A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old April 26 2013, 12:02 PM   #346
MPH
Rear Admiral

Re: ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

LtChange wrote: View Post
First I would like to know when S2 is coming out ...
What the season that killed the show! Awful season with only a handful of good episodes. Will probably get S3 and 4 on Blu ray.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 12:21 PM   #347
LtChange
Commander

I really don't care that it has some really bad episodes, it has some excellent ones as well. Fact is that if there is a complete fail over in sells for S2 on blu-ray CBS might decide it ain't worth to put money on S3 and S4. So as a fan I will support by buying S2 too, and it ain't a hard choice because I want to own everything that is Star Trek on blu-ray.
LtChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 05:34 PM   #348
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

MPH wrote: View Post
First I would like to know when S2 is coming out ...
What the season that killed the show! Awful season with only a handful of good episodes. Will probably get S3 and 4 on Blu ray.
I really don't care that it has some really bad episodes, it has some excellent ones as well. Fact is that if there is a complete fail over in sells for S2 on blu-ray CBS might decide it ain't worth to put money on S3 and S4. So as a fan I will support by buying S2 too, and it ain't a hard choice because I want to own everything that is Star Trek on blu-ray.
Honestly, I've just never got the whole Season 2 is so terrible thing. For me, it's pretty much on a par with Season 1.
Old April 27 2013, 07:01 AM   #349
LtChange
Commander

I agree Lokai. I too think that it is on par with S1.
Old April 27 2013, 08:20 AM   #350
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I bought season one a week and a half ago for 75 dollars + tax at Target and today I went to Target again and saw it on sale for just 53 dollars. I hate when that happens.

And for me season 2 is slightly better than season one. Both seasons for whatever reason have a stretch of mediocre or bad episodes in the middle of the season.
Old April 27 2013, 11:03 PM   #351
tomswift2002
Captain

MacLeod wrote: View Post
But NTSC due to have its higher framne rate might have less flicker in the image. But PAL runs something like 4% faster than NTSC
Actually it is NTSC that runs faster.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2013, 12:02 AM   #352
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
But NTSC due to have its higher framne rate might have less flicker in the image. But PAL runs something like 4% faster than NTSC
No, that's not correct. I won't go into a lengthy techy explanation, but do a search on 3:2 pulldown for a detailed breakdown on the NTSC telecine process. PAL definitely runs faster when converted from 24fps material.
Old April 28 2013, 09:55 AM   #353
Dream
Admiral

They filmed a full cast reunion yesterday and it will be included on the Season 2 Blu-Ray.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/04/ent...filming-today/
Old April 28 2013, 10:01 AM   #354
LtChange
Commander

That is news from April the 10th but still exciting news after 2 weeks too
Old April 30 2013, 02:49 AM   #355
tomswift2002
Captain

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
No, that's not correct. I won't go into a lengthy techy explanation, but do a search on 3:2 pulldown for a detailed breakdown on the NTSC telecine process. PAL definitely runs faster when converted from 24fps material.
Actually it is correct. That 4% comes from incorrect conversions.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 06:48 AM   #356
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Actually it is correct. That 4% comes from incorrect conversions.
Actually, no, no it's not. Umm, PAL is simply sped up by approximately 4% on 24fps material - facilitating playback at 50hz. If that's your definition of an "incorrect conversion" - again, you're wrong, it's quite correct for PAL. But, it seems you're now accepting PAL does run faster, which contracdicts your original assertion.

Regardless, you can easily confirm the facts for yourself by searching for "PAL speed up" or "3:2 pulldown" for NTSC. But, again, you now seem to be acknowledging PAL does run faster - so I don't really understand what point your trying to make here?
Old April 30 2013, 01:21 PM   #357
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Actually, no, no it's not. Umm, PAL is simply sped up by approximately 4% on 24fps material - facilitating playback at 50hz. If that's your definition of an "incorrect conversion" - again, you're wrong, it's quite correct for PAL. But, it seems you're now accepting PAL does run faster, which contracdicts your original assertion.
PAL (50i) runs faster than film (24 FPS = 24p = 48i).

PAL (50i) runs slower than NTSC (59.97i).

Also, I would argue that something which changes the runtime is incorrect - simply accepted. If it were right, then all of the European Blu-ray releases wouldn't restore films to their original framerate, now would they?

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 04:38 PM   #358
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

ATimson wrote: View Post
PAL (50i) runs faster than film (24 FPS = 24p = 48i).

PAL (50i) runs slower than NTSC (59.97i).

Also, I would argue that something which changes the runtime is incorrect - simply accepted. If it were right, then all of the European Blu-ray releases wouldn't restore films to their original framerate, now would they?
The effect, as the viewer would see it on screen, is that PAL runs approximately 4% faster on 24fps material, and NTSC runs at pretty much the correct speed. That's what we've been discussing. If not, tomswift2002 was somewhat unclear in his posting IMHO.

OK, fine, by your argument, PAL DVD's are "incorrect" - but so is 24fps converted NTSC material, by virtue of the fact six repeated frames are added in every 24 (or twelve fields if you like). That's not strictly correct, now is it?

Thanks for reminding me about (most) European, and indeed, worldwide, film BD's restoring their original framerates, but I was aware. Actually, (most) film BD's are encoded at 23.976 - not quite the original.
Old May 2 2013, 02:43 AM   #359
dulcimer47
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I bought season one a week and a half ago for 75 dollars + tax at Target and today I went to Target again and saw it on sale for just 53 dollars. I hate when that happens.

And for me season 2 is slightly better than season one. Both seasons for whatever reason have a stretch of mediocre or bad episodes in the middle of the season.
If it was less than 14 days ago, you should be able to get Target to give you the difference back, FYI.
dulcimer47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2013, 08:57 PM   #360
LtChange
Commander

From Trekcore facebook:
We're hearing reports of ENTERPRISE Season 2 on Blu-ray being released on the week of August 19.