Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 7 2013, 10:02 PM   #16
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: Ant-Man Movie

junxon wrote: View Post
i hope the villain is Stilt-Man
Dare I admit I thought Stilt-Man was seriously cool as a kid? I wanted those super-stilts!
Old April 7 2013, 10:04 PM   #17
Avon
Fleet Captain

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2013, 12:39 AM   #18
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

There actually is already an anticipation thread for Ant-Man over in Sci-fi and Fantasy.

And in this post of the "What's Next For Marvel (movies)?" thread, I posted a link that goes to a video that show a lot of upcoming Marvel movie goodies, including a few seconds of Edgar Wright's live-action Ant-Man test footage, which convinced me that Ant-Man can work on the big screen.
Old April 8 2013, 02:42 AM   #19
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Captain Nebula wrote: View Post
Anyone have an interest in the Ant-Man movie scheduled to not show up until 2015? I was a little disappointed that they weren't in the Avengers, since they were original members in the comics. I'm curious about who they'll get to play Hank and Janet.

Any ideas?
Not only is there interest there is a thread where discussion is on going when new info arises on the topic. It's also in the right forum.

We should start to expect more details later now that IM3 is done, Thor2 is in Post, Cap2 just began filming and GotG is rounding out it's casting.
Captain Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2013, 05:36 AM   #20
scotpens
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Ants are terrifying if there's lots of them. Ant-Man should be rebooted as Ant-Army.
That's true. Just ask Charlton Heston.

Seriously, I'm not familiar with the character Ant-Man. Does he have any ant-like powers? Can he lift a hundred times his own weight or something?
Old April 8 2013, 06:46 AM   #21
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Human strength while he is antsize.

He also has the full strength of a human male while hitting women almost half his size.

And he can order ants to do things.

And he's one of the 8th smartest mad scientists in the Marvel Universe.

Thing I don't get about Pym... His major protagonist, well the one he should be most worried about is a AI housed in an adamantium combat chassis in tent on the annihilation of humanity but he feels comfortable lolling about at Antman or Giantman powerlevels?

He has to have doomsday powers (Apart from founding and sheperding the Avengers... "I don't need extinction level superpowers, I just have to provide free room and board for Thor whenever he's in Manhatten.") in reserve for just in case there's ever some sort of Ultron Apocalypse?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2013, 07:19 PM   #22
flandry84
Captain

Honey,I shrunk the superhero.

A lot will depend on the the tone of the movie.
TBH I've had enough of big angst-ridden,revenge-seeking heroes up against equally angst-ridden big baddies.
An old fashioned,science based adventure along the lines of "Journey to the ccentre of the earth" or "Inner space" with just a load of Indy-like thrills please.
Old April 9 2013, 04:01 AM   #23
Dude
Vice Admiral

I understand that during the climatic battle scene, Ant-Man follows the villain on a date and fucks up his picnic.

TNZ adaptation: "For every opinion, there is a monstrous bastard who has a different opinion."
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 12:16 AM   #24
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant Commander

Dude wrote: View Post
I understand that during the climatic battle scene, Ant-Man follows the villain on a date and fucks up his picnic.
That's too funny!
Old April 26 2013, 01:43 AM   #25
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Them! had some great Ant Battles.

Imagine the hazing process Pym would have to go through before the ants accepted him?

How come Pym never has used Pym particles to make giant ants?

An Ant the size of a Sky Scraper, a hundred Ants the size of sky scrapers who obey Hank Pyms every instruction should be able to take out even Ultron.

Why hasn't Pym ended world Hunger?

He's made tiny Prisons, but he's never made 8 hundred foot cows... Which would devastate the landscape... Shrinking the people before they eat regular sized cows... Or growing meat post mortem?

Why are they obsessed with making Gamma bombs which create Hulks, when they could be dropping Pym particle bombs on the terrorist camps all over the middle east to guarantee the wests supremecy? Lets see what a fricking suiside bomber can do now that their suiside vest has the explosive potential of a fire cracker?

It's a magnificently humane weapon, actually a pymbomb is more than humane, it's humilitaing.

Old April 26 2013, 04:15 AM   #26
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant Commander

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Lets see what a fricking suiside bomber can do now that their suiside vest has the explosive potential of a fire cracker?
Actually, Hank's strength stays the same whether human sized or ant sized. It just shrinks the space between atoms if I remember right. I would think the bomb's strength wouldn't be any different. But that doesn't explain Giant-Man, who would be a weakling in comparison to his size, if it worked the same way.
Old April 26 2013, 04:39 AM   #27
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Suicide.

Shitty spell check.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indiv...a/antmanii.htm

Antman has human level strength at ant sizes.

i was thinking earlier today how cool it would have been if Hawkeye when he was Goliath still had a giant bow and arrow set?

Although considering the inverse square law he would need enormous degrees of super human strength to still shoot a 20 foot long arrow arrow at a target.