Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 7 2013, 03:06 AM   #2506
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Superior is currently better than the entire 90's runs of all the Spider books. Not saying it cant crumble but right now very strong.
I love the Simonson art on Hulk but felt the last issues story was less than the previous few.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 03:15 AM   #2507
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Hulk brings past Thor into the present who meet past Original X-Men... Although, if Thor hasn't met Hulk yet, how likely is it that he's already had his first Mutant crossover?

But then Ragnorok/Clor over in Thunderbolts has just started tapping into Thor memories from the 1960s... Why would Tony use such an old genetic sample to make Clor?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 08:15 PM   #2508
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I was actually talking about The Clone Saga, with its mysterious all powerful characters who seem to exist only to be mysterious and just dissapear, its seeming inability to decide whether Peter Parker or Ben Riley was the clone, and its inability to decide who exactly was running the whole thing or just what the hell was going on.
If you've ever read "The Life of Reilly," you'll see that the writers were making it up as they went because Marvel wanted to keep the damn thing going, so the points where it was supposed to end kept getting pushed further back and further back and the endings they kept coming up with kept getting tossed aside.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2013, 08:25 PM   #2509
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

The Life of Rilley is one of the greatest things I've ever read on the 'net and well worth reading through.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 04:22 AM   #2510
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Oh can I take a minute to point out something, again.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
There is new speculation that the "Superior" announcement MAY have to do with Spider-Man now. Of course this is just sheer speculation. Dan Slott has been working on the plot of Amazing Spider-Man #700 recently and tweeted and posted on facebook that he's expecting/anticipating a lot of hate mail from the fandom for what he has planned. We've already been told that the issue will be a "game changer" and affect the entire Marvel Universe.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marv...ment-2013.html
Well I hope it isn't something lame like killing Peter Parker AGAIN.
I totally called it.

So anybody want me to make any other predictions? Because I've been kind of on a roll lately.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 10:16 PM   #2511
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Dan Slott interview talking about Superior #9 and once again doesn't elaborate too much regarding Miguel's upcoming appearing appearance and touches on Christos Gage co-writing the next arc with him.

http://www.newsarama.com/17743-dan-s...-9-plight.html

Old May 8 2013, 10:59 PM   #2512
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Dan Slott interview talking about Superior #9 and once again doesn't elaborate too much regarding Miguel's upcoming appearing appearance and touches on Christos Gage co-writing the next arc with him.

http://www.newsarama.com/17743-dan-s...-9-plight.html
I can only say this..

Meh.

Can Marvel please give all the rights back to Sony now?
Old May 9 2013, 12:01 AM   #2513
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Er, what? I don't understand your post at all, Hartzilla. Sony (via Columbia Pictures) is still producing Spider-Man movies. That hasn't changed. Sony never published Spider-Man comics. There's nothing to "give back" on either front.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 12:26 AM   #2514
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Er, what? I don't understand your post at all, Hartzilla. Sony (via Columbia Pictures) is still producing Spider-Man movies. That hasn't changed. Sony never published Spider-Man comics. There's nothing to "give back" on either front.
They also had the animation rights, hence why Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled when Marvel got those rights and we got the mediocre Ultimate Spider-Man as a replacement.

I want Sony to get to animation rights back because I have no faith in Marvel since what they're putting out with the character sucks with the possible exception of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic (I've haven't actually been reading it).
Old May 9 2013, 02:42 AM   #2515
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Ah, now I understand. Your earlier post was rather confusing, since it didn't specify what you were referring to. Thanks for clarifying.

In any event, Superior Spider-Man is now the only Marvel title I'm reading on a regular basis. Slott has me for the long haul.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 02:45 AM   #2516
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

They also had the animation rights, hence why Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled when Marvel got those rights and we got the mediocre Ultimate Spider-Man as a replacement.

I want Sony to get to animation rights back because I have no faith in Marvel since what they're putting out with the character sucks with the possible exception of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic (I've haven't actually been reading it).
You can blame Jeph Loeb for this.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 04:00 AM   #2517
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post

You can blame Jeph Loeb for this.
Can I blame Joe Quesada too?

Anyway now that I think about it another major problem I have is that the darker edgier moodier Peter Parker from The Amazing Spider-Man has gotten more character development and growth in 136 minutes almost a year ago than Doc Ock has had in 9 months (and by that I mean Ock has zero character development and growth at all as he is still the same egotistic asshat who thinks he's the greatest thing in the universe he was almost a year ago).
Old May 9 2013, 08:38 AM   #2518
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Avenging Spider-Man #20 was really good. Agent Coulson, and Agent Fury guest star as do Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Hulk. I think I might have stated this earlier in the thread but I really prefer Christopher Yost's characterization of Otto-Petter over Slott's. He writes him very subtly and not as over the top and in your face as Slott does. The art was pretty good in this issue as well.

Fearless Defenders #4: I was on the verge of dropping this book, but this issue changed my mind, at least for now as we got heavy plot development...and ended with a Heroes for Hire splash page I'll at least finish this opening arc.

Old May 9 2013, 09:35 AM   #2519
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Can I blame Joe Quesada too?
Of course he has gone on record as saying SSM was too complicated.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 03:20 PM   #2520
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Fearless Defenders #4: I was on the verge of dropping this book, but this issue changed my mind, at least for now as we got heavy plot development...and ended with a Heroes for Hire splash page I'll at least finish this opening arc.
I've also been getting Fearless Defenders and while I wasn't on the verge of dropping it do feel this issue excelled.
It looks like Dani has been granted her Asgardian powers again?
She went from one panel being in exhaustion, torn clothes from the encounter last issue to ... BAM .... all decked out in shieldmaiden regalia.

Curious who the hero she called was on that last page....
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote