Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old May 9 2013, 03:27 PM   #406
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

I have... not from TrekBBS, though. I Ferengied one from a T5 fleet, an Armitage... I screwed myself out of getting a T5 fleet hangar, though but not thinking far enough ahead then.
Timelord Victorious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 04:05 PM   #407
Scout101
Admiral

Wanna see if we can shake a little fleet activity out, on that note. We're THIS close to completing Tier 3 and having access to some better stuff, but we've ground to a halt. If we can make a little push, should be able to get there and open up the options a bit. Tier 4 seems unlikely unless they fix the costs a bit, but we're almost over the hump for Tier 3.

Been dumping stuff in to try and wrap ths up, but not seeing a whole lot of movement there...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 04:47 PM   #408
Bird of Prey
Fleet Captain

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
I have... not from TrekBBS, though. I Ferengied one from a T5 fleet, an Armitage... I screwed myself out of getting a T5 fleet hangar, though but not thinking far enough ahead then.
How did it compare to the c-store Armitage?

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Wanna see if we can shake a little fleet activity out, on that note. We're THIS close to completing Tier 3 and having access to some better stuff, but we've ground to a halt. If we can make a little push, should be able to get there and open up the options a bit. Tier 4 seems unlikely unless they fix the costs a bit, but we're almost over the hump for Tier 3.

Been dumping stuff in to try and wrap ths up, but not seeing a whole lot of movement there...
I was doing some contributions the other day and managed to finish off three projects - 2 starbase and 1 embassy. If we can make it to tier 3 on the starbase, then I'll wait until then to get a Fleet ship. I will gladly donate what I can (consumables, DOFFS) to make this a possibility, but I'm holding onto dilithium so that I can convert it to zen for the new items in the Legacy of Romulus update
Bird of Prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:04 PM   #409
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

[QUOTE=Bird of Prey;8063185]
Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
How did it compare to the c-store Armitage?

Well, the extra console is nice, plus the extra HP in hull and shields helps a little I guess.

Overall it wasn't a huge difference to the C-Store version. It really is only a noticeable advantage in PvP I guess where I was holding up pretty well except under most heavy focused fire.

If you have a few spare million lying around (which I did from selling a Tholian ship a few months ago) it is worth going for.
Since I already had the C-Store ship I didn't need to invest terribly much into the ship module.
Old May 9 2013, 06:02 PM   #410
T J
Commodore

Bird of Prey wrote: View Post
but I'm holding onto dilithium so that I can convert it to zen for the new items in the Legacy of Romulus update
This.

I've been contributing to but as for dilithium... I share Bird of Prey's feelings, no one want to part with their dilithium, it's tooooo precious. Those prices have to be lowered and I know they will not. As others have said on the STO forums, if they had to pay thru the nose so must we all.

As for the New Romulus uniform... I like the Tal-Shiar look... no civilian scarves please.
Old May 9 2013, 06:14 PM   #411
Lead-Nosed Reindeer
LeadHead's First Officer

Yeah, I freely admit that I haven't contributed much recently, also haven't been playing as much due to being a much busier person.

I contributed a huge amount of dilithium early on around September/October, when the exchange rates for Zen to dilithium were much more favorable and I wouldn't mind dropping a few bucks to get some progress done. (I'm not very good at dilithium grinding, for me it takes a lot of time, I'm open to suggestions and advice about how to grind more quickly.effectively)

After awhile, I stopped putting in zen to dilthium to save money, also so often my toons would be left as Cadets and Crewmen, it felt like the fleet wasn't noticing, so I just wasn't as motivated to use zen to bump up the dilthium counts as much.
Old May 9 2013, 07:16 PM   #412
T J
Commodore

I wonder... the Trek BBS is (as far as I know) is the largest BBS for Trek other than perhaps the official boards... Do we advertise our fleet? Do we do recruitment...? Our fleet should be one of the largest out there yet I never see recruitment threads on the STO forums, and it seems many of the recent recruits are leaving due to this stagnation. I see many "so and so has left the fleet..." Whenever I log on there are only one or two other people online. There are never fleet events, only one or two since I joined last year. Sure we all have lives but it seems we stopped trying... We should work on this.
Old May 9 2013, 07:57 PM   #413
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Yeah, not much active recruiting. Pretty much because the fleet is not to represent Trek fans as a whole, but this community.
So everyone who plays the game regularly and visits the board will know we exist.
I might be wrong, but I guess the hard core of the armada cares more about this community than about fleet politics which, frankly, is work and not fun.
Old May 9 2013, 09:55 PM   #414
Cjohnson1701
Lieutenant Commander

Hey, just downloaded STO. May I still join the fleet? Also which class would I play to become a tank?
Cjohnson1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 10:09 PM   #415
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Tricky question. Engineers are the tanks in this game, with cruisers as the most resilient ships.
Old May 9 2013, 10:32 PM   #416
Cjohnson1701
Lieutenant Commander

Cool beans, also I tried looking around the forum but server are you guys on?
Old May 9 2013, 11:25 PM   #417
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Cjohnson1701 wrote: View Post
Cool beans, also I tried looking around the forum but server are you guys on?
There's really only one server.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 12:09 AM   #418
Cjohnson1701
Lieutenant Commander

Double cool Beans! Well I'm penman@lordstormagedon
Old May 10 2013, 11:59 AM   #419
Scout101
Admiral

Wasn't trying to guilt people on why they weren't playing, just trying to see if we could gather ourselves up for one more push to finish Tier 3 (and likely be about done leveling until things change, outside of maybe a good vanity project here and there). If everyone tosses in a little, should be able to get there from where we are without anyone putting in TOO much...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 12:16 PM   #420
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

I'm good with that. My Fed will contribute whatever he's got to help us reach tier 3.
Ruaidhri is online now   Reply With Quote