RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,715
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 704
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 4 2013, 06:48 AM   #226
Shaka Zulu
Captain

Re: Convention Circuit - Least Favorite Person Associated With Trek?

LoneDragon wrote: View Post
Also. I didn't see any mention of Colm Meany in the entire thread...I guess he doesn't do the convention thing?
From what I gather, no he doesn't.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2013, 10:18 AM   #227
Mareika
Commander

[...]if I saw Beltran treating people like crap, I'd probably shout "Chakotay sucks!"
I`ve met him and he didn`t treat the fans. He was very friendly, polite, charming and entertaining and honest in answering the questions.
And even when a woman asked him very rude a question he answered very friendly and with a smile on his face.
Later during the autographsession he talked a bit, said hello, shaked hands, joked with the kids and so on.
After meeting him I liked him even more than befor.
Mareika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 12:32 PM   #228
donners22
Commodore

Brian wrote: View Post
Borg Boy, hands down. I've written up the experience before. I'll dig it up and edit this reply to quote it.

Also, Jennifer Lien gave me a bad impression, though I've been told it was probably just shyness/nerves on her part. It just seemed very rude to me. The first time I saw her at a convention, as I was one or two from the head of the line at her autograph table, I heard her ask the staffer sitting beside her, "Do I have to talk to these people?"

ETA: Here's my account of my encounter with Borg Boy.
Goodness, that's quite an experience with Manu. He was out here last year with Jeri Ryan, and I found him quite friendly and entertaining. Perhaps he grew up a lot over the years or perhaps you caught him on one hell of a bad day.

I've had mostly good experiences. Wang and Dorn were quite fun, Ryan was charming (though damned expensive), Sirtis was friendly if a bit prone to swearing, de Lancie was a little cold but didn't charge for photos (and I was, shamefully, inadvertently rude to him - he would have been entitled to have a go at me, but didn't).
Janeway: Ha! Good one, Ensign. Take us in, Mr. Paris.

http://www.fiveminute.net/voyager
donners22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 08:01 PM   #229
LOKAI of CHERON
Fleet Captain

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
Also. I didn't see any mention of Colm Meany in the entire thread...I guess he doesn't do the convention thing?
From what I gather, no he doesn't.
I met Colm and got a 10x8 signed at an event in Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom almost a year ago exactly. An extremely friendly and personable chap judging by my brief rendezvous!

http://www.trebleaceevents.co.uk/eve...he-galaxy.html
Old May 5 2013, 09:12 PM   #230
Kinggodzillak
Commander

I was at that show too, and found him a reasonably pleasant fellow for the few moments I was with him. Though I hear once or twice it all got a bit much for him and he went back to his hotel for a lie-down...
Kinggodzillak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2013, 05:23 AM   #231
WisTrekFan
Lieutenant

The only Trek actor I've ever met was William Windom back in the early 1980's. He was in town to do a one man show at the local university that I attended and I met him while I was out with friends at one of the local watering holes. He couldn't have been nicer. He signed Commodore Decker on a menu for me. I still have it.
WisTrekFan is offline   Reply With Quote