Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 30 2013, 08:05 AM   #91
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Bates Motel seemed like it's going 2 suck, & then it didn't.(Spoil

I agree that that was weird stj.

Was there shuffle behind the scenes with the production?

They're still advertising the website with the "get to know the girl locked up in the basement blog" even though she was shot dead last week.

Everything which I thought would have been hilarious to have been part of Norman's imagination keeps turning out to have happened.

Stalking the Yoga class was hilarious though.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 08:10 AM   #92
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Anticlimactic? I wouldn't be so sure about that. Mr. Sheriff nice guy was up to his neck in trouble. He seemed a little too eager to bury the misdeeds of his wayward deputy and keep Norma out of trouble. Mr. Sheriff is glad Mr. Deputy is dead because he can't implicate Mr. Sheriff.

A whoooole new can of worms with Bradley and Dylan. That look when Norman introduced them. That look Bradley gave Dylan as she walked away. They'd already met. That much was obvious. How? Where? One night stand? Is Bradley a drug runner that Dylan observed doing some serious coke or committing some dastardly deed?

Mr. Wonderful who's come to stay at the hotel. There's a new story. What the hell is up with him? Part of the Chinese girl sex trade? If he knew Keith Sommers, that's highly likely.

Norma, Norma, Norma crazy bat shit jealous Norma is back. Having Emma show her Bradley? Then her jealousy when Norman walked away from her. It was like a jealous girlfriend. VERY out of proportion, and of course she reverted to giving Dylan shit when he said he was still moving out.

There's plenty of stories. How can you say there's no stories? We saw "mother" for the first time. "Mother" was talking when Norman was coming back from Bradley's house.

The dog. That precious little dog. Norma, you heartless cow. Those bastard writers. I could just kill them for that. Symbolic of Norman's sanity dying?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 08:59 AM   #93
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

What STJ said was that the old stories finished abruptly, and now there are new stories.

I suppose they couldn't write themselves into a corner in the first month with the entire cast winding up in Foxriver.

Old April 30 2013, 12:05 PM   #94
stj
Rear Admiral

^^^Yes.

It is true that they can work the new storylines up into a climax, or at least a cliffhanger. But practically every storyline to date (except the pot field and Brad's dad) went off like a wet firecracker. It was very disconcerting and I turned the set off shortly afterward. Maybe I'll catch up the rest On Demand.

Yes, the dog was supposed to be Significant in some way
Old April 30 2013, 12:45 PM   #95
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Morons think animals have emotions and feelings.

Empathy, sympathy, compassion.

Bunk.

Practical people choose a pet that will save their family the cost of a funeral.

Idiots chose a dog that can take days to barely eat their face away.

Don't get me started about cat people.

Old April 30 2013, 03:17 PM   #96
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Ooookay. Guess I'm outta this thread for good. slowly backs away.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 04:37 PM   #97
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

who says the old stories are done? they could still come back.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 08:20 PM   #98
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

we don't know the Chinese girl is dead. last we saw her she ran off in the woods. we are told she was shot. no body though. i would guess it was her that Norma chased off in last nights episode.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 10:20 PM   #99
degra
Fleet Captain

eh I have tried getting into this but not really feeling it. I appreciate that it doesn't have breakneck pacing and ten thousand characters and plotlines but itis just soooooooo slow,,,too slow. Writers need to learn that quiet scenes aren't magically character drama. Also the plotlines ie Shelby weren't handled very well. The writers seemed to go for shock rather than developing them.

Vera farmiga is great but she can't singlehandedly save a mediocre series. I may watch last threes episodes but if not no big deal.
degra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 10:45 PM   #100
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I thought this week's Bates was just okay. It was going to be a tough act to follow last week anyway.

I thought it odd that the Sheriff just concocted that story without at least giving Norma a hard time. I mean, he knew Keith Summers was dirty, and he certainly had to know his deputy was dirty, so why hassle Norma over Summers in the first place. He could've just chalked up Summers death to the business he was in. I also wish we had gotten an inkling more of what Abernathy was up to in that room. Also the fate of the Chinese girl, because I don't think she's dead.

At least we know that Bradley is still alive. I enjoyed Norma's reaction to her, it was very much like a jealous girlfriend or spouse. Vera Farmiga shined in every scene. I also thought Freddie Highmore handled his scenes with Bradley well, and it was great seeing just a sliver of Mother coming out of him. I thought Bradley was so doomed, and then I wondered if he was going to kill the dog or the guy that hit the dog. But the show pulled back.

I didn't think I would like Dylan on the show, but I think he provides a nice balance. And I agree with others who said that something is going on between Bradley and Dylan.

Overall a decent episode, but a bit of a letdown compared to the last several weeks.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 11:19 PM   #101
wissaboo
Captain

DarKush wrote: View Post
I
I thought it odd that the Sheriff just concocted that story without at least giving Norma a hard time. I mean, he knew Keith Summers was dirty, and he certainly had to know his deputy was dirty, so why hassle Norma over Summers in the first place. He could've just chalked up Summers death to the business he was in. .
I figured the sheriff was dirty too and happy to hang the whole thing on those two.
Old April 30 2013, 11:33 PM   #102
stj
Rear Admiral

Unless the sheriff somehow has the magical ability to falsify every piece of evidence somehow, there is no way his story will hold up. Just for the simplest thing, the bullet in Shelby didn't come from his gun.

Unfortunately, if the sheriff has those magical powers, being dirty is not a problem. He can avenge himself for old buddy Keith's death and Shelby's too. He wouldn't even have to frame Norma and Dylan, and his magic powers would keep him from suffering from blowback.Also, if the sheriff was dirty, then Shelby had no reason to keep any of his activities, including stealing the evidence against Norma.

The simplest explanation is that the rest of the world doesn't really exist in this fictional universe, so no one will ever ask the sheriff to produce any evidence. This is not really a good way to intensify the drama.

The questions about whether any scene is real is tending to undermine the impact. It's distracting.

Monday night was amazing in a completely negative way. The Bones finale was fatuous, Defiance went in for magic and Bates Motel had this mess.
Old May 1 2013, 12:00 AM   #103
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Who do sheriffs report to?

The Mayor is either a Pot Barron, or in the pocket of Big pot.

Jurisdictionally, state troopers can be told to bugger off.

Like Vampires, they have to be invited in.

The Sheriff can not only falsify his report on this incident but he doesn't even have to commit anything to paper (or database.).

Absolute power = Absolute corruption.

Although if he's an ass about his absolute power, the citizens vote in some other bastard who's going to abuse god and country with some penitence come the next election cycle.

Old May 7 2013, 10:43 PM   #104
wissaboo
Captain

Love the new relationship between Norma and the Sheriff. And I knew the sex slave thing wasn't over.
Old May 8 2013, 01:10 AM   #105
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

12 rooms, means that there's another 11 (and an alternate?) sex slaves hidden in the town?

It's the regularity that I don't understand.

1 week out of every month?

May be there's 3 other motels in the area for the rest of the month and the sex never stops?

And even then, it takes a special type of clientèle to only be interested in slaves?