Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 9 2013, 07:44 PM   #1501
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Ayelbourne wrote: View Post
I]She[/I] was the one openly threatened by Tyrion. She's been paranoid about him ever since Maggy the Frog.
I so hope they ditch that stupid prophecy for the TV series.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 07:48 PM   #1502
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

^^^
Me too.
Old May 9 2013, 07:52 PM   #1503
Kosh Naranek
Captain

From that scene it appeared to me that the attack was being pinned on Joff, and then he uses a woman for target practice to cement his nastiness in the minds of the viewers.

I wonder if they will use Joff's death to send Cersei spiraling? The show has def made her "softer" by attributing the order to murder Robert's bastards to Joff and pinning the attempt on Tyrion's life on Joff. (As other posters pointed out, Tyrion thought it was Cersei but never knew for sure.)

Perhaps Tywin's quip about her not being as smart as she thinks is the beginning of the build to her walk? She is already suspicious of the Tyrells and has openly regarded Marg with disdain more than once.

I think flashes of her paranoria and lack of forethought are being presented to the viewers to build to C's "mini downfall".
Old May 9 2013, 08:00 PM   #1504
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
The TV show didn't show Mandon Moore as Cersei's bodyguard, did it? It just showed him as part of the Kingsguard.
He's acting as her guard in the scene where Tyrion threatens her and he's with Cersei in Maegor's Holdfast before she sends him to the battlements.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 08:05 PM   #1505
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

He's acting as her guard in the scene where Tyrion threatens her and he's with Cersei in Maegor's Holdfast before she sends him to the battlements.
Fair enough, but I don't think it's established that he's exclusively tasked as her bodyguard from the point of view of TV viewers.
Old May 9 2013, 11:46 PM   #1506
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

But that makes much less sense than pinning it on Cersei. She was the one openly threatened by Tyrion. She's been paranoid about him ever since Maggy the Frog.
Also, Mandon Moore was her bodyguard.
I think they are trying to set up the idea that Joffrey is a rather stupid assassin for the big reveal that Joffrey tried to have Bran killed.
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 02:46 PM   #1507
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I have finished the Hedge Knight and the Sworn Sword. I quite enjoyed the Hedge Knight. The Sworn Sword was okay.

Started the Mystery Knight last night. It is shaping up to be an interesting read.
Old May 14 2013, 03:12 PM   #1508
Tyberius
Commander

The are really setting up Shae to be more sympathetic

I wish there was more Warg stuff.

The Bear was pretty good. I'm glad they used a wooden sword. I was worried in the book that viewers would think Brienne was ineffectual with a steal (albeit dulled) sword.

Robb's baby. That's interesting. I wonder if anything will come of it.

It's really getting close to time to wrap things up.
Does anybody know if they are planning to leave any of this for next season?
Tyberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 04:39 PM   #1509
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

We might get to see the wall war, although I could also see them ending the season with the build-up of the wildlings at the wall as one of the possible cliff-hangers.

What I want to know is...where is the Horn of Winter? IIRC, Snow was supposed to have seen it and realized its significance long before he climbed the wall.

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; May 14 2013 at 06:39 PM.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 04:48 PM   #1510
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Tyberius wrote: View Post
Robb's baby. That's interesting. I wonder if anything will come of it.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 04:57 PM   #1511
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Tyberius wrote: View Post
It's really getting close to time to wrap things up.
Does anybody know if they are planning to leave any of this for next season?
We'll have Sansa's wedding next week and the RW the week after that.
The Purple Wedding won't be in this season. No reports whatsoever of it having been shot, as opposed to the RW. Also, no Dornish in King's Landing this season, and you can't have the royal wedding without all of your (still loyal) vassall states present.
Especially after Joffrey just whored his sister out to Dorne, the least they could do in return is to attend his wedding.

No wall war either. The actor who plays Pyp (who stayed at Castle Black) said he only shot one scene this season. Which means Jon's arc will most likely end with him returning to Castle Black in his final scene.

I also think we've seen the last of Jaime and Brienne this season. Their next stop in their story is King's Landing but they don't arrive there until after the PW.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2013, 10:50 PM   #1512
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
...Yes, I know that Jeylisa survived in the books...
Jeyne and Talisa's stories are completely irreconcilable. Unless they're going to pull her being an agent of Tywin out of nowhere next week they'll probably just get rid of her and as much of the remaining Robb-related plotline/characters as possible so it doesn't distract going forward.

Robb's downfall is, by far, the worst-handled plot translation of the show. Well, maybe Qarth is a close second.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 12:32 AM   #1513
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

George R. R. Martin has said his episode of season four is #2; I bet that's where we'll get the Purple Wedding.

I'm sure they'll contrive something else for Jaime and Brienne to do, as it's a little early for them to disappear for the season. Episode #10 could show their response to the Red Wedding, for example, which is briefly described in the Jaime chapter after they reach King's Landing.

At this point the Robb/Catelyn/Talisa material is so embarrassing I'm looking forward to the Red Wedding bringing an end to it.
Old May 15 2013, 09:03 AM   #1514
FreezeC77
Commodore

I'm wondering if somehow Talisa survives this and Mellisandre acquires her to have another "kings" blood.

She could take the place of Dalla who hasn't had any presence in the show, but was present when Jon Snow first met Mance and had lines.

Similar to how it appear Gendry may assume some of the storyline of Edric Storm.

The producers seem to try to reduce the number of characters whenever possible and transfer actions to a character/actor fans of the show have already seen when it doesn't severely impact the plot.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2013, 09:58 AM   #1515
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Jon swapping Robb's child instead of Mance's would be a pretty enormous change.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote