Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 25 2013, 10:43 PM   #106
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Survivor 26: Fans vs Favorites Discussion

My favorites are the people who bid a few bucks here and there but by and large just want to keep the money... as if getting out of there with $450 is some huge financial win.
Old April 26 2013, 02:24 AM   #107
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Sherri is starting to get downright hilarious.

"I'm the one really controlling this game!"

I'm full out rooting for Cochran now because he's the only one who showed up and has any idea how to play Survivor. Maybe Andrea, Matt & Mike, but everyone else this season is hilariously bad at the game. I loved Malcolm's sales pitch to Sherri: "Wouldn't it be SO COOL if we let you come in fifth place?!"

I guess Matt & Mike probably would have done really well if they weren't on the pathetic tribe.
JirinPanthosa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 04:35 AM   #108
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post

I loved Malcolm's sales pitch to Sherri: "Wouldn't it be SO COOL if we let you come in fifth place?!"
That was hilarious. "You'd get AT LEAST 5th," as if that's something to get excited about.

I've loved Cochran since his last season. There were a lot of viewers that didn't like him that time around for some reason, but he has been one of my favorite Survivors since then and I think he's gotten better this time around. I really hope he wins!
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 11:31 AM   #109
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Old April 26 2013, 03:20 PM   #110
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

I was right Malcolm says the worse thing about being eliminated was having to see Phillip

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/20...voted-out?lite
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 05:09 PM   #111
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
My favorites are the people who bid a few bucks here and there but by and large just want to keep the money... as if getting out of there with $450 is some huge financial win.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure even moving up one place in the final standings will earn you more than that. Did Eric even bid on anything?

I'm kinda bummed the Three Amigo alliance is toast- I think it would have been more interesting if they were able to shake things up. But when you constantlly rely on Eric to flip and offer little incentive to anyone else to flip, it's no surprise their plan didn't work. I thought Malcolm should have shared his clue with Reynold and Eddie after Andrea kept shadowing him. Better odds of finding it with three looking. Or they could have run some interference and pretended to look elsewhere.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 10:20 PM   #112
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

wissaboo wrote: View Post
I was right Malcolm says the worse thing about being eliminated was having to see Phillip

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/20...voted-out?lite
He even manages to be entertaining in a post-elimination interview, while also answering one of my main questions: Why didn't he just keep looking for the idol anyway despite Andrea being there? Apparently he had been looking, for hours, and was exhausted and bleeding and had decided to give up by the time Andrea got there.

His comment about Dawn's constant crying was hilarious.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2013, 06:04 PM   #113
Roger Wilco
Admiral

That was a very amusing second part of the episode.

My top three quotes:
Andrea: "I wanted Brenda out, now I talked to everybody and now she going"
Eddie: "I've been tricked and fooled and pretty much every other adjective before tribal councils but I feel a little different tonight. Andrea told me they are going to blindside Brenda and there's really no reason to lie to me. So for the first time I think I'm going to tribal council with an idea of who we're actually voting for"
Erik: "I'm actually in control of the game it feels like"

Also interesting that Andrea was voted out with only a relative majority, doesn't happen too often. I'm not sure splitting the vote made a whole lot of sense though; if Erik the Squinx had done someone weird, it could have completely messed up their plan. I'm not sure why they tell him anything.
Old May 3 2013, 04:20 AM   #114
Snaploud
Admiral

I've really enjoyed Cochran this season. Unfortunately, he's probably made himself too much of a target to win. His admitting to lying about his final three plans was probably the last straw.

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Andrea: "I wanted Brenda out, now I talked to everybody and now she going"
Eddie: "I've been tricked and fooled and pretty much every other adjective before tribal councils but I feel a little different tonight. Andrea told me they are going to blindside Brenda and there's really no reason to lie to me. So for the first time I think I'm going to tribal council with an idea of who we're actually voting for"

I also liked when Andrea talked about feeling bad for Brenda because she (Andrea) had experienced a blindside last time.

Also, Andrea's bit at the very end about how the blindside was going to make her even more paranoid back home...She completely missed the point. She became a target because of her paranoia. Oh well...
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2013, 04:28 AM   #115
Skywalker
Admiral

I still think this is Cochran's season to lose. Andrea was the only real gamer left besides him, except for maybe Brenda (who hasn't done much up until now). I had a feeling, based on the hyper-aggressive game Andrea was playing this time around (overcompensating a bit for her passive game in her first season), that she'd try to make a move too soon and get burned for it, and it looks like I was right.

Though she didn't win, I think Andrea did enough here to warrant a third appearance down the road. Maybe if they do another Heroes vs. Villains season; I can see her on the Villains tribe and Malcolm on the Heroes tribe.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2013, 11:51 PM   #116
JirinPanthosa
Commodore

Doesn't Andrea know that people who act paranoid get voted out? Remember Jamie from Guatemala? (Best cast non-all-star season IMO. I don't know why they never invited back Rafe, Amy, Danni, Brian. Any one of those would have been ten times better than Francesca. And I have no memory of Corinne from her first season either.)

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Andrea appear again if there's another Heroes vs Villians season, but Malcolm and Cochrane are the only ones who'd make good choices for the 'Only bring back two or three vets' seasons.

I don't know who's going to win now. I know it's not going to be Sherri. Anyone else I think has a very good shot. Eddie could win out the challenges then win the final vote because he's the only one left holding the loyalty and 'Physical competitor' cards, not to mention having at least two free votes. The other four cancel each other out in terms of jury hate.

Sherri said Shamar was her Philip. Then she said Philip was her new Shamar. What she doesn't realize is that she is everyone's Philip. She's a lock for third place.

In fact I'm going to go ahead and predict Dawn/Brenda/Sherri for final three.

Last edited by JirinPanthosa; May 4 2013 at 12:01 AM.
JirinPanthosa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 02:46 AM   #117
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I really don't know who's going to win, let alone who's going to make it through the next tribal council. This season has definitely not been predictable. It has already several times broken the usual pattern of a large alliance dominating after the merge and the coat tail riders ending up at the end. Really, anyone could win at this point. I really don't know what will happen. Though I often lament them bringing back so many returning players so often, it does provide for a different dynamic sometimes. In this case it has fostered a group that is not afraid to take big risks, that can play a much less emotional game, and aren't quite so loyal to "the alliance." With new players, they seem to have so many fears, anxieties, and emotions tied up with the thought of leaving the security blanket of their power alliance that they don't understand that sometimes you need to take opportunities when they present themselves.

I think this has been a very good season so far, and I look forward to the last couple of episodes. I can't believe the finale is almost upon us!
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 04:13 PM   #118
Roger Wilco
Admiral

I think Erik, Eddie and Sherri have no shot at winning anymore. The jury so far seems to be very reasonable and forgiving, judging from the clips online.

I really doubt they'll put in a negative vote at the end, just by being pissed off at Cochran or Dawn. Brenda could certainly make a good argument at the end too, just by being so likable this time around (as pretty much all the voted-out Survivors have said in their exit-interviews), and having been involved in the strategy to a certain extent.
Old May 9 2013, 02:10 AM   #119
Snaploud
Admiral

I don't know why anybody tries to win that reward challenge. It always puts the winner in the position of a) telegraphing their alliances and b) interacting with less than half of the remaining survivors at a crucial moment (allowing the rest of the group to make important strategic decisions without you). This time was even worse, though. Jeff forced the winner to give up the food and put a target on her back.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 05:40 AM   #120
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Is Eddie the biggest nothing to ever play this game? Whoever cast him should be fired.