Thought just ocurred to me

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by mredom, May 9, 2013.

1. mredom

mredom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And please, feel free to shout this down as the stupidest idea ever. I haven't yet seen the new movie. I will, on opening night. I have a hunch that the plot from the next movie will in fact tie into this movie, but...

The Enterprise is well into it's five year mission, when they detect waves of temporal distortion emanating from a planet: yes we're going to find the Guardian of Forever, total fanwank, I know. This time however, Kirk and Spock are met with a dilemma. The two most formative events within this timeline never occured within the prime timeline, the death of George Kirk, and the destruction of Vulcan. They realize that they may be able to change these circumstances saving not only Kirk's father, but Spock's mother, and the entire planet of Vulcan in the process.

The ethical conundrum ensues with the conflict of not only whether they should act to change their own history, but in their knowledge of the "black ops" arm of starfleet, whether they should reveal the location of this device to the Federation.

It's just a germ, and a fanwank one at that, but I think there could be a plot there. And it wouldn't involve a "villain" bent on destroying our heroes, but on decisions they make in order for their timeline to continue.

Go ahead-tell me it's fanwank crap that would make a terrible movie (I already kind of think it) or is there something there that might work?

2. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than watch that.

Although I will say I dig the idea of not having a "villain" in the next movie.

3. mredom

mredom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

and THAT ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm a high school band director and not a screenwriter. Just throwing things out (or up as it would seem, as in vomit)

:)

4. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You have some good ideas. I like the idea of the plot being set around a moral dilemma, and perhaps with no real central villain. I'm not sure I'd want time travel in the movie though, since we just had that in the 09 Trek. I'd rather it focus more on space travel :).

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Time travel sucks when the characters have control over it. When they don't have control, then it works better.

6. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

And in the very last scene we get a shot of the new cast on the old Enterprise?

I like some of this. I think it's time for a movie without a comicbooky bad-guy. I have a gut feeling Vulcan won't stay dead forever.

However, time travel has been the major plot device of 25% of Trek movies so far, and it needs a rest.

7. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Since they're just rehashing old stories and characters, how about:
    • Harry Mudd unleashes his horde of mutated killer Tribbles and fembots on the galaxy
    • Apollo sways the crews of the U.S.S. Reliant into becoming his minions as he attempts to reclaim his power as a worshipped deity on Earth
    • The Klingons launch a massive offensive against the Federation, led by Kang, Kor and Kolath, whilst an alluring Romulan Commander plays both sides against the other, all the while being watched by non-coporeal life forms that feed off the negative emotions of sentient species
    • On a world where the inhabitants have tremendous mental powers, melodrama follows after Kirk and Uhura are forced together in front of Spock and Carol