RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 142,276
Posts: 5,552,259
Members: 25,266
Currently online: 528
Newest member: kronictheking

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek Online Celebrates Five Years
By: T'Bonz on Jan 27

WizKids/Star Trek Online Caption Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

No Quinto In Heroes Reborn
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

Pine Responds To Pegg Writer Announcement
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

Retro Review: Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
By: Michelle on Jan 24

Urban in Aquaman?
By: T'Bonz on Jan 23

Pegg Co-writing Star Trek 3
By: T'Bonz on Jan 22

Stewart Narrated NASA Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

Star Trek 3 Filming To Begin
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

IDW Publishing Trek Comics For April 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 26 2013, 05:25 AM   #526
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

http://www.digitalbits.com/item/star-trek-tng-season-3

A's all around from The Digital Bits
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 05:32 AM   #527
Mott the barber
Commodore
 
Mott the barber's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

The Season 4 trailer looked great at first glance. The space shots have that "darker" CBS d style look compared to the HTV washed out look. I'm thinking specifically of the space battle clips shown from Redemption pt1. Much better mood lighting.
__________________
It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became... because of you. --Miles O'Brien in "The Wounded"
Mott the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 05:57 AM   #528
RAMA
Vice Admiral
 
RAMA's Avatar
 
Location: NJ, USA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

I haven't seen a price change yet from Target.
__________________
You cannot go against nature
Because when you do
Go against nature
It's part of nature too
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 06:44 AM   #529
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker
 
Savage Dragon's Avatar
 
Location: New York, NY
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

^Yeah, I'm waiting for that too.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 10:02 AM   #530
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

The sales price will be in this Sunday's Target ad. Scans of the ad were leaked a while back.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 10:12 AM   #531
Start Wreck
Fleet Captain
 
Start Wreck's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Mott the barber wrote: View Post
The Season 4 trailer looked great at first glance. The space shots have that "darker" CBS d style look compared to the HTV washed out look. I'm thinking specifically of the space battle clips shown from Redemption pt1. Much better mood lighting.
Redemption part 1 (and 2) is being done by CBS-D, isn't it?
__________________
Fallen Star - My home-made sci-fi TV show
Start Wreck - My Star Trek spoof web comic
Doctor Who From The Start - A n00b does a blog
Start Wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 04:49 PM   #532
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain
 
FrontierTrek's Avatar
 
Location: TrekCore.com
View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Start Wreck wrote: View Post
Mott the barber wrote: View Post
The Season 4 trailer looked great at first glance. The space shots have that "darker" CBS d style look compared to the HTV washed out look. I'm thinking specifically of the space battle clips shown from Redemption pt1. Much better mood lighting.
Redemption part 1 (and 2) is being done by CBS-D, isn't it?
Redemption was indeed done by CBSD
__________________
www.TrekCore.com :: The Net's LARGEST Trek Multimedia Site
Over 450,000 Trek DVD & Blu-Ray Caps from EVERY episode/movie!
FrontierTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 05:28 PM   #533
Mott the barber
Commodore
 
Mott the barber's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
Start Wreck wrote: View Post
Mott the barber wrote: View Post
The Season 4 trailer looked great at first glance. The space shots have that "darker" CBS d style look compared to the HTV washed out look. I'm thinking specifically of the space battle clips shown from Redemption pt1. Much better mood lighting.
Redemption part 1 (and 2) is being done by CBS-D, isn't it?
Redemption was indeed done by CBSD

Ah that would explain it!
__________________
It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became... because of you. --Miles O'Brien in "The Wounded"
Mott the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 08:49 PM   #534
Borjis
Commodore
 
Borjis's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dream wrote: View Post
The sales price will be in this Sunday's Target ad. Scans of the ad were leaked a while back.
Just reposted what you mentioned earlier:

For those looking for the best price for TNG S3 on release day:


Target will have S3 at $59.99. If you buy ST:TNG BoBW (14.99) at the same time, they will take another $10 off both (So $64.98 for both).


That is a FANTASTIC deal.

I wasn't going to get the BOBW set but I will now at that prishe.
Borjis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 09:05 PM   #535
jimbotron
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Perhaps FrontierTrek can answer this:

For the opening shot of Sins of the Father, did they retain the fully CGI shot, or did they replace it with the original elements, as was done in A Matter of Honor?

Sins of the Father (sampler):
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x...her_hd_001.jpg

A Matter of Honor:
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x...nor_hd_142.jpg

That season 2 shot looks 'too good' for HTV because the multi-colored paint scheme shows through while most HTV footage makes the Enterprise flat gray. The lighting also looks very-CBS-D. Did they do that shot?
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 08:24 AM   #536
LastRideOut
Ensign
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Target.com says 77.99 for the S3 set. Am I missing something? Is there anything in particular I need to do to secure it for the discounted price in the ad?

http://www.target.com/p/star-trek-th...ation+season+3

Borjis wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
The sales price will be in this Sunday's Target ad. Scans of the ad were leaked a while back.
Just reposted what you mentioned earlier:

For those looking for the best price for TNG S3 on release day:


Target will have S3 at $59.99. If you buy ST:TNG BoBW (14.99) at the same time, they will take another $10 off both (So $64.98 for both).


That is a FANTASTIC deal.

I wasn't going to get the BOBW set but I will now at that prishe.
LastRideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 12:25 PM   #537
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

DVDTALK reviews S3 and BOBW separate release

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/59929...-season-three/

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/60106...f-both-worlds/
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 01:45 PM   #538
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

LastRideOut wrote: View Post
Target.com says 77.99 for the S3 set. Am I missing something? Is there anything in particular I need to do to secure it for the discounted price in the ad?
Wait for it to actually go on sale which doesn't happen until the new ad comes out.
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 03:48 PM   #539
Flake
Commodore
 
Location: Manchester, UK
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

jimbotron wrote: View Post
Perhaps FrontierTrek can answer this:

For the opening shot of Sins of the Father, did they retain the fully CGI shot, or did they replace it with the original elements, as was done in A Matter of Honor?

Sins of the Father (sampler):
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x...her_hd_001.jpg

A Matter of Honor:
http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/2x...nor_hd_142.jpg

That season 2 shot looks 'too good' for HTV because the multi-colored paint scheme shows through while most HTV footage makes the Enterprise flat gray. The lighting also looks very-CBS-D. Did they do that shot?
I think CBS-D found that Enterprise shot during S1.
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 07:21 PM   #540
SpHeRe31459
Captain
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Another glowing review of Season 3:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5232...ek_tng_s3.html
SpHeRe31459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
remastered

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.