Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old April 26 2013, 04:48 AM   #361
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

BillJ wrote: View Post
After twenty minutes my daughter finally got it.
What was it?

Slightly off topic, PC users, are the sound effects accessible? I know many a modder for Bridge Commander who would LOVE to get their hands on them!
Old April 26 2013, 04:58 AM   #362
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
After twenty minutes my daughter finally got it.
What was it?

Slightly off topic, PC users, are the sound effects accessible? I know many a modder for Bridge Commander who would LOVE to get their hands on them!
I have no idea. Everything seems to be contained in .TOC files. There aren't even .INI files available for configuration tweaks.
Old April 26 2013, 05:27 AM   #363
billcosby
Commodore

Can anyone confirm selectable chapter points to replay (yay) or does it save your position automatically and that's the only pick up point to start besides restarting(boo)?

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 10:19 AM   #364
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

Just bought the pc version. Hopefully I'll enjoy some game time this weekend.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 12:11 PM   #365
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

billcosby wrote: View Post
Can anyone confirm selectable chapter points to replay (yay) or does it save your position automatically and that's the only pick up point to start besides restarting(boo)?
Chapter points on the Xbox 360.
Old April 26 2013, 01:47 PM   #366
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

bullethead wrote: View Post
Anyone here having any trouble figuring out how to get past the chasm on the Frontier Starbase? I'm stumped.
In the shuttlebay? I had Kirk sprint, then jump across the broken bridge.
I've just tried it 30 times in a row and every time jumping right from the ledge Kirk makes it about halfway and it's like he hits a wall and falls straight down.
The jump button has a bit of a delay in this game. Makes platforming a little frustrating oftentimes.
Old April 26 2013, 02:11 PM   #367
General_Phoenix
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to General_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to General_Phoenix Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to General_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to General_Phoenix

Bought the game yesterday, enjoying it - has it's problems but I don't think it's all that bad really. My Game Stop didn't even have the game on display, I had to ask for it, the clerk told me they had a case of them in the back.
Old April 26 2013, 02:20 PM   #368
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Man, Namco Bandai is going to be pissed if this doesn't sell well. But they only have themselves to blame - near zero advertising before hand means that sales will be non-existent.

I will laugh if the PC version moves the most copies though. Japan gives no fucks about PC gaming, so I expect heads to explode back in Namco Bandai HQ if that happens.
Old April 26 2013, 02:54 PM   #369
mattman8907
Lieutenant Commander

regarding continuity both the countdown comic and this game ends with them heading to Nibiru yet the are both considered canon so is it possible that one happened before the other?
mattman8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 02:55 PM   #370
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Yeah, I'm worried this won't sell much at all. Maybe they were hoping to get free advertising because the movie is coming out soon, but really the advertising department was apparently asleep on this one.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 03:06 PM   #371
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

mattman8907 wrote: View Post
regarding continuity both the countdown comic and this game ends with them heading to Nibiru yet the are both considered canon so is it possible that one happened before the other?
Don't really want to start a canon debate and derail the thread but neither comics nor game are considered canon according to Orci's last comment on the matter a couple of months ago.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 04:16 PM   #372
CaptJimboJones
Vice Admiral

LeadHead wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm worried this won't sell much at all. Maybe they were hoping to get free advertising because the movie is coming out soon, but really the advertising department was apparently asleep on this one.
They probably realized the game was going to be a failure given its apparent low quality and thus declined to invest any additional money in marketing. An advertising campaign that would actually move the needle on sales would be enormously expensive so its likely they decided to just write off the losses.

The game is rocking a 38 score on Metacritic right now, with a 3.0 from users.
Old April 26 2013, 04:35 PM   #373
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post
They probably realized the game was going to be a failure given its apparent low quality and thus declined to invest any additional money in marketing. An advertising campaign that would actually move the needle on sales would be enormously expensive so its likely they decided to just write off the losses.

Maybe we're just too soft on it. Then again, a lot of the bad reviews will probably include fan-boys and the backlash from the fake 10's.
Old April 26 2013, 05:04 PM   #374
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post

Maybe we're just too soft on it. Then again, a lot of the bad reviews will probably include fan-boys and the backlash from the fake 10's.
Maybe, I gave it a three stars out of five in my review for WhatCulture. I personally don't see the need to punish a game for not being the greatest of all time - I prefer reserving a 1 or 0 for games that are truly broken/irredeemable.

I think the reason we're not going on and on about how this game is the worst ever is because we're used to looking past the flaws of something (as long as those flaws aren't too widespread/deep to overcome). In a way, we're glass half full when it comes to Trek games, while most people are glass half empty.
Old April 26 2013, 05:25 PM   #375
General_Phoenix
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to General_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to General_Phoenix Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to General_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to General_Phoenix

I didn't even know the game was released until I saw this thread. I wasn't really following the game closely, and when I went to Game Stop I almost thought they didn't have it in stock. I had to talk to the clerk to get a $20 Steam card anyway, so I just asked him if they had the game - he looked on the computer and said they have a bunch in the back. Surprised that they didn't have at least one copy in the New Releases section - but Injustice was dominating the New Release area.