Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 10 2013, 12:46 PM   #136
Mr Light
Admiral

Re: Build-Up to The Office Finale

But he was in every episode. He actually appeared a LOT more this year than the past couple. Jim and Pam quietly started disappearing from the show once they had the baby.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 02:16 PM   #137
Ood Sigma
Commander

Another great episode (although I could have done without Andy).

Seems the series finale will be 6 months in the future after the documentary airs. I'm not quite sure how I feel about that, although it does parallel the UK version in that way.

Although the setting seems like a perfect way to bring back past guests and hopefully some past regulars (Ryan, Kelly, etc.)
Ood Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 02:24 PM   #138
J.T.B.
Commodore

The show is really going out with a whimper, the latest episode was dreadful. I barely laughed at the funny bits, and the feel-good parts were just generically sappy. When Pam played Jim's highlight video, my main thought was "How long is this going to drag out?"

A little Earth Wind & Fire can help anything, though.
J.T.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 05:08 PM   #139
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

Last night's episode was one of the few that I watched this season so I wasn't 100% about what was going on, but it was nice to see Dwight not acting like a tyrant as the boss, and I liked how Jim convinced him into making him his own assistant. The rest was pretty forgetable though, and I still hate Andy.
Old May 10 2013, 05:16 PM   #140
Aldo
Admiral

The Andy subplot was pretty weird. I'm not sure what they are intending with his character, I used to like Andy actually. But the (admittingly few) episodes I've seen this season, he's been all over the place.
Old May 10 2013, 06:21 PM   #141
Yoda
Rear Admiral

The Andy thing was lame. I kind of thought that last episode was his swan song, and a reasonable enough send off... and that they were going to focus on other characters for the last couple of episodes. I guess that was too optimistic. I had heard that my boy Aaron Rodgers was going to make a guest appearance, and I guess I just assumed that it was a natural fit for the Athlead thing.
Old May 10 2013, 06:34 PM   #142
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I liked that episode, except for the Andy subplot as everyone else has pointed out. I loved Jim's deadpan delivery of what was obviously sarcasm, but which seemed to go right over Dwight's head. I also liked the Dwight and Angela story and how it ended. Dwight looked so happy when he learned he was truly a father, that was a good moment. The only part I didnt like (besides Andy) was the Jim and Pam ending. Too sappy. It doesn't feel genuine anymore.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 01:31 AM   #143
shivkala
Rear Admiral

J.T.B. wrote: View Post
The show is really going out with a whimper, the latest episode was dreadful. I barely laughed at the funny bits, and the feel-good parts were just generically sappy. When Pam played Jim's highlight video, my main thought was "How long is this going to drag out?"

A little Earth Wind & Fire can help anything, though.
Never a good idea to remind your viewers of how much better the show was in the past. Though, I did recently re-watch season 2 and was happy to see they finally revisited the Christmas Card, though it's a bit weird that he's been married to Pam for years and just now is giving her the card.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Edit: I've been power-watching Parks & Rec to see the early episodes I missed because the pilot sucked, and realizing just how much better a show it is than The Office. Such a well balanced cast, and Mark for Chris & Ben is the best trade in TV history.
I agree, totally, with this. Parks and Recreation has heart, something that The Office, aside from Jim and Pam (and occasionally Oscar) lacks. That's not a knock against The Office, because it's not that kind of show, but I do enjoy how much the characters in Parks and Recreation care for, respect, and admire each other.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 04:46 AM   #144
Raze
Ensign

Andy never seemed like a good fit. Not sure why they kept him on as a character. I think The Office has ran it's course, but it's still sad to see it go
Raze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 04:59 AM   #145
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Andy is one of those characters they never wrote consistently. The Andy you see in one season bears nothing in common to the Andy you see in another. Kind of like Ryan. Ryan started out as this guy who knew all the business theory but had no sales ability. Then he turned into white needy Tom Haveford.

But it's sure not Ed Helms' fault. I really think they kept him on because he was played by Ed Helms.

Anyway Dwight was always the real main character of the show, especially after Michael left.

I wish Pete & Clark joined sooner. They should have had time to be fully developed instead of being The Office's Ezri.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 12:53 PM   #146
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

"This is how loud I love you"

I really liked that episode, and I'm a sucker for the Jim/Pam relationship so I liked the highlights from the past. I thought it was all pretty funny, although the Andy bit again just feels out of place.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 04:26 PM   #147
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
"This is how loud I love you"
That cracked me up too.

I'm glad they got those two together. They deserve each other.

I'm looking forward to the finale. There's an hour retrospective show beforehand, which I'm sure will be cool.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 05:16 PM   #148
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

It's always weird seeing schlumpy, young, disheveled Jim.
Old May 12 2013, 05:17 PM   #149
Mysterion
Rear Admiral

What scenes would people want to see in a The Office highlights show?

For me it would be Dwight's fire-drill. that is maybe the funniest three or four minutes of television ever. the total level of choas they portrayed is just amazing to me.
Old May 12 2013, 05:31 PM   #150
the G-man
Commodore

Parks and Recreation has heart, something that The Office, aside from Jim and Pam (and occasionally Oscar) lacks.
That's interesting. I never saw Oscar as having heart. He always seemed kind of detached and/or cynical to me, even when he does something nice (like to Angela recently).
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote