Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 7 2013, 03:20 AM   #1411
Obiwansolo18
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

Caligula wrote: View Post
Worf2DS9 wrote: View Post
Since the blu-ray release, I must admit I've warmed to The Hobbit a bit more than when I saw it at the theater, which left me disappointed. Somehow the movie doesn't seem as long now in the home environment.
This has been my experience, as well. While it may be the shortest of the four existing films, it felt like the longest when I saw it theatrically. Overall, I was underwhelmed. Not so when viewed in the comforts of my own home.
The first time I saw it in theaters I thought it was a little long too. After going to see it a second time movie felt passed perfectly, I have nonidea why first watch feels tedious and recurring watches after seem shorter. I dont care though waiting on directors cut.
Obiwansolo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 02:39 AM   #1412
Gojira
Commodore

Obiwansolo18 wrote: View Post
The first time I saw it in theaters I thought it was a little long too. After going to see it a second time movie felt passed perfectly, I have nonidea why first watch feels tedious and recurring watches after seem shorter. I dont care though waiting on directors cut.
My first viewing dragged a bit too. Subsequent viewings have been fine.
Old May 8 2013, 03:24 AM   #1413
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile

Ultimately, An Unexpected Journey was a good, IMHO very good movie - but it wasn't exceptional in the way Fellowship of the Ring was. Not only does it have some flaws (Azog, cartoonish action, and for some viewers pacing), its subject matter is "smaller" and less epic. Still, for the kind of film it sets out to be - a fun adventure as well as an introduction to Middle Earth, its cultures and its overriding conflicts - it is quite the success.

Bring on the Desolation of Smaug!
Old May 8 2013, 03:37 AM   #1414
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

When are we getting a damn teaser trailer?
Old May 8 2013, 03:41 AM   #1415
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Probably with Man of Steel.
Old May 8 2013, 03:52 AM   #1416
Skywalker
Admiral

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Probably with Man of Steel.
That'd be my guess, too.

I wonder if they're still going to continue with the production diaries for the next two films.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 10:26 AM   #1417
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Entertainment Weekly has released an image of Evangeline Lilly as the elf Taurial, a character created for the movie:

“Tauriel is the head of the Elven Guard,” Lilly explains. “She’s a Sylvan Elf, which means she’s of a much lower order than the elves we all became acquainted with in The Lord of the Rings. She doesn’t hold the same kind of status that Arwen or Galadriel or Elrond or Legolas do — she’s much more lowly. She sort of goes against the social order of the elves a little bit.”

Tauriel isn’t only a fierce warrior; she has a softer side, too. “She will definitely have a love story,” Lilly says. “I can’t give away too much about it. It’s not a huge focus but it is there and it is important and it does drive Tauriel and her story and her actions.” Will that romance involve Orlando Bloom’s Legolas, by any chance? Lilly won’t say definitively one way or the other, but she does offer this much: “Tauriel’s relationship with Legolas is significant. They’ve known each other since they were children, and Legolas’ dad, [Elven king] Thranduil, has a soft spot for Tauriel and sees something very special in her. So if you grow up side by side, and your dad has a very special spot in his heart for this young woman who’s a fantastic warrior, I think it’s hard not to notice her.” She laughs. “That’s probably as much as I can say.”
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 11:26 AM   #1418
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

Still waiting till all 3 are in the bargain bucket.
Old June 6 2013, 07:05 PM   #1419
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Entertainment Weekly has released an image of Evangeline Lilly as the elf Taurial, a character created for the movie:

“Tauriel is the head of the Elven Guard,” Lilly explains. “She’s a Sylvan Elf, which means she’s of a much lower order than the elves we all became acquainted with in The Lord of the Rings. She doesn’t hold the same kind of status that Arwen or Galadriel or Elrond or Legolas do — she’s much more lowly. She sort of goes against the social order of the elves a little bit.”

Tauriel isn’t only a fierce warrior; she has a softer side, too. “She will definitely have a love story,” Lilly says. “I can’t give away too much about it. It’s not a huge focus but it is there and it is important and it does drive Tauriel and her story and her actions.” Will that romance involve Orlando Bloom’s Legolas, by any chance? Lilly won’t say definitively one way or the other, but she does offer this much: “Tauriel’s relationship with Legolas is significant. They’ve known each other since they were children, and Legolas’ dad, [Elven king] Thranduil, has a soft spot for Tauriel and sees something very special in her. So if you grow up side by side, and your dad has a very special spot in his heart for this young woman who’s a fantastic warrior, I think it’s hard not to notice her.” She laughs. “That’s probably as much as I can say.”
I'm going to spend 100 bucks to charity if Legolas comes up to Tauriel and says "Hey, freckles."
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 07:08 PM   #1420
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

I liked the first hobbit movie, even though it had some definate flaws, but I'm beyond annoyed at all these additions. There is a reason they've done them, because the book can not support 3 films. They should have just done one film, or maybe two, and cut out all of this added junk. The orc king/leader was generic and pointless in the first one, and they don't need to go adding even more stuff. Just tell the damn story, it was a great story as it was. They've screwed up by trying to milk it over three movies. I still think, when its all done, I'll look ath The Hobbit movies positively, but it could have been better if they'd just stuck to the book.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 07:19 PM   #1421
RoJoHen
Awesome

She kinda looks like Link from the Zelda games.
Old June 6 2013, 07:47 PM   #1422
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Hot badass elf chicks, PJ? Well, if you insist...
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 02:59 AM   #1423
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

The first teaser poster for The Desolation of Smaug have been revealed:

Click here for large size, via Collider.

And the first trailer will be online Tuesday.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2013, 04:26 AM   #1424
JD
Admiral

As a huge a huge fan of Lilly from Lost, I'm really looking forward to seeing in this. I really enjoyed An Unexpected Journey, so I'm not longer worried about the stuff not in the books.
Old June 10 2013, 08:03 AM   #1425
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

She looks hot...as always.