A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 9 2013, 07:59 AM   #121
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Re: Survivor 26: Fans vs Favorites Discussion

Wow, poor Brenda.

Cochran and Dawn are brutal, very tough vote, maybe one of the most cutthroat decisions ever. But that's how you win...

I don't see how Cochran's going to make to the final three either though. Dawn might win immunity, but Cochran has got to be the next one to go, absolutely no reason to keep him now.
Old May 9 2013, 08:58 AM   #122
Skywalker
Admiral

And with that, Dawn just handed Cochran the million dollar prize. He's the one person on the island to whom she has any actual loyalty, Eddie isn't smart enough to think to get rid of him, Erik just votes however Cochran and Dawn tell him to vote, and Sherri has convinced herself that she's the one in control of the game.

If Dawn gets to the final tribal council, she is going to get ripped to shreds.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 03:41 PM   #123
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

How is what she did different than what Brenda did to Andrea?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:01 PM   #124
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

The brutal part of the reward challenge was that they were so close to their camp, forcing Brenda and Dawn to actually watch everyone else eating and having a great time. That's messed up!

If Cochran makes it to the end, I don't see how he won't win. He obviously deserves it, he has done a great job. But will he make it to the end? I really hope so. That preview for next week showing someone possibly getting taken out of the game for an injury worries me. That would be especially tough with just two or three days left in the game!

I think that unless he wins immunity, Eddie will be the next to go, because Cochran has already begun making a case to others that Eddie will win the last immunity challenges and "choose their fate," as Dawn put it. If Eddie wins immunity, I think it will come down to Eric or Sherri going. Unless one of those two makes a move against Cochran that includes Eddie.

By the way, I noticed several very beautiful shots in last night's episode. For example, when the Survivors were walking back to camp through the water at sunset, after the barbecue.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 06:02 PM   #125
Roger Wilco
Admiral

wissaboo wrote: View Post
How is what she did different than what Brenda did to Andrea?
It felt very much different. Maybe because Brenda is such a sweet woman while Andrea did a lot of plotting and manipulating, so her getting blindsided was more a "live by the sword" situation.

That in addition to the brutality of the family challenge, her choosing Dawn, then giving it up for the rest of the tribe, and getting betrayed by all of them basically.

Voting her out was the right move, so props to Dawn and Cochran, but it was not fun to watch for me. And Dawn especially will get an earful about it if she makes it to the final tribal council. (hint: the people on Ponderosa are not her biggest fans... )

eta: plus of course Brenda losing immunity to Dawn despite probably being able to hang on a while longer.
Old May 9 2013, 09:16 PM   #126
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

I kind of felt bad for Brenda, but voting her off was the smart move. In her "tree interview", Brenda did seem to have an inkling that winning and sacrificing her reward could put a target on her back, but I guess she didn't really expect to get booted.

Loved that Dawn got picked to share in the reward only to have it yanked away. She's the one remaining player I don't want to see win. I don't think she can win, but she's almost assured of making the final three now. And I'd rather not see her even get that far.

I wonder if the outcome at tribal would have been different if Brenda had asked Dawn to make the decision about who got the reward? Even if it didn't help, I would have loved to have seen Dawn fall apart over that decision.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 11:00 PM   #127
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

I fucking haaaaaaaaaaate Dawn. I hate her attitude. I hate her chin. I hate her whining. I hate her instability. I hate her toothless mouth. I hate her hypocrisy. I hate her eyes. I hate her immaturity. I hate her crying.

I seriously want to punch my TV every time she's on screen. She could be my least favorite Survivor ever. I thought her behavior after the reward challenge was disgusting. You're going to see your family in 4 days anyways, suck it up. If she makes it to the final 3 I hope the jury tears her a new asshole.

Man that was a rough outing for Brenda, felt bad for her. Truth be told I probably would have voted her out too, she was a definite threat to win the game. She's just so good looking too. Nom nom nom.

If Eric, Eddie and Sherri are smart, they form an alliance. This will not happen though, as being smart is part of the process.

Looking forward to the finale. I was thinking that Cochrane could pull it off, but now I'm thinking that he might be seen as the evil overlord that everyone (wrongly) feels jilted by and that'll cost him some votes.

All I know is that if Dawn wins I will kidnap Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett and make them do unspeakable things.
Old May 10 2013, 04:01 AM   #128
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Yoda wrote: View Post
Is Eddie the biggest nothing to ever play this game? Whoever cast him should be fired.
The entire Thailand cast.

I would feel worse for Brenda if she wasn't already plotting against Cochran, and if it wasn't a good idea.

Still heavily rooting for Cochran, but I actually think Erik is playing an incredible game. His strategy is simple: Be the swing vote all the time, and make the obviously smart choice.

Dawn's strategy is also simple: Whatever anyone confides in her, go straight to Cochran and do what he says.

And I think Cochran can win votes so long as he goes to the questions as a Rob and not a Russell. Russell didn't lose his votes because he betrayed people, he lost them because he was a dick to everyone all the time and had a constant air of superiority and entitlement. Rob was just as treacherous, only he was friendly to people and used his questions to make the jury feel good about themselves and feel in control.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 06:42 PM   #129
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Yoda wrote: View Post
Is Eddie the biggest nothing to ever play this game? Whoever cast him should be fired.
The entire Thailand cast.

I would feel worse for Brenda if she wasn't already plotting against Cochran, and if it wasn't a good idea.

Still heavily rooting for Cochran, but I actually think Erik is playing an incredible game. His strategy is simple: Be the swing vote all the time, and make the obviously smart choice.

Dawn's strategy is also simple: Whatever anyone confides in her, go straight to Cochran and do what he says.

And I think Cochran can win votes so long as he goes to the questions as a Rob and not a Russell. Russell didn't lose his votes because he betrayed people, he lost them because he was a dick to everyone all the time and had a constant air of superiority and entitlement. Rob was just as treacherous, only he was friendly to people and used his questions to make the jury feel good about themselves and feel in control.
Good points about the final tribal council and jury questions. I think that Cochran has a very good shot at winning because he is a good speaker. I mean, just look at what he says during tribal councils. Jeff has been asking much more probing questions lately, and a lot of survivors make the mistake of revealing too much or too little with their answers. Cochran is always extremely diplomatic in his responses, taking the focus off of himself and onto the game in general. He is able to generalize it in a way that makes everyone, even enemies, agree and nod their heads in approval. That takes skill, and I think it will serve him well in the final tribal council, along with the fact that he takes personal emotions out of it and is not condescending.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2013, 07:36 PM   #130
Roger Wilco
Admiral

And he's clearly quite likable in general, maybe even charismatic in a quirky way, certainly an interesting on-screen persona.
Old May 11 2013, 01:27 AM   #131
Snaploud
Admiral

Cochran isn't always that strategic with his words. He often steps into the role of impartial commentator even if it gets himself into trouble. You'll note that Brenda talked about getting rid of Cochran right after a tribal council in which Cochran admitted that he had lied to people about his final three plans.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2013, 10:01 AM   #132
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Garak wrote: View Post
I fucking haaaaaaaaaaate Dawn. I hate her attitude. I hate her chin. I hate her whining. I hate her instability. I hate her toothless mouth. I hate her hypocrisy. I hate her eyes. I hate her immaturity. I hate her crying.
Man, I'm right there with you. I think I loathe Dawn almost as much as Russel Hantz. If she comes back again, and I hope she never does, it should only be as one of the villains in another Heroes vs Villains season.

I don't blame any of the other players for getting rid of Brenda (though I would have stuck with the alliance for one more tribal and taken out Eddie first and then dragged Sherri along as the useless player no one will vote for instead), and she was plotting against Cochrane, so that's fair game. But for Dawn to do it after everything Brenda's done for her, and without any hesitation or even shedding a fucking tear after she's bawled like a newborn every day over the most insignificant crap imaginable? I can't stand her, I can't stand her shitty personality, and I can't stand the way she's played the game.

After seeing Brenda's performance in previous challenges, I totally believe her when she said she threw that last immunity challenge so paranoid Dawn could feel good and safe. I don't think Brenda was pulling a Phillip there. If so, Brenda shouldn't have done it, but she felt pretty well assured that Eddie was going first. She also should have won the reward challenge, because it's a Catch 22. If you give away the reward to the others, they'll consider you a threat because you're too well liked. If you keep it for yourself, they'll resent you. That's why Cochrane was smart enough to not even try to win.

Dawn played up the Eddie leaving first thing and then whined about never winning in order to get her friend Brenda to throw the challenge. Dawn threw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child because of the BBQ with the loved ones, which must have made Brenda feel like crap sitting there, but Brenda still comforted her. Brenda found her stupid teeth when that baby was ready to walk away from a million dollars without even trying to look for them herself. Brenda comforted her countless times. Brenda picked her to go on the BBQ with the loved ones until the evil Survivor change-up (which they should have known was coming) happened. Then Dawn had that stupid grin at tribal and went on and on about how they'd never get rid of Brenda after what she did. After the vote she didn't show any emotion or say "sorry" or anything. I think she's completely selfish and manipulative, and not just in terms of the game. It's no surprise that Brenda still won't speak to her now that they're back home.

Anyway, Brenda made some big mistakes in the end after playing a good low-key game the rest of the season, but I still felt bad for her. I understand why the others voted her off though, because she was a likeable person who was good at challenges, I just think Dawn should have stood up for her a bit or at least expressed some emotion like she's done every other minute of the show.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2013, 03:11 AM   #133
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

WOOHOO!
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2013, 04:59 AM   #134
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

that ending was so satisfying
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2013, 08:13 AM   #135
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Nice. Cochran is undoubtedly one of the more deserving winners of Survivor, he was very clever in his final tribal too, like with the answer to Malcolm's question (although he surely had his vote in the bag in any case).

I was baffled that Dawn, Eddie and Sherri apparently didn't consider him much of a threat for the final, he most likely would have got there even without winning the final immunity. Total miscalculation on their part, not that they could have done anything about it even if they had seen things differently, as it turned out.