my granddaughter!
Old May 11 2013, 04:52 AM   #49
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Here is a good thing. Every tiny discovery is worthwhile!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 05:44 AM   #50
Australis
Writer

Well, I found out it seems I don't have pancreatic cancer (as I thought I might), that's a good thing.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 10:07 AM   #51
Kirkman1987
Commodore

Australis wrote: View Post
Well, I found out it seems I don't have pancreatic cancer (as I thought I might), that's a good thing.
Not bad at all

I've been chatting online with a very lovely girl who I have a lot in common with. We both have a love of Diners and terrible B-pictures. The moment she told me of her admiration for Charles Bronson my heart skipped a beat and I knew I was in love. I now have our first date set for next weekend. We will be heading downtown to see Casablanca at the Alamo Drafthouse. With this kind of film selection on that day, I think this date is fated to succeed.
Kirkman1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 05:18 PM   #52
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Australis wrote: View Post
A very good thing!
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2013, 07:08 AM   #53
propita
Rear Admiral

A good thing:

I went to the dermatologist for the first time (since I'm turning 50, it's like a 50 thousand mile checkup, you know?), a preliminary appointment before scheduling the look-see. My father had three kinds of skin cancer and I'm fairer eyed and hair. The doctor asked if I had anything unusual she should look at right then. I said my husband said a mole on my back had increased in size. She looked at it, said it was an "ugly duckling," that it was significantly different from all my freckles and other moles, and offered to scrape and biopsy it becuase it was so odd.

Fortunately, no cancer. I'm going to assume the look-see will have the same result.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2013, 03:54 PM   #54
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

^ No cancer is definitely a good thing!

I just had a skin cancer screening last week. All clear. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I'm surprised you're having a separate preliminary app't before the screening.
Old May 12 2013, 03:56 PM   #55
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Propita, I know exactly how you feel - my aunt died from skin cancer, 3 years ago and when I happened to discover a rather dark mole on my back last week I immediately had my GP check it. Fortunately, mine was harmless too. Apparently, when we get older, new moles get darker and bigger than our childhood ones.
Luckily, my insurance pays for a complete skin checkup once a year.
Congrats at having such a vigilant hubby! He deserves a candlelight dinner and a long night

Kirkman, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your date! Casablanca is a cool choice. Last time I saw a movie with a guy it was the Muppets Christmas Carol... Ahem - yes, it's been a while...

{{{{{Australis}}}}} Congratulations, old man!! One worry off your list. Now grab a few buddies, go out and celebrate!

Velocity, enjoy your newly won freedom! I'm so envious!

TSQ, that's a totally cool video! I've always liked experimenting with new food and think it's very important to offer children a wide choice so that they don't start to for examply refuse all kinds of veggies but learn that there are some really tasty ones as well.
Old May 12 2013, 04:02 PM   #56
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Rhubarb just reminded me... The dermatologist did express a bit of concern about a mole on my rear, not because it looks problematic, but because I can't monitor it myself (and I, too, have a family hx of melanoma). When I told my ex-husband, he snickered and asked if I'd told the guy it's been there for at least 40 years. Oh!