Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old April 29 2013, 12:21 PM   #181
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

The Braves appear to be a feast or famine type of team. Swept in Detroit. None of the starting pitchers seemed to be on in that series and Detroit was really swinging it. Important four game set with the Nationals coming up.
Old April 30 2013, 09:44 PM   #182
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Not worried about the Braves. The average temperature on the road trip was 38º.
Old April 30 2013, 10:55 PM   #183
Use of Time
Commodore

Well last night was huge in beating Strasburg with our number 5 guy. For some reason the only pitcher the Braves seem to struggle with on the Nationals is Detwiler. Hopefully Huddy gets win 200 tonight.
Old April 30 2013, 11:02 PM   #184
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

...Out of all the teams the Yankees could have had their asses kicked by, did it have to be the fucking ASTROS?

At least the Mets had the common decency to drag it into the 15th inning and they only lost by 1. Plus, as the night wore on, Keith Hernandez got progressively more hilarious in the broadcast booth.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old April 30 2013, 11:25 PM   #185
Pondwater
Commodore

Use of Time wrote: View Post
Well last night was huge in beating Strasburg with our number 5 guy. For some reason the only pitcher the Braves seem to struggle with on the Nationals is Detwiler. Hopefully Huddy gets win 200 tonight.
Yep. They usually whoop Strasburg. And I was there to see it.

I noticed some changes at the Ted, The moved CFA and have two of those fancy hamburger stands, some other concession changes like free refill on souvenir cups (soft drinks only) And the Retired numbers over the visitor's bullpen are gone. They sit on different plaques between third and left.
Old May 1 2013, 02:42 AM   #186
Pondwater
Commodore

And Huddy receives his 200th Win!!

And he had a HR to go with.
Old May 1 2013, 03:16 AM   #187
Use of Time
Commodore

I love Gio and Strausburg but those guys wear their emotions on their sleeve. Both games against Atlanta this year they were having mini temper tantrums when they didn't get a call. That usually doesn't set a good tone with the home plate umpire.
Old May 1 2013, 03:47 AM   #188
R. Star
Rear Admiral

I love Gio and Strausburg but those guys wear their emotions on their sleeve. Both games against Atlanta this year they were having mini temper tantrums when they didn't get a call. That usually doesn't set a good tone with the home plate umpire.
Reminds me of the Cubs catcher having to pull the home plate ump aside before the game and explain that Zambrano's not yelling, screaming and throwing a tantrum at the ump when he doesn't get the call.
Old May 1 2013, 11:35 AM   #189
Use of Time
Commodore

Oh yeah, Zambrano was an absolute volcano. The body language of Gio and Strausburg was so damned mopey its like they both quit in the first inning once a few runs were scored. A lot of head shaking and slumped shoulders. Gio was even laughing after Hudson hit a double of the left center field wall last night.
Old May 2 2013, 02:03 PM   #190
Obiwansolo18
Lieutenant Junior Grade

At least gio and strausburg have room to mature, unlike like doc and cliff killing me, how are the indians blowing them up (well doc is kinda expected but cliff notmso much). Everytime the phils get some good momentum on of the "three aces" make it dissapear. This season killing me so far.
Old May 2 2013, 04:55 PM   #191
Use of Time
Commodore

Jordan Zimmerman is one of my sleeper picks to be in the Cy Young running this year. He is the exact opposite of Gio and Strausburg. He was getting squeezed all night but didn't bat an eye when he didn't get a call. He had the demeanor of a Tom Glavine last night. Just pounded the zone and mixed pitches, had Atlanta guessing all night.
Old May 3 2013, 12:28 AM   #192
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Phillies superstar Ben Revere is currently sporting a .471 OPS.

Hell of a fuckin' trade there, Rube.
Old May 7 2013, 03:00 AM   #193
Use of Time
Commodore

God watching B.J. Upton hit is painful. He's at the point now where he is going down on three straight pitches. I'm about ready to give Jordan Schafer some more playing time.
Old May 7 2013, 04:10 AM   #194
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

God watching B.J. Upton hit is painful. He's at the point now where he is going down on three straight pitches. I'm about ready to give Jordan Schafer some more playing time.
Not to pat myself on the back (well, okay, maybe a little bit), but this is what I had to say about the Upton signing after it happened:

That's not as awful of an overpay as I was expecting, but it's still going out on a pretty creaky limb. I would not want to be locking up a guy that's very much living on the edge of total collapse for five years. I guess if you want to believe that there's also some chance Upton will ever play back to 2007, he's a high risk / high reward guy, but he feels more like a high risk / medium reward guy, and at that type of commitment I'd rather just sign Josh Hamilton.

Or, put another way, B.J. Upton swing percentage on pitches outside of the zone by year:

2008: 15.0%
2009: 19.6%
2010: 25.3%
2011: 27.2%
2012: 32.7%

And the walk and K rates are catching up to that.
Old May 7 2013, 12:03 PM   #195
Scout101
Admiral

Just to cross-pollinate a little: anyone interested in Fantasy Baseball? We've got a Keeper league we've been running for like 6-7 years now, and need a replacement owner for MrCoaster, who's lost interest. Got some good parts, so you're not getting stuck with dregs. Even so, it's a Keeper League, so once you're in, the team is yours to work on year to year.

Any interest? Jump into the pinned thread and we'll set you up.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Closed Thread