RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,782
Posts: 5,217,350
Members: 24,217
Currently online: 715
Newest member: davestar057

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 4 2013, 06:02 PM   #31
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

So far, there's NOTHING good that came out of Nero's and Spock's time travel fuck up. All there is is death, misery and darkness, and ALL of that is linked to Nero and Spock.

Logic dictates the third film should be about Old Spock pushing the reset button.
__________________
lol
l
/\

Last edited by JarodRussell; May 5 2013 at 12:00 PM.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 06:28 PM   #32
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
I think the villain in the next film should be someone who, every time Kirk talks to him, immediately tries to shut down the discussion with a one-word response that he thinks is witty, but really isn't. After they cut communications, everyone on the bridge looks at one another and says "Jeez. What a dick!" Kinda like a spin on the Harrison thing, you know.
That's trolling. So warned.
__________________
"If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank and that settles it. I mean it does nowadays, because we can't burn him."
— Mark Twain, from Following the Equator
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 06:31 PM   #33
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

Melakon wrote: View Post
I'd rather see the rise and fall of Garth of Izar before he was institutionalized. Or to really go off the wall, we learn tribbles are voracious carnivores.
I'd like to see absolutely nothing bad happen to Garth in this timeline. Perhaps all, or many, of those 'evil Captains' won't be evil this time around? Spock Prime could have helped warn them of what was to come.

I also hope they don't do the Borg in STXIII. I hope they come up with something new. Perhaps there could be a film without antagonists? Such as a natural disaster or other thing like that. A film without villains? I'd watch it.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 06:47 PM   #34
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
I think the villain in the next film should be someone who, every time Kirk talks to him, immediately tries to shut down the discussion with a one-word response that he thinks is witty, but really isn't. After they cut communications, everyone on the bridge looks at one another and says "Jeez. What a dick!" Kinda like a spin on the Harrison thing, you know.
That's trolling. So warned.
What do you do if that actually happens in the next film?
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 08:27 PM   #35
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
WarpFactorZ wrote: View Post
I think the villain in the next film should be someone who, every time Kirk talks to him, immediately tries to shut down the discussion with a one-word response that he thinks is witty, but really isn't. After they cut communications, everyone on the bridge looks at one another and says "Jeez. What a dick!" Kinda like a spin on the Harrison thing, you know.
That's trolling. So warned.
What do you do if that actually happens in the next film?
Comments to PM.

__________________
"If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank and that settles it. I mean it does nowadays, because we can't burn him."
— Mark Twain, from Following the Equator
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 04:23 AM   #36
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain
 
Kruezerman's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
So far, there's NOTHING good that came out of Nero's and Spock's time travel fuck up. All there is is death, mysery and darkness, and ALL of that is linked to Nero and Spock.

Logic dictates the third film should be about Old Spock pushing the reset button.
Your logic is... failing.

Since when is mystery in a film bad? Or doubt among the characters therefor creating deeper, fuller people for the audiences to more identify with.

Trek XI was a financial and critical success, therefor logic dictates that they continue on this course. Unless, of course, you can prove that what you say is, at minimum, not simply about your own personal preference.
__________________
The self proclaimed Angry Mexican man of TNZ. You're welcome.
Kruezerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 12:01 PM   #37
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
So far, there's NOTHING good that came out of Nero's and Spock's time travel fuck up. All there is is death, mysery and darkness, and ALL of that is linked to Nero and Spock.

Logic dictates the third film should be about Old Spock pushing the reset button.
Your logic is... failing.

Since when is mystery in a film bad? Or doubt among the characters therefor creating deeper, fuller people for the audiences to more identify with.

