Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 10 2013, 03:34 AM   #6661
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Snyder is putting in elements from Beyond. There was also I think the Powers who were part of the Court of Owls.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 03:34 AM   #6662
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Both Bat books were great this week. Honestly, I'm not even sure which one I liked better. I'm gonna consider Tomasi's last couple arcs just a fluke. I'm so glad I decided not to drop Batman and Robin like I had planned after Death of the Family. Oh yeah, and seeing the Beyond suit in Batman was such a treat.

I was weak and couldn't stop myself from reading Green Lantern Corps #20. So yeah, one major bit of fallout from whatever happens in Green Lantern #20 is spoiled. Namely

I'm happy to see that happen, though. It's been a very long time coming. This should lead to some interesting possibilities for the Corps moving forward. It's just a shame that after this issue reaffirms how much Guy needs the Green Lantern Corps, that we already know he'll be leaving it next issue.
Old May 10 2013, 03:44 AM   #6663
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Yeah he introduced the Powers family in Court of Owls, I think it was even "Batman #1" IIRC.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 05:36 PM   #6664
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I was just looking at my pull list for Wednesday, and it says Green Lantern #20 has been pushed to May 22, yet Green Lantern Corps that takes places after it is still coming out this week?
Yeah, that confused me at first too.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 08:32 PM   #6665
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. This will either be a train wreck, or potentially the most awesome thing the New 52 has done so far.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/...e-dc-universe/

Looks like Morrison's "Wonder Woman" project will indeed be "Wonder Woman: Earth One" and finally "Multiversity" is slated for release.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/0...mic-books.html

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; May 10 2013 at 11:05 PM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 11:14 PM   #6666
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. This will either be a train wreck, or potentially the most awesome thing the New 52 has done so far.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/...e-dc-universe/
Ha! I love the captioning on the second image!
Old May 11 2013, 02:21 PM   #6667
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Just clicked on the preview for Batman and Red Hood #20 and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this version of Carrie Kelly. She's been an interesting character so far. I am assuming that at the end of the grieving arc that Bruce will reveal to her that his son is actually dead. Or she'll come to realize that he's been hiding that in order to hide their secret from her.
I think I'm annoyed with Carrie Kelly at the moment.

For one thing, I don't see what she has in common with the Frank Miller character beyond the name. I really feel like they're using the name "Carrie Kelly" just to use it.

And the other thing, she reminds me, personality-wise, of Stephanie Brown, if Stephanie didn't know the Bat-family's secret identities, far more than she reminds me of Carrie.

I almost wonder if Tomasi wanted to use Stephanie for this arc and when he was told no he simply replaced her with another character but gave the character the same attributes. It wouldn't be the first time this happened in the past two years.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 02:30 PM   #6668
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

^I would be willing to bet that's exactly what happened.

I'm really wondering what the heck Didio's vendetta against Stephanie is. It's like nobody is even allowed to mention her.
Old May 11 2013, 02:30 PM   #6669
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

I'm getting so sick of hearing about Brown that I'm hoping they bring her back and cut her head off in the second panel she appears in.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 02:35 PM   #6670
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I get it though. She's a fan-favorite character that has completely disappeared following the New 52. That alone isn't the problem, since there's plenty of those, but the fact that DC Editorial seems absolutely unwilling to talk about her, along with the reports that writers have been banned from using her, is what really gets people in a huff.
Old May 11 2013, 02:36 PM   #6671
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

I get that people are in a huff, I get that but it's starting to remind me of when you couldn't move for Brown-tongues telling you had to see serenity.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 08:19 PM   #6672
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

I'm really wondering what the heck Didio's vendetta against Stephanie is. It's like nobody is even allowed to mention her.
It's not a vendetta. He is following his editorial philosophy that dictates for well known comic properties only the most well known versions should be kept around and the lesser well known version should be either dumped into limbo or killed off or given some other role.

It's why he wanted Nightwing killed off in Infinite Crisis. He felt his evolution away from Robin was a mistake. The same for Wally West as Flash and Kyle as Green Lantern.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 09:42 PM   #6673
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post

It's not a vendetta. He is following his editorial philosophy that dictates for well known comic properties only the most well known versions should be kept around and the lesser well known version should be either dumped into limbo or killed off or given some other role.

It's why he wanted Nightwing killed off in Infinite Crisis. He felt his evolution away from Robin was a mistake. The same for Wally West as Flash and Kyle as Green Lantern.
Then why isn't Wally West the Flash, or John Stewart the main Green Lantern? They were the ones in the Justice League cartoon which is the biggest exposure either of those characters have had in decades. Do you know how many times I heard people asking me why Green Lantern wasn't black when the movie was coming out? Growing up, Wally West was my Flash. Barry Allen was some guy that died before I was born.
Old May 11 2013, 09:43 PM   #6674
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

And Didio feels otherwise.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 09:44 PM   #6675
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I'm sure he does. I'm just pointing out the holes in the logic.