RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,920
Posts: 5,331,593
Members: 24,558
Currently online: 655
Newest member: GarySe7en

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grading
Excellent 33 76.74%
Above average 10 23.26%
Average 0 0%
Below average 0 0%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 25 2013, 04:11 AM   #46
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain
 
Mister Fandango's Avatar
 
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Anwar wrote: View Post
I can only imagine what HE'D do with the power of 3 dragons behind him though...ugh.
The dragons would be dead, as would he. He really was an idiot.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 05:17 AM   #47
Anwar
Vice Admiral
 
Anwar's Avatar
 
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Anwar wrote: View Post
I can only imagine what HE'D do with the power of 3 dragons behind him though...ugh.
The dragons would be dead, as would he. He really was an idiot.
He got the full brunt of Aerys' crazy gene.

And yet he was STILL more sympathetic and human on the show than he was in the books.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 05:59 AM   #48
Saul
Rear Admiral
 
Saul's Avatar
 
Location: 東京
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Klaus wrote: View Post
^Didn't they film Ned's dad and brother being roasted in the Throne Room but have never shown it?
Yeah I had heard something about that in season 2. No idea if it was actually filmed though. Get the feeling they are gonna show us something from that time in more detail later which is why we don't see anything yet.
__________________
"It's not that you can see the strings, it's that 40 years later you're still looking at them." - Steven Moffat
"This movie was big. Imagine how big it could have been with me in it?" William Shatner
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:52 AM   #49
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Saul wrote: View Post
Klaus wrote: View Post
^Didn't they film Ned's dad and brother being roasted in the Throne Room but have never shown it?
Yeah I had heard something about that in season 2. No idea if it was actually filmed though. Get the feeling they are gonna show us something from that time in more detail later which is why we don't see anything yet.
They filmed it. A clip from the scene is in the first big trailer for the show.

They cut it and other planned flashbacks in order to keep the focus on the currently unfolding events. It seemed like the dungeon would have been a good place for Ned to be having fever dreams of these things, as well as giving a few hints to Lyanna's story. . . but apparently they decided otherwise. Similarly they took out a majority of the information gleaned from Dany's adventure in the house of the undying.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 08:26 AM   #50
danellis
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Another site I read has been posting these, and I think y'all might enjoy them as well.

If Game of Thrones took place on Facebook: Episode 3.4.

Brilliant - the number of times I tried to click "like" ^_^

dJE
danellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 01:05 PM   #51
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

^^I now want Rosetta Stone Valyrian.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:07 PM   #52
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral
 
137th Gebirg's Avatar
 
Location: Who is John Galt?
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

I do enjoy the languages they have been coming up with for this show. Both Dothraki and Valyrian seem to be well constructed and sound really cool to the ear instead of some random gibberish. Very glad we finally have something else other than Klingon to listen to now.
__________________
Gebirgswick - Ind, Tra, Sec & Env.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:13 PM   #53
ITL
Vice Admiral
 
ITL's Avatar
 
Location: Palace Of The Brine
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I do enjoy the languages they have been coming up with for this show. Both Dothraki and Valyrian seem to be well constructed and sound really cool to the ear instead of some random gibberish. Very glad we finally have something else other than Klingon to listen to now.
Interesting article about them here.
__________________
"Closed this morning as Ravenscroft, the bakery's dog, sprained his mouth whistling round a corner."
- Tockleys Bakery
ITL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:31 PM   #54
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Kha-lazy? Really? I prefer Khaleesi.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 07:37 PM   #55
ITL
Vice Admiral
 
ITL's Avatar
 
Location: Palace Of The Brine
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Yep, me too.
__________________
"Closed this morning as Ravenscroft, the bakery's dog, sprained his mouth whistling round a corner."
- Tockleys Bakery
ITL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2013, 11:57 PM   #56
Klaus
Rear Admiral
 
Klaus's Avatar
 
Location: Beach condo, Bay of Eldamar
View Klaus's Twitter Profile
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I do enjoy the languages they have been coming up with for this show. Both Dothraki and Valyrian seem to be well constructed and sound really cool to the ear instead of some random gibberish. Very glad we finally have something else other than Klingon to listen to now.
...and Elvish, don't forget Sindarin and Quenya, the grandfathers of it all.
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
t-shirts!
deviantArt
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26 2013, 10:46 AM   #57
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

danellis wrote: View Post
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Another site I read has been posting these, and I think y'all might enjoy them as well.

If Game of Thrones took place on Facebook: Episode 3.4.

Brilliant - the number of times I tried to click "like" ^_^

dJE
I'm dying laughing reading this..
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 03:04 AM   #58
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

So is onion knight a tribute to Final Fantasy or just a remarkable coincidence?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 04:02 AM   #59
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander
 
Nagisa Furukawa's Avatar
 
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
So is onion knight a tribute to Final Fantasy or just a remarkable coincidence?
Coincidence I'd reckon, given that Final Fantasy III wasn't localized into English until the mid-00s and A Clash of Kings was published in '98 (and GRRM doesn't strike me as the gaming type anyway).
__________________
I am the one who guided you this far.
Nagisa Furukawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 04:17 AM   #60
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral
 
Kelthaz's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: Game of Thrones 3.4 - "And Now His Watch Is Ended" - Rate and disc

Nagisa Furukawa wrote: View Post
Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
So is onion knight a tribute to Final Fantasy or just a remarkable coincidence?
Coincidence I'd reckon, given that Final Fantasy III wasn't localized into English until the mid-00s and A Clash of Kings was published in '98 (and GRRM doesn't strike me as the gaming type anyway).
I don't know, man. He'd make a killer DM.
__________________
"Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!"

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.