RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,717
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 899
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 5 2013, 01:11 PM   #91
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Re: Orphan Black kept my Attention.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Are they inuniverse in Toronto or pretending Toronto is a US city?
I think they're pretending it's a US city. I believe Kisema is attending college in Minnesota and they all seem to live within a short drive of each other. The other thing that makes me think that is the fake police shoulder patches. It's got a couple of symbols from the US Department of Justice in the center, as if someone said, "See? It's an American police force, cause it's got American stuff in it!"

-Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 01:30 PM   #92
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Even though it's being made with British Money.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 06:57 PM   #93
Jaron
Captain

If Mat Frewer is behind everything, then the clones are converging is by his design, which means that Mrs S is, or was Sarah's monitor, because it was she who decided to move the family to... Are they inuniverse in Toronto or pretending Toronto is a US city?
They're not drawing much attention to it, but I think they're in Toronto. Felix keeps complaining about going to Scarborough whenever he winds up at Allison's place.

Cosima's in Minnesota; she was only in town to pick up the briefcase.
Jaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 09:33 PM   #94
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I liked this last one---the mixing of Alison and Sarah's lives. I'm assuming that Kasima is allowing her monitor to get close on purpose.

Quick check: Oh. Wiki has the character's name as "Cosima;" never would have thought of that spelling.

Yeah, Vic is a total scumbag but I couldn't help feel sorry for him now that both his hands are messed up. OUCH. And couldn't help but feel a little bit sorry for the husband while Alison tortured him with her crafting supplies---but he did kind of deserve it and it was kind of a funny in a sick way.
Old May 5 2013, 09:35 PM   #95
Aldo
Admiral

What if the husband is still her monitor and he's just really good at withstanding torture. That's what was going through my head all throughout the episode last night. I don't trust him yet.
Old May 5 2013, 10:45 PM   #96
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^Then he's in it for the long haul, considering they went to high school together.
Old May 5 2013, 11:04 PM   #97
Mister Fandango
Captain

Aldo wrote: View Post
What if the husband is still her monitor and he's just really good at withstanding torture. That's what was going through my head all throughout the episode last night. I don't trust him yet.
Considering we saw him in full espionage mode burning the files in the middle of nowhere (rather than just ditching them in the trash somewhere away from home) while talking all spy-like on a phone... yeah... They even showed it in the recap.

I'm also pretty sure Sarah isn't a clone but the genetic donor (hence being able to have a child), which is why she likely doesn't have a monitor at all. They apparently just want to monitor the way the clones behave in the real world. Like whatshisface basically said, "as long as they're making their own decisions, there's no wrong choice."

Though I do believe Mrs. S. knows about her being in the experiment. Or at least suspects something, which is why she brought her to the New World. Especially now that we know the European clones were being exterminated.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 11:26 PM   #98
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Why would they pick a no one to be the doner?

It's probably a way cool historical figure?

Joan of Arc?

Mary of Nazareth?

Tzarina Anastasia?

Dr Quinn Medicine Woman?

Old May 5 2013, 11:27 PM   #99
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Jaron wrote: View Post
If Mat Frewer is behind everything, then the clones are converging is by his design, which means that Mrs S is, or was Sarah's monitor, because it was she who decided to move the family to... Are they inuniverse in Toronto or pretending Toronto is a US city?
They're not drawing much attention to it, but I think they're in Toronto. Felix keeps complaining about going to Scarborough whenever he winds up at Allison's place.

Cosima's in Minnesota; she was only in town to pick up the briefcase.

There could be a town in Minnesota named Scarborough. It's a state.

There's an easy way to know for sure. What bills was Sarah issued when she cleaned out the account? Likelihood says: Canadian Dollars means Toronto, American Dollars means fake American City.

-Godzilla, King Of The Monsters
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 12:42 AM   #100
Jaron
Captain

Admiral2 wrote: View Post
There's an easy way to know for sure. What bills was Sarah issued when she cleaned out the account? Likelihood says: Canadian Dollars means Toronto, American Dollars means fake American City.
The Wikipedia page says Canadian dollars, and lists a couple of other hints the show is set in Toronto.
Jaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 03:18 AM   #101
Mister Fandango
Captain

Why would they pick a no one to be the doner?
They probably did tests on a large number of orphans (that no one would miss if things went awry, hence why they'd pick one), and Sarah just happened to meet all the prerequisites they had for a donor.

It's the fact that she had a kid of her own and none of the other North American clones had any idea she existed that's the big indicator. Crazy psycho chick also seems to think there's an original donor.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 03:51 AM   #102
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I think crazy german thinks she is the original.
Old May 6 2013, 05:31 AM   #103
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I thought Helena was Russian. The German was the one she shot in the car. Could be wrong, though.
Old May 6 2013, 05:51 AM   #104
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I bow to your superior wisdom.

Old May 6 2013, 05:15 PM   #105
sojourner
Vice Admiral

auntiehill wrote: View Post
I thought Helena was Russian. The German was the one she shot in the car. Could be wrong, though.

You may be right. Either way, I think that she thinks she's the original and the others are abominations of god.