IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old May 9 2013, 07:07 PM   #3451
The Illusive Man
LeadHead's Cerberus Title

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

T J wrote: View Post
Wow... the downtime is getting worse... You should see the UK people freaking out on the STO forums! They keep saying "Don't do this when we're coming home from work or school, instead inconvience the Americans..." How rude.
It is inconveniencing the Americans. The outages recently have almost ALL been during my usual playtimes.
Old May 9 2013, 08:59 PM   #3452
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

T J wrote: View Post
Wow... the downtime is getting worse... You should see the UK people freaking out on the STO forums! They keep saying "Don't do this when we're coming home from work or school, instead inconvience the Americans..." How rude.
Well, if you read the neverWinter Derv posts - they basically stated that yes, it was technically Emergency maintenance; because they did state they weren't going to do a Thursday maintenance (they 'rolled' it into the recovery from the last unexpected crash) - and basically, some new/better network hardware arrived that would improve game server performance; and the Net Ops team collectively felt installing said new hardware ASAP would be better for all Cryptic games; so they decided to do it.

Whether that pans out as a good thing, and fixes a lot of the lag issues players have been seeing across all 3 Cryptic MMOs remains to be seen.
Old May 9 2013, 11:41 PM   #3453
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

I have no issue with them doing maintenance if there is the possibility that it improves the gameplay experience. You can't please everybody, and when it's something last minute, it's just a reality that someone will be put out.

As far as scheduled maintenance, that's something they should rotate the timing of so no one geographical area of players is always the one missing out.
Old May 10 2013, 06:17 PM   #3454
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

I guess it would be too much for them if they were to just do half hour of downtime every day just as a matter of course, like EVE Online?
Old May 10 2013, 08:04 PM   #3455
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Good idea but when?
Old May 11 2013, 07:56 AM   #3456
SilentP
Commodore

That game does it at 11:00 EVE time, which I think is 11:00am in whatever timezone Iceland is in. Though they say it's half hour, it usually ends up being about 20 minutes or so, since the workload for each downtime isn't usually immense.
Old May 11 2013, 08:41 AM   #3457
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Cryptic has wiped the Tribble test server clean and opened it up for open beta testing for everybody.
You can transfer over existing characters or create new ones for all three factions.
Every faction now starts at level 1 and your first character doesn't need to be Federation anymore.

I am looking forward to play through the Romulan Republic story as well as the new Klingon content.
Federation gets new content as well with the new Nimbus III adventure zone.

Testing on Tribble over this weekend will secure you a testing reward which is usually a unique tribble for a nice stat buff.
Old May 11 2013, 05:31 PM   #3458
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Cryptic has wiped the Tribble test server clean and opened it up for open beta testing for everybody.
You can transfer over existing characters or create new ones for all three factions.
Every faction now starts at level 1 and your first character doesn't need to be Federation anymore.

I am looking forward to play through the Romulan Republic story as well as the new Klingon content.
Federation gets new content as well with the new Nimbus III adventure zone.

Testing on Tribble over this weekend will secure you a testing reward which is usually a unique tribble for a nice stat buff.
If you can actually get in the queue is busted.
Old May 11 2013, 06:06 PM   #3459
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

I had about a 7 minute wait this morning, then played for like 3 hours on Tribble. Started a Romulan and leveled her up to a couple missions after the alliance choice. Probably do a little more tomorrow morning.
Old May 11 2013, 07:34 PM   #3460
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

the tribble died in it's wheel again. Server seems to be down once again.
Old May 11 2013, 08:43 PM   #3461
SilentP
Commodore

I did a few hours, managed to do the mission after choosing allegiance. I like the story arc a lot, and the ground areas are beautifully done. I only hope that the Feds and Klingons get their starting arcs redone to be as interesting, especially for the Klingons. Seriously, that 'tutorial' for them really needs reworking, who the hell wants Qo'Nos tour every time they want to start a new character?
Old May 11 2013, 08:48 PM   #3462
Aeolusdallas
Captain

SilentP wrote: View Post
I did a few hours, managed to do the mission after choosing allegiance. I like the story arc a lot, and the ground areas are beautifully done. I only hope that the Feds and Klingons get their starting arcs redone to be as interesting, especially for the Klingons. Seriously, that 'tutorial' for them really needs reworking, who the hell wants Qo'Nos tour every time they want to start a new character?
The redone Klingon tutorial is pretty fantastic too. The Rura Penthe mission in particular is great.
Old May 12 2013, 04:17 AM   #3463
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

Another stupid question: What am I missing? I collected enough reputation points for the Romulan games to where it says my upgrade for tier IV reputation is available. What do I have to do to make it upgrade?

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
Old May 12 2013, 09:24 PM   #3464
Scout101
Admiral

upgrade project at the bottom to enable it. for a cost
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old May 13 2013, 04:42 AM   #3465
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

Dumb it down for me. I'm just not seeing this. And do you mean I'd have to pay REAL money, or Star Trek money?

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
Closed Thread