RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,890
Posts: 5,330,132
Members: 24,555
Currently online: 493
Newest member: berlyn

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 17 2013, 12:23 PM   #46
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

For generations, penises the world over have been looking for a new hole to fuck into.

Banshee delivers.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 07:48 PM   #47
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral
 
Mutenroshi's Avatar
 
Location: Mutenroshi
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

The dead sheriff agrees!
__________________
Let There Be Rock!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2013, 07:51 PM   #48
lennier1
Commodore
 
lennier1's Avatar
 
Location: Germany
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Well, they've already confirmed the order for another ten episodes to be aired next year and they definitely deserve that second season.
__________________
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 12:13 PM   #49
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

lennier1 wrote: View Post
Well, they've already confirmed the order for another ten episodes to be aired next year and they definitely deserve that second season.
Just finished the show myself, that Cinemax Go app is great as my dvr ate the last four eps I had waiting to watch.

I so can't wait till the next season. You are totally right about the show deserving another season. Team Hood is an eclectic bunch, I must say.
__________________
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right. - Anonymous.
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 07:19 PM   #50
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

I'm currently 7 episodes (of 10) into this show. And I can say it is pure AWESOME!! Love it!

How popular or well known is it in the US? As the only reason I've even heard of it is because I saw this thread a few months ago. It's shown on Sky Atlantic here in the UK, but I missed the first few eps so didn't catch, and plus I barely saw it advertised anywhere. Anyway I randomly watched the first episode online a couple of days ago, and since then have been using all my free time to watch the others. Ep 6 with the albino, haha jesus christ.

It's easily become my new favourite show, sorry Game of Thrones. Definitely recommending this to everyone I know.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 08:53 PM   #51
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral
 
Mutenroshi's Avatar
 
Location: Mutenroshi
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

The albino guy is the cybernetically enhanced crew member on Star Trek Into Darkness.
__________________
Let There Be Rock!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 09:47 PM   #52
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Ethros wrote: View Post
I'm currently 7 episodes (of 10) into this show. And I can say it is pure AWESOME!! Love it!

How popular or well known is it in the US? As the only reason I've even heard of it is because I saw this thread a few months ago. It's shown on Sky Atlantic here in the UK, but I missed the first few eps so didn't catch, and plus I barely saw it advertised anywhere. Anyway I randomly watched the first episode online a couple of days ago, and since then have been using all my free time to watch the others. Ep 6 with the albino, haha jesus christ.

It's easily become my new favourite show, sorry Game of Thrones. Definitely recommending this to everyone I know.
Banshee is experimental original programming from a select soft core porn subscriber channel called Cinemax (in cooperation with HBO as the junior partner, thus the thread header.). Cinemax is an unusual place to find "Soprano's" level ultradrama. So, yeah, it was very well hidden. Banshee doesn't work on the same sales model as Network television, or is it after the same goals since Cinemax does not have advertisering and their cable boxes pass on one hundred percent acurate viewing data.

Banshee has been renewed for a second season.

If in England, some suit was to try and advertise Banshee propperly to garner populataruty, try to imagine the backlash from whoever the moden day Mary Whitehouse is. The series would be villified and pulled for the line up quickly becuase it's too gratuitously brutal.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2013, 10:23 PM   #53
yousirname
Commander
 
yousirname's Avatar
 
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

The first season was some of the most amazingly ironically enjoyable stuff in years. I mean, it's literally about a criminal who solves crimes in his spare time. Genius. So glad to hear it's been renewed.
yousirname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 12:45 PM   #54
Pingfah
Admiral
 
Pingfah's Avatar
 
Location: Cornwall, UK
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

If in England, some suit was to try and advertise Banshee propperly to garner populataruty, try to imagine the backlash from whoever the moden day Mary Whitehouse is. The series would be villified and pulled for the line up quickly becuase it's too gratuitously brutal.
By a few people who would be ignored, perhaps. It could be aired on prime-time network TV over here.

Probably won't because it wouldn't be popular enough, but that level of violence and nudity is not uncommon on network TV here.
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 01:04 PM   #55
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

You don't remember Mary Whitehouse cancelling Doctor Who for it's ultraviolence and unchecked sex?

But she's dead, and this is the future.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2013, 08:44 PM   #56
cylkoth
Commodore
 
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Ethros wrote: View Post
I'm currently 7 episodes (of 10) into this show. And I can say it is pure AWESOME!! Love it!

How popular or well known is it in the US? As the only reason I've even heard of it is because I saw this thread a few months ago. It's shown on Sky Atlantic here in the UK, but I missed the first few eps so didn't catch, and plus I barely saw it advertised anywhere. Anyway I randomly watched the first episode online a couple of days ago, and since then have been using all my free time to watch the others. Ep 6 with the albino, haha jesus christ.

It's easily become my new favourite show, sorry Game of Thrones. Definitely recommending this to everyone I know.
Banshee is experimental original programming from a select soft core porn subscriber channel called Cinemax (in cooperation with HBO as the junior partner, thus the thread header.). Cinemax is an unusual place to find "Soprano's" level ultradrama. So, yeah, it was very well hidden. Banshee doesn't work on the same sales model as Network television, or is it after the same goals since Cinemax does not have advertisering and their cable boxes pass on one hundred percent acurate viewing data.

Banshee has been renewed for a second season.
Note, HBO owns Cinemax. And while MAX is playfully chided for it's late night soft core porn movies over the last couple of decades, I really wouldn't label the entire channel that way. It's another pay tv network, showing theatricals for most of it's schedule. This recent push into original shows, following big brother HBO, has given us the Sky (Britain) co-production Strike Back and Hunted.
__________________
Have spacesuit...will travel.
cylkoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2013, 10:21 PM   #57
Ethros
Vice Admiral
 
Ethros's Avatar
 
Location: 1123 6536 5321
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Just wondered, did we ever actually find out the main character's real name? "Lucas Hood" is the identity he stole, the name of the sheriff, but what's the guys his actual name?
Doesn't say on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_%28TV_series%29


Finished s1 anyway, great stuff. Interesting development at the end for "Lucas" is s2. I wonder how long they can really stretch it out, as let's I can't see him just getting away with pretending to be a sheriff for say seven seasons, it's fairly 'take with a pinch of salt' believability as it is.
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 11:16 PM   #58
3chordboy
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: West Yorkshire, GOC, UK
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
The albino guy is the cybernetically enhanced crew member on Star Trek Into Darkness.
aaah, of course. thank you, it's been bugging me for a while now!
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2013, 11:19 PM   #59
3chordboy
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: West Yorkshire, GOC, UK
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

Ethros wrote: View Post
Just wondered, did we ever actually find out the main character's real name? "Lucas Hood" is the identity he stole, the name of the sheriff, but what's the guys his actual name?
it hasn't been stated during the first ten episodes and I haven't been able to find anything mentioned online.
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2013, 12:43 PM   #60
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral
 
Mutenroshi's Avatar
 
Location: Mutenroshi
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: Banshee is hard, even for HBO.

I think it's a conscious choice on the producer's part. I was lead to believe that Rabbit was a nickname when it turned out it was really the bad guy's name.
__________________
Let There Be Rock!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.