Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 9 2013, 03:43 PM   #2521
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Can I blame Joe Quesada too?
Of course he has gone on record as saying SSM was too complicated.
Really? What? Too complicated? I'd argue it's not complicated enough!

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 04:19 PM   #2522
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Well I would have gone for the rather interesting coincidence that two projects he is involved with the accursed One More Day and Ultimate Spider-Man (TV series) both have enough pointless filler to choke an elephant.

but that works too.

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Really? What? Too complicated? I'd argue it's not complicated enough!
Wait, are you talking about Spectacular Spider-Man or Superior Spider-Man (aka Doc Ock's delusions of grandeur).
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 06:00 PM   #2523
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Wait, are you talking about Spectacular Spider-Man or Superior Spider-Man (aka Doc Ock's delusions of grandeur).
In a thread on Marvel NOW!, I took SSM to mean Superior Spider-Man.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 11:17 PM   #2524
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Supersadomasochism.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 05:24 AM   #2525
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

This week I only bought Avengers and Fearless Defenders from Marvel.

I liked Avengers, even though there wasn't really any super-hero action in it. Bobby and Sam partying with the AIM agents was fun.

I'll join the with the crowd that was ready to drop Fearless Defenders before this issue came out. I think that Dani being ble to transform into a Valkrie means that Hela always intended for Dani to be a part of this endeavor. I think that all of that stuff about Hippolyta returning Dani to Hela was just Hippolyta's way of testing Dani's mettle or rattling her cage.

Next week's previews...

Age of Ultron #8
Avengers: The Enemy Within #1
Cable and X-Force #8
FF #7
Gambit #12
Iron Man #10
Nova #4
Thunderbolts #9
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #23
Wolverine & The X-Men #29
X-Factor #256

Another small week for me. Only Age of Ultron and FF.
Old May 10 2013, 05:33 AM   #2526
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

You know I just realized something Otto Octavious has got to be the biggest idiot on the planet, becuase out of all the people who he could switch bodies with he picks Peter Parker aka God's personal butt monkey. I mean seriously has Otto realized just how screwed he is now?

I mean lets think about this for two seconds Otto used to be a feared super villian who has the ability to score with hot chicks and seemingly enough spare cash for secret lairs and giant death machines and leads his own super villian team and pretty much gets to be top dog when ever Osborn isn't around spreading his crazy. Hell even dying wasn't a big thing to him since he came back from the dead.

He has traded this to be a guy who God personally craps on regularly.

I mean he can't keep a girlfriend to save his life for the most part if he does manage that they either get killed, or he sells his relationship to the freaking devil to save his aunt just so when she kicks the bucket of old age (in what like six months) he doesn't have to feel guilty about it (yes that was the actual reason he gave) becuase the guy running his comic company wants him single. He constantly has to fight people who would light him on fire and post it on the Internet and (depending on his public perception) people would gladly watch, and that's just the ones who don't know who he is. The ones that do will gladly ruin his non super hero life as well such as Harry Osborn's scheme to make robot duplicates of his parents which added on top of other bad stuff in his life at the time drove him practically insane. Not to mention that writers and editors don't mind ruining his life if they think it will sell more which mean a future of possible job loss, JJJ turning on him and making him a wanted fugitive, and other horrible things.

Honestly I'm starting to think Parker is in Marvel heaven laughing his ass off at Otto when he isn't busy banging Gwen Stacy, while Otto is totally screwed and hasn't even realized it yet.
Old May 10 2013, 06:07 AM   #2527
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

^ You sure like talking about something you claim to dislike don't ya? Also the points you make are part of the reason why this is so fun. Otto is a supervillain in a superheroes body and living a superheroes life but still operating with a supervillian mentality. He's not adjusting very well. He's fought Spider-Man so long, but really had no idea about the man underneath the mask or the sacrifices and decisions he's had to make over the years. He's in Spider-Man's body, but he's still that crack pot over the top campy scientist and applying that mentality to being Spider-Man. Thus the Spider-Bots, etc.

His goal was to take over his arch-nemesis and finally destroy him. He could have taken over anyone's body theoretically...but he's Peter's first and longest enemy and this is why it tied in with the 50th Anny last year all the way to Amazing Spider-Man #1. Finally after all these years a plan of Otto's finally worked...at least most of it

Also it's more likely that Peter is in limbo since he's most likely coming back in a few months

Out of curiosity are you reading any other Marvel books...obviously you don't like Superior Spider-Man.

Next weeks Marvel pulls:

-Avengers: The Enemy Within #1
-FF#7
-Nova #4
-Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #23
-Wolverine and the X-Men #29

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; May 10 2013 at 06:26 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 12:12 PM   #2528
Mr Light
Admiral

Peter in limbo just gave me an idea; Doctor Strange is going to discover Peter's soul in the afterlife and bring it back to his body.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 12:30 PM   #2529
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The astral plane is not heaven.

I'm not saying that Strange can't go to heaven, of course he can, and return safely, but it's not his Friday not local either.

But if we want to talk about Otto's aura?

It's possible Dr Strange won't even recognize him as Peter/Spider-Man.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 04:31 PM   #2530
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
His goal was to take over his arch-nemesis
I think Norman would debate that point and by debate I mean torture him to death for even thinking he was better than him.

Seriously I'm pretty sure Doc Ock lost nemesis privileges when Norman killed Parker's girlfriend and found out who he was, this was further proven when he set up the whole Clone Saga (which was pretty damned evil). Otto's never really steeped up his game enough to qualify.

and finally destroy him.
Meh, that never sticks in comics.

He could have taken over anyone's body theoretically
Like someone's who's life doesn't suck.

Out of curiosity are you reading any other Marvel books...obviously you don't like Superior Spider-Man.
Not really I'm finding most of their ideas kind of Meh.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Peter in limbo just gave me an idea; Doctor Strange is going to discover Peter's soul in the afterlife and bring it back to his body.
Or Otto switches back after Norman finds out what he's done and beats him half to death with a crowbar. Because lets face it Norman will not be a happy camper when and if he finds out.
Old May 10 2013, 04:40 PM   #2531
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

I think Norman would debate that point and by debate I mean torture him to death for even thinking he was better than him.
Whatever Gobby may think - and however Peter may rank them - Otto's arch-nemesis is still Spider-Man.
Old May 10 2013, 05:53 PM   #2532
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Whatever Gobby may think - and however Peter may rank them - Otto's arch-nemesis is still Spider-Man.
I doubt it matters much to Osborn what Otto thinks, hell in Ultimate Marvel Otto taking half the credit for creating Spider-Man is why Norman killed him because he didn't want to share credit with Otto, not of mention most adaptations where they're paired together Osborn pretty much has no respect for Otto what so ever and pretty much makes him his lackey.
Old May 10 2013, 08:28 PM   #2533
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Also I said Otto's arch-nemesis not Peter's. I'd agree that would probably be Norman. Anyway I'm done arguing. We'll agree to disagree and move on now

Old May 11 2013, 03:26 AM   #2534
Mr Light
Admiral

Have Green Goblin and Dr Octopus ever interacted in continuity...?

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2013, 03:34 AM   #2535
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I can't think of an instance. They did lots of course in Ultimate Spider-Man as Otto worked for Ultimate Norman. I don't think they've interacted much in 616. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they interact with each other, and remember that Norman doesn't remember that Spider-Man is Peter Parker thanks to the spell, so that's another mark against poor Pete! That is even if Gobby is Norman