Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old April 23 2013, 08:05 PM   #301
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

bullethead wrote: View Post
Downloading the Amazon pre-order (it's a Steamworks game BTW). Gonna play for a while once it gets done (assuming I don't need to fiddle with Pinnacle too much).
How large is the total download?
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 08:19 PM   #302
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

BillJ wrote: View Post
LeadHead wrote: View Post
Have to wait til the end of the day to play the game. My Gamestop said I was smart to preorder because they didn't get many copies of the game. I really can't see any good signs from that.
Mine had a whole stack of them when I came in to pick up my pre-order.
I just picked mine up and Gamestop told me I really should have preordered, since they probably wouldn't have any. He opens the drawer, and it's completely full
Old April 23 2013, 10:16 PM   #303
Austin 3:16
Commander

I bought it off Steam today, and have played a bit of it, and I really like it. It's very fun!
Austin 3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 10:51 PM   #304
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Ronald Held wrote: View Post
Downloading the Amazon pre-order (it's a Steamworks game BTW). Gonna play for a while once it gets done (assuming I don't need to fiddle with Pