Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 22 2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Candlelight
Admiral

Is Supernatural still worth watching?

I haven't watched anything since Ep803 (the heart episode). Only through pure coincidence of not being able to catch up with the show is why I stopped, but at the time I was still getting used to the lackluster finale of 7 and opener of 8.

Just wondering if it's something worth bothering about. I still interested.

In fact, am watching Ep804 now.

But your opinion is still valued.
Old April 22 2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

Re: Is Supernatural still worth watching?

It's turned into a pretty good season, and a clear improvement over the last two.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Candlelight
Admiral

Ep804 was a bit silly.

But... awesome.
Old April 22 2013, 11:56 AM   #4
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

I fell away from it about mid season 6, but only because I moved to another area where it wasn't on TV. I dithered over whether to buy the DVDs, because I wasn't sure if I really cared all that much anymore. But I went ahead and bought them. I enjoyed season 6, season 7 had some ups and downs. But I didn't regret it to such an extent that I'd stop watching. I'll just have to wait for the season 8 DVDs again.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Mr Light
Admiral

This season has been MUCH better than last year. I almost stopped watching in S7. It's still not as good as S3-5, but it's definitely improved.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 01:24 PM   #6
Lucky
Commander

I'm loving this season. The second half especially has been very good.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Sagart
Fleet Captain

This season is a huge improvement on the last couple. I'm glad I stuck with it.
Old April 22 2013, 10:20 PM   #8
Candlelight
Admiral

Done, will carry on watching. Have to fight with my wife over tv time with her Breaking Bad (which I'm not that keen on).

I still haven't seen Mad Men either. I hear it's quite good. For some reason it doesn't screen here.
Old April 23 2013, 04:47 AM   #9
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

^Yes, do stick with it. I find this season to be pretty good--maybe a bit better than the last.
Old April 23 2013, 04:54 AM   #10
Aragorn
Admiral

I think Supernatural is a show that could benefit from a short cable season than a full network season (plus being on the CW doesn't help either). There's a lot of fat on this show that could be trimmed down. They like stretching things out to the point where the apocalypse or leviathan invasion seems like something they will fight on their spare time.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 05:44 AM   #11
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral

I won't argue with that. Being on a cable network rather than a broadcast network would also free up the show to be a little more daring. Alas...
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 05:49 AM   #12
Captain Mike
Commodore

lvsxy808 wrote: View Post
I fell away from it about mid season 6, but only because I moved to another area where it wasn't on TV. I dithered over whether to buy the DVDs, because I wasn't sure if I really cared all that much anymore. But I went ahead and bought them. I enjoyed season 6, season 7 had some ups and downs. But I didn't regret it to such an extent that I'd stop watching. I'll just have to wait for the season 8 DVDs again.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
I think Supernatural is a show that could benefit from a short cable season than a full network season (plus being on the CW doesn't help either). There's a lot of fat on this show that could be trimmed down. They like stretching things out to the point where the apocalypse or leviathan invasion seems like something they will fight on their spare time.
When the show started the producers delved in legends and lore that seems to have worked for the show,...what kind of series would work if things ended in one season? Stick with it....Just remember it should have ended after Sam fell into the pit...so far I have not been let down.
Old April 23 2013, 05:52 AM   #13
Captain Mike
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I won't argue with that. Being on a cable network rather than a broadcast network would also free up the show to be a little more daring. Alas...
Captain Mike wrote: View Post
lvsxy808 wrote: View Post

When the show started the producers delved in legends and lore that seems to have worked for the show,...what kind of series would work if things ended in one season? Stick with it....Just remember it should have ended after Sam fell into the pit...so far I have not been let down.
Fuck cable..
Old April 25 2013, 09:52 PM   #14
degra
Fleet Captain

nope. Hasn't been even halfway watachable since season five. It is basically the same thing each season. Dean and Sam angst whining about each other and keeping secrets. That's boring.
degra is offline   Reply With Quote