Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 28 2013, 10:44 PM   #121
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITH

Yminale wrote: View Post
Anyway lost Doctor sure why not more oppurtunities for Big Finish.
Yes...if they're given the rights to make audios based on him which they don't for The Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Doctors.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2013, 11:19 PM   #122
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Emh wrote: View Post
Yes...if they're given the rights to make audios based on him which they don't for The Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Doctors.
If John Hurt is playing the Doctor, and he's a real Doctor and not an alternate or fake Doctor, then I hope that we do get some exploitation of the character elsewhere. A single outing for the John Hurt Doctor would not be enough!

Of course, i still want that Jackson Lake novel that RTD mentioned years ago.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 04:04 AM   #123
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
If John Hurt is playing the Doctor, and he's a real Doctor and not an alternate or fake Doctor, then I hope that we do get some exploitation of the character elsewhere. A single outing for the John Hurt Doctor would not be enough!
Absolutely. I would love even just a one-off series/boxset of John Hurt as The Doctor. I'm just not holding my breath that Big Finish will be able to do such a product anytime soon.

Old April 29 2013, 04:25 AM   #124
Yminale
Rear Admiral

Absolutely. I would love even just a one-off series/boxset of John Hurt as The Doctor. I'm just not holding my breath that Big Finish will be able to do such a product anytime soon.
Yeah I think BF's license specifically forbids any nuWho which is a bummer because there is so much interesting materials. 9th and 10th doctors, Torchwood, River Song, Madam Vastra, nu-UNIT, companion chronicles. BF stuff is better than most of the crappy audio books that are out now.
Old April 29 2013, 07:14 AM   #125
YellowSubmarine
Commodore

One thing that kinda annoys me with the alleged finale spoilers is that this is something I excluded as an option back in the Asylum of the Daleks, and completely wrote off in Snowmen giving up the hope that it could be this simple.

Old April 29 2013, 09:06 AM   #126
Jim Gamma
Rear Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Gamma

^
Jim Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 12:24 PM   #127
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

YellowSubmarine wrote: View Post
One thing that kinda annoys me with the alleged finale spoilers is that this is something I excluded as an option back in the Asylum of the Daleks, and completely wrote off in Snowmen giving up the hope that it could be this simple.
In this instance, we know that Moffat is making up Clara's story as he goes. In other cases, we may or may not suspect that, but he always says he has a masterplan we'll never figure out. In the case of Clara, he's said explicitly that he cast her as the companion first then decided to cast her as Oswin. What we have are characters who weren't connected but now are, so things may not join correctly.

Maybe AudioGO could, the way they did the first two (or was it three) Tom Baker box sets.

I admit, I'm grasping at straws here. And it's possible that a John Hurt Doctor audio would be such a niche product that it wouldn't be worth doing even if someone could.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 01:44 PM   #128
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Maybe AudioGO could, the way they did the first two (or was it three) Tom Baker box sets.
True, although I've read mixed reviews about them (and I believe it's three box sets).

I admit, I'm grasping at straws here. And it's possible that a John Hurt Doctor audio would be such a niche product that it wouldn't be worth doing even if someone could.
No more niche than the Unbound Doctors, and while they may not have sold well (like The Holy Terror), several of them are highly regarded (I've only listened to the David Warner audios, but I've heard that at least the Geoffrey Bayldon audios are also very good). Hell, would it be all that more niche than doing an ongoing series of The Eighth Doctor considering how poorly TV Movie was received (except Paul McGann's performance)?

Old May 1 2013, 03:59 PM   #129
StCoop
Commodore

The Preview of TNOTD in the new DWM basically confirms the accuracy of the leaked synopsis. (I'd love to know where it came from originally.)

Every journey taken by a time-traveller tears a wound in the fabric of reality, and the Doctor has time-travelled more than anyone. But the trail runs cold in Trenzalore, the one place in all of time and space that he should never go. The most dangerous place in the universe… Who is kidnapping the Doctor’s friends, leading him to Trenzalore? Could the Fall of the Eleventh be nigh? Or does an impossible girl hold the key? The Doctor’s past, present, and future lives are in grave danger… and his greatest secret is about to be revealed.

THE DOCTOR: “The path I carved through time and space, from Gallifrey to Trenzalore. My own personal Time Tunnel, leading back to every moment I ever lived. Every step, every tear, every kiss. Even the days I haven’t lived yet. Which is why I shouldn’t be here. The paradoxes… very bad…”
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2013, 01:42 PM   #130
StCoop
Commodore

Someone who was at the Press Screening for the Finale has blabbed everything on IMDb and backed it up with some sneakily taken photos. The original leaked synopsis was spot on but missed out on one major detail that should make half the audience happy the other half not so much.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/...nest/214303270

Here's the "web" of the Doctor's timeline.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2ihmfee.jpg
Old May 9 2013, 02:00 PM   #131
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

As was just pointed out on Gallifrey Base, those pictures look to be fake. Here's another IMDb thread where you can see the same theater backgrounds on alleged shots from the trailer from the second Hobbit movie, which also turned out to be bogus: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/...&p=1#212292477
Old May 9 2013, 02:09 PM   #132
StCoop
Commodore

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
As was just pointed out on Gallifrey Base, those pictures look to be fake.
Blimey, it's all getting a bit crazy on the whole Spoiler front these days. I wonder if it's Whistleblower having another try? (And then there's the childish I-know-more-than-you antics between Timeboy and TDT.)
Old May 9 2013, 02:18 PM   #133
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral

There does seem to be a lot more elaborate fakery going on now than in the past. There's also an alleged screengrab from "The Name of the Doctor" of Clara edited into a William Hartnell scene, though that one is more obviously a cheap trick.
Old May 9 2013, 02:24 PM   #134
StCoop
Commodore

There does seem to be a lot more elaborate fakery going on now than in the past. There's also an alleged screengrab from "The Name of the Doctor" of Clara edited into a William Hartnell scene, though that one is more obviously a cheap trick.
I stopped believing that particular idea when it was claimed they'd be using the cliffhanging cliffhanger from 'Dragonfire' for McCoy.
Old May 9 2013, 03:56 PM   #135
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

As was just pointed out on Gallifrey Base, those pictures look to be fake. Here's another IMDb thread where you can see the same theater backgrounds on alleged shots from the trailer from the second Hobbit movie, which also turned out to be bogus: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/...&p=1#212292477
Yeah, those look fake. The image on the screen looks to clear, to crisp to have been projected.

Personally, whoever is doing all of the fake spoilers, my heart goes out to them. I think it's hilarious watching the internet crack in half sometimes.