Trek XI was a financial and critical success, therefor logic dictates that they continue on this course. Unless, of course, you can prove that what you say is, at minimum, not simply about your own personal preference.
Misery it is, not mysery, whoopsy.
__________________
lol
l
/\
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 12:43 PM   #38
Shaka Zulu
Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

I'd like to see adaptations of the following Star Trek novels (from both Bantam and Pocket);

The Galactic Whirlpool

Crisis on Centaurus

The Abode Of Life

The Covenant of the Crown

The Prometheus Design

The Klingon Gambit

The Tears of the Singers

The Wounded Sky

My Enemy, My Ally

The Entropy Effect

Memory Prime

The Final Reflection

The Romulan Way

StarMan wrote: View Post
YellowSubmarine wrote: View Post
Are the early bets already open? I put my money on the Dominion.
I love The Dominion, but I don't think introducing them in XIII would be feasible. There was considerable world building in evolving The Dominion into the popular antagonist they became. I'd love to see them reinterpreted on the small screen, but setting them up for the big screen strikes me as too cumbersome.

That's where I think The Borg have it over The Dominion. Their premise is pretty straight forward and wouldn't require any lengthy exposition. Another consideration is average Joe Blow will be more familiar with The Borg (star trek, cyborg robots, cubes) than The Dominion (???).

Whether they can devise a story they want to tell is another story. If a certain character in XII is still present in XIII, they might have something else planned. But, for the sake of argument, we'll say they're considering The Borg. What story would you tell? What changes would you make? Standard invasion plot? Enterprise infiltrates Borg space? Do The Borg come in peace as a seemingly more enlightened collective?

The more I think about it the more I think... No. probably not.
Why not the Borg or the Dominion? In fact, why not both at the same time?

Last edited by Shaka Zulu; May 5 2013 at 01:01 PM.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 02:45 PM   #39
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain
 
Kruezerman's Avatar
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Kruezerman wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
So far, there's NOTHING good that came out of Nero's and Spock's time travel fuck up. All there is is death, mysery and darkness, and ALL of that is linked to Nero and Spock.

Logic dictates the third film should be about Old Spock pushing the reset button.
Your logic is... failing.

Since when is mystery in a film bad? Or doubt among the characters therefor creating deeper, fuller people for the audiences to more identify with.

Trek XI was a financial and critical success, therefor logic dictates that they continue on this course. Unless, of course, you can prove that what you say is, at minimum, not simply about your own personal preference.
Misery it is, not mysery, whoopsy.
Well either way, we haven't seen Into Darkness yet, at best we have an extremely choppy synopsis on the spoiler thread. So we don't know how it's going to end, how it's going to play out, how "miserable" it's going to be.

A lot of films are about that conflict that sets up the entire film as pure misery, only to end with a happy resolution or something like that.
__________________
The self proclaimed Angry Mexican man of TNZ. You're welcome.
Kruezerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 02:49 PM   #40
marksound
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Planet Carcazed
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

Nope, it will be Spock's Brain.

And it will be glorious!
marksound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 04:11 PM   #41
MarsWeeps
Commander
 
MarsWeeps's Avatar
 
Location: Outside of Space/Time
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
No. It won't be Gary Mitchell.
He will be called Ringo McCartney...for at least the first half of the film.
MarsWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 12:44 AM   #42
mattman8907
Lieutenant Commander
 
mattman8907's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

I'm at a crossroads between them wrapping up the trilogy with the way they started the first one with a Kirk sacrificing himself for his wife and son to live. it would come full circle. or them making a fourth one if the third one is successful.
mattman8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 10:22 AM   #43
TheSubCommander
Commander
 
TheSubCommander's Avatar
 
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

Here's my theory, based on this preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5ec_rPApKCA




And as far as this pic

Last edited by TheSubCommander; May 6 2013 at 03:33 PM.
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 10:52 AM   #44
Melakon
Rear Admiral
 
Melakon's Avatar
 
Location: Unmarked grave, Ekos
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

(edited since SubCommander now knows more than I do)
__________________
Curly: Moe, Larry, the cheese! Moe, Larry, the cheese! (Horses Collars, 1935)

Last edited by Melakon; May 6 2013 at 10:47 PM.
Melakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 11:22 AM   #45
TheSubCommander
Commander
 
TheSubCommander's Avatar
 
Re: Wonder if the third film will be Gary Mitchell.......

Oh man, I'm sorry! I am new here. At other forums I have been to, that is how you do it.

How does one post potential spoilers at this site?
TheSubCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.