Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old April 28 2013, 10:38 PM   #61
Yuletide Caroler
Rear Admiral

View Yuletide Caroler's Twitter Profile
Re: Abrams: Star Trek Maybe

I have a feeling that, for the third film, Abrams is going to totally sell out to the hardcore Trek fanbase and make a slowly paced film about an earth probe that returns and threatens the world.
Old April 28 2013, 10:46 PM   #62
Agent Richard07
Retired

They can adapt "Q Who?" for the next film and have James Callis as Trelane fill the Q role.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2013, 11:02 PM   #63
SeerSGB
Admiral

If I was Abrams (after I got through rolling around naked and having sex on big piles of cash), and knowing how the old school fans felt about me, I'd go out giving them the middle finger.

Third movie: Godlike being (Trellaine, Mitchell, The Guardian Of Forever, take your pick) is the "baddie" or is exploited by the baddie. In the final showdown Kirk and Spock are given the chance to undo everything, reset the timeline back to the original classic Trek timeline. Pike, Vulcan, Amanada, Kirk's father, everyone saved cause this timeline would cease to exist. A bit of mulling it about, Spock is debating it cause it'd mean the return of his mother and his planet, Uhura gives Spock a goodbye kiss, says she understands and she'll always love him, and...they decide not to do it, baddie is defeated, godlike being declares that this was their last shot and they'll never be another and as a result the reboot timeline becomes the dominate timeline.

But I'm a bastard that way
Old April 29 2013, 12:40 AM   #64
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

It's time for a wacky comedy "episode" with Harry Mudd!!!!!!
Old April 29 2013, 01:24 AM   #65
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
If I was Abrams (after I got through rolling around naked and having sex on big piles of cash), and knowing how the old school fans felt about me, I'd go out giving them the middle finger.

Third movie: Godlike being (Trellaine, Mitchell, The Guardian Of Forever, take your pick) is the "baddie" or is exploited by the baddie. In the final showdown Kirk and Spock are given the chance to undo everything, reset the timeline back to the original classic Trek timeline. Pike, Vulcan, Amanada, Kirk's father, everyone saved cause this timeline would cease to exist. A bit of mulling it about, Spock is debating it cause it'd mean the return of his mother and his planet, Uhura gives Spock a goodbye kiss, says she understands and she'll always love him, and...they decide not to do it, baddie is defeated, godlike being declares that this was their last shot and they'll never be another and as a result the reboot timeline becomes the dominate timeline.

As this plays out, you have to have Spock's "No. Not this time" line from the end of the 2009 film.
Old April 29 2013, 02:38 AM   #66
aeriolewinters
Lieutenant

This would only work....If the TNG crew are the villains.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 12:26 AM   #67
Jack Frost
Commodore

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Abrams will probably direct the next Trek.

Khan will be the big villain. I'm sure a second threat will be introduced, most likely Klingon.
But, I thought, you know...

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
They can adapt "Q Who?" for the next film and have James Callis as Trelane fill the Q role.
NuTrek is supposed to be "Our Future" and since our reality doesn't include Omnipotent beings I doubt we'll ever see Q in the NuTrek timeline.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 07:45 AM   #68
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

The Keeper wrote: View Post
NuTrek is supposed to be "Our Future"
Who says?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 02:05 PM   #69
BillJ
Admiral

NuTrek is supposed to be "Our Future" and since our reality doesn't include Omnipotent beings I doubt we'll ever see Q in the NuTrek timeline.
I like omnipotent beings in Trek. And who says there aren't far more advanced beings out there. Remember what Clarke said...
Old April 30 2013, 02:22 PM   #70
The Festivus Awakens
Airing Grievouses

I was just just remarking how there's no place for omnipotent beings in our universe the other day while I was playing a game of catch the giant ball of Red Matter with the kids. Because deus ex rufus res apparently is something that exists in our reality and makes so much more sense than a godlike being like Q.

Also, while I would agree with you that there are no omnipotent beings in our universe, I'm pretty sure there are a couple billion people who would beg to differ.
Old April 30 2013, 05:05 PM   #71
Jack Frost
Commodore

I just want to clarify, for the record, I did not say it would 'never' happen, I said I "doubt" it would.

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
NuTrek is supposed to be "Our Future"
Who says?
It is a quote of on screen text taken from one or more of the teasers/trailers.

BillJ wrote: View Post
I like omnipotent beings in Trek. And who says there aren't far more advanced beings out there. Remember what Clarke said...
So do I. Clarke, as in Author C.? He said allot, too which are you referring?

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I was just just remarking how there's no place for omnipotent beings in our universe the other day while I was playing a game of catch the giant ball of Red Matter with the kids. Because deus ex rufus res apparently is something that exists in our reality and makes so much more sense than a godlike being like Q.

Also, while I would agree with you that there are no omnipotent beings in our universe, I'm pretty sure there are a couple billion people who would beg to differ.
Few would feel more enjoyment than me if they choose to revive the more mystic aspects we've enjoyed from Trek in the past.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 05:59 AM   #72
Argus Skyhawk
Commodore

Old Trek was supposed to be our future also.
Old May 1 2013, 06:25 PM   #73
BillJ
Admiral

So do I. Clarke, as in Author C.? He said allot, too which are you referring?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.