Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 1 2013, 07:40 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

New IMAX Star Trek Into Darkness Poster

The second IMAX Star Trek into Darkness poster has just debuted. In this poster, The USS Enterprise is being chased by the USS Vengeance. The USS Vengeance, Dreadnought class, is being captained by John Harrison. This is probably an IMAX theater-only poster, and not another fan giveaway. Click on the thumbnail for a larger-sized image.

More...
TrekToday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 09:01 PM   #2
bryce
Commodore

View bryce's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to bryce
Re: New IMAX Star Trek Into Darkness Poster

TrekToday wrote: View Post
The second IMAX Star Trek into Darkness poster has just debuted. In this poster, The USS Enterprise is being chased by the USS Vengeance. The USS Vengeance, Dreadnought class, is being captained by John Harrison. This is probably an IMAX theater-only poster, and not another fan giveaway. Click on the thumbnail for a larger-sized image.

More...

Is the Vengeance really supposed to be THAT HUGE!? Seems a bit...excessive...to me, and I wonder if perhaps they did take a little artistic license with the ship sizes in that poster...?

[IMG]http://postimg.org/image/hxsb5s08l/[/IMG]

upload
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Mad Jack Wolfe
Lieutenant Commander

After seeing that, all I can hear is Graham Chapman howling "RUN AWAAAAAAY"
Old May 1 2013, 09:31 PM   #4
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

bryce wrote: View Post
TrekToday wrote: View Post

More...

Is the Vengeance really supposed to be THAT HUGE!? Seems a bit...excessive...to me, and I wonder if perhaps they did take a little artistic license with the ship sizes in that poster...?
They did. In the movie, according to dialogue and FX, it's "only" twice the size of the Enterprise.

Old May 1 2013, 10:44 PM   #5
TheCutestofBorg
Lieutenant Junior Grade

In my opinion the size of this Vengence ship is the size the Enterprise should be anyway. The size the actual enterprise is is not much bigger than 2-3 space shuttles. The interior volume must be something like a 2 story office building...
TheCutestofBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2013, 02:01 AM   #6
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

TheCutestofBorg wrote: View Post
In my opinion the size of this Vengence ship is the size the Enterprise should be anyway. The size the actual enterprise is is not much bigger than 2-3 space shuttles. The interior volume must be something like a 2 story office building...
For the sake of organization, discussions concerning the sizes of starships will now be conducted in the convenient new Starship Size Argument™ thread, so that it doesn't keep erupting in so many threads not necessarily about that argument.

Thank you,
That buzzkill moderator
Old May 2 2013, 05:54 AM   #7
indranee
Vice Admiral

holy f.. shit!!
indranee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2013, 08:32 PM   #8
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

That poster does seem a bit exaggerated. Clearly a marketing scheme to artificially create pre-movie drama, showing our heroes about to be squashed by a ship the size of V'Ger. I guess this shows the Vengeance's "balls" in the front of the secondary hull to be massive torpedo launch arrays.
Old May 8 2013, 06:33 AM   #9
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan

Yeah, it's good. I like it. However I havnt taken it as gospel that the size comparisons are not worth fighting about, this is done to sell tickets.

Average joe audience will see 'massive ship chases not so massive ship firing lasers.'

I have a collection of IMAX 12:01 posters and its a shame they won't be making them any more, they're changing over to a new format/style.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-into...s-imax-poster/

Shame be because I love the dimensions and art work for them, I hope the new ones are as good when they are out.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote