Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old May 9 2013, 04:23 PM   #136
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITH

Is it possible this is part of an official disinformation campaign?
Old May 9 2013, 04:34 PM   #137
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Do we know if this alleged top secret media event even took place? Are any other journalists talking about the event? If not, definitely fake. If they are, should be easy enough for them to deny the storyline.
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 04:37 PM   #138
StCoop
Commodore

Psion wrote: View Post
They haven't got the time to make the series on a regular basis but have the time for this? And why bother. It's hardly a topic that's got the nation gripped. It's one or two fans who desperate for attention or who think they're getting one over on people.

The thing is though, while those photos may be faked, every bit of official information about the episode (particularly the DWM preview) supports the original leaked synopsis. (All the extra stuff that other people are claiming is in the episode, not so much.)
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 04:39 PM   #139
StCoop
Commodore

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Do we know if this alleged top secret media event even took place? Are any other journalists talking about the event? If not, definitely fake. If they are, should be easy enough for them to deny the storyline.
In retrospect, the thing that really gives it away as being fake is the person claiming that their sister works for DWM and that's how they got to see it. DWM has a tiny staff and it would be easy to find out who it was and for them to lose their job if it was true.
Old May 9 2013, 05:17 PM   #140
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

StCoop wrote: View Post
Psion wrote: View Post
They haven't got the time to make the series on a regular basis but have the time for this? And why bother. It's hardly a topic that's got the nation gripped. It's one or two fans who desperate for attention or who think they're getting one over on people.

The thing is though, while those photos may be faked, every bit of official information about the episode (particularly the DWM preview) supports the original leaked synopsis. (All the extra stuff that other people are claiming is in the episode, not so much.)
Disinformation just isn't that hard. There are no actors, directors, grips, or camera operators involved, and the only special effects budget -- if any -- is the cost of a handful of Photoshops. Moffat could scatter a dozen different ideas for misdirection over a single dinner with a cheaply paid co-conspirator, and it's off to the races.

I've often wondered why the big franchises don't employ misdirection more often, and the only credible downside I've ever encountered is the suggestion that someone in PR might get testy if bad ideas create a negative buzz.
Old May 9 2013, 05:20 PM   #141
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

In retrospect, the thing that really gives it away as being fake is the person claiming that their sister works for DWM and that's how they got to see it. DWM has a tiny staff and it would be easy to find out who it was and for them to lose their job if it was true.
Speaking of DWM, I'm hearing rumors that BBC didn't renew Panini's license and that a new publisher (not Titan and not Future, someone else) will be handling the official magazine come the fall. The sticking point, according to rumor, was that the BBC wanted a digital format, but Panini wasn't willing to do so.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:33 PM   #142
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Fake(Doctor Who) on top of Fake(hobbit)

What the heck was the original screen showing? We need to go deeper....
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:47 PM   #143
Lonemagpie
Writer

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Speaking of DWM, I'm hearing rumors that BBC didn't renew Panini's license and that a new publisher (not Titan and not Future, someone else) will be handling the official magazine come the fall. The sticking point, according to rumor, was that the BBC wanted a digital format, but Panini wasn't willing to do so.
Hm, and Marcus Hearn has just taken up a freelance editing job at Panini - perhaps a change of team is what it'll take for them to keep the licence?

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:52 PM   #144
StCoop
Commodore

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Speaking of DWM, I'm hearing rumors that BBC didn't renew Panini's license and that a new publisher will be handling the official magazine come the fall.
Oh noes, who'll be Moffat's Arse-Kisser-In Chief now!
Old May 10 2013, 02:52 PM   #145
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

The Doctor's name is obviouslyJohn Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!

There, that's worth 100 pounds (or $154, since I'm a Yank).
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 08:05 PM   #146
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

The story we have been discussing here seems more and more likely to be correct - this trailer gives the game away given what we know:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p018wghc

Still we get a guest appearance from

Last edited by JoeZhang; May 11 2013 at 08:16 PM.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 08:29 PM   #147
diankra
Commodore

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
I thought hat, and a look at the DWM masthead would show that women are short on the supply on their editorial team. But then again, the reference to the Doctor Who Magazine could mean Doctor Who Adventures, and there are plenty of women working on that..
However, I still suspect it's a fake.

As for the 'top secret media event': there's been a press screening for all important episodes for a long time (till five years ago I'd have been at it... last on was The Next Doctor). Prior to that they did them for the season starts, but they moved over to also doing the finales rather than sending them out as preview discs to better control access (if someone's got a disc, then can show it to a friend). But these screenings/discs often omit the final scenes (for instance, the Army of Ghosts disc cut just as the Void Sphere opened, without revealing what it contained). From the DWM preview of next week's ep,, that seems to be the case with the final scene of this season (ie, if rumour is correct, the surprise appearance of another Doctor in the last show).
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 09:18 PM   #148
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
The story we have been discussing here seems more and more likely to be correct - this trailer gives the game away given what we know:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p018wghc

Still we get a guest appearance from

Supposed to be Jenna inserted into "The Five doctor's" episode

And so Clara Oswin leaps from timeline to timeline. Putting right what once went wrong....
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 09:28 PM   #149
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

It is the five doctors episode:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/fivename.png
Old May 11 2013, 09:29 PM   #150
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Where is she intended to be when in her 1980s version?