Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old May 3 2013, 05:52 PM   #451
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

I just want someone to noclip through the ceiling and take some plan-view pics of the bridge deck. The Primaguides site has maps of most levels, but none of the bridge and corridors around.
Old May 3 2013, 07:05 PM   #452
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

It would be appreciated if there were to be mods for this game.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2013, 08:34 PM   #453
Steve Roby
Commodore

Played a bit more co-op on the Xbox today. Ended up glitched through several checkpoints on the Gorn planet with a power cell stuck to my feet. Couldn't shoot, jump, crouch, etc. We've had experiences like that on a fairly regular basis. Maybe the PC game is different, but the Xbox version is an unfinished mess.
Steve Roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 05:30 AM   #454
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Just wait, they'll find a way.
Old May 4 2013, 05:54 PM   #455
PopBoy
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PopBoy

I have a question (i like the game, its not fab, but its ok)...the question...how do you do a running jump over the chasm in the shuttlebay (currently at the Frontier Starbase).
PopBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 07:21 PM   #456
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Could someone explain something for me?
I haven't played it(Star Trek 2012 Game) - but watched the videos. And I noticed how everyone is talking about the "not-so-good"-graphics.
Then there is Star Trek Online. I haven't played it either - watched screenshots and videos - and I wonder how Trek Fans would accept the Star Trek Online graphics, but slander over Star Trek 2012.

So, how does this work? It sort of bugs me for some weeks. I would like to understand the thought process, because I played none of the games.
Lee Enfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 07:50 PM   #457
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Lee Enfield wrote: View Post
Then there is Star Trek Online. I haven't played it either - watched screenshots and videos - and I wonder how Trek Fans would accept the Star Trek Online graphics, but slander over Star Trek 2012.
Star Trek Online is three years old. The standards are lower.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 07:55 PM   #458
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

I haven't played it(Star Trek 2012 Game) - but watched the videos. And I noticed how everyone is talking about the "not-so-good"-graphics.

So, how does this work? It sort of bugs me for some weeks. I would like to understand the thought process, because I played none of the games.
Star trek online is not that hot in the graphics department either, its all DX9 stuff from way back 2009, but i dont think it would be much of a improvement to this new game, both games use old tech but STO is simply more polished and tweaked than this new game.

This new game just did the same thing Legacy did a few years ago, promised much and did not delivery, although in this case they simply got greedy and tried to sell a game well past its value, this game would have faired better overal if they had simply sold it at a budget price of say £25, which is what the game it is, but going for that £40 full retail price has backfired on them somewhat.

Shame really, bugs can be patched and fixed at a later date, but if you dont sell enough copies the publisher is not going to spend money on patches, so they sort of shot themselves in the foot with this one.

What i would not give to have the Trek gaming franchise producing the quailty stuff it was making during the mid 90s.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 08:31 PM   #459
PopBoy
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PopBoy

Sorry to ask again, how do you do big jumps. Still can't get past the chasm in the shuttlebay.
PopBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 09:14 PM   #460
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post

Star trek online is not that hot in the graphics department either, its all DX9 stuff from way back 2009, but i dont think it would be much of a improvement to this new game, both games use old tech but STO is simply more polished and tweaked than this new game.
Age aside, I thought STO looked weak because it's an MMO, and massively multiplayer games had to deal with tons of players and stuff going on at the same time, far more than a single or two player game does. Hence, less visual detail.
Old May 4 2013, 09:35 PM   #461
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

PopBoy wrote: View Post
Sorry to ask again, how do you do big jumps. Still can't get past the chasm in the shuttlebay.
Push in and hold down the left thumbstick while running forward then jump.
Old May 4 2013, 10:23 PM   #462
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post

This new game just did the same thing Legacy did a few years ago, promised much and did not delivery, although in this case they simply got greedy and tried to sell a game well past its value, this game would have faired better overal if they had simply sold it at a budget price of say £25, which is what the game it is, but going for that £40 full retail price has backfired on them somewhat.

Shame really, bugs can be patched and fixed at a later date, but if you dont sell enough copies the publisher is not going to spend money on patches, so they sort of shot themselves in the foot with this one.

What i would not give to have the Trek gaming franchise producing the quailty stuff it was making during the mid 90s.
Thank you very much!

King Daniel wrote:
Age aside, I thought STO looked weak because it's an MMO, and massively multiplayer games had to deal with tons of players and stuff going on at the same time, far more than a single or two player game does. Hence, less visual detail.
Thanks, but does that mean you reject(?) the STO graphics, despite the knowledge of higher performance cost?
Old May 4 2013, 10:25 PM   #463
Steve Roby
Commodore

Try, keep trying, then try some more. We weren't even sure it was possible. We got hung up on the door with the missing power cell, assuming something in there would make the chasm easier to get over, but the game was glitching and wouldn't let us install the power cell. Finally my wife tried it solo and sent AI Spock over to where he was supposed to be, and he just hopped across. Eventually we managed to make the jump. (Yes, we were doing running jumps all along.)
Steve Roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 10:40 PM   #464
F. King Daniel
Admiral

King Daniel wrote:
Thanks, but does that mean you reject(?) the STO graphics, despite the knowledge of higher performance cost?
No, not at all. Perhaps I chose my words poorly. STO's visuals are fine, and roughly equal to it's contemporaries. ST: TVG's, on the other hand, are a bit lacking compared to many similar games.
Old May 4 2013, 11:06 PM   #465
Lee Enfield
Lieutenant

Ah, now I see. Thanks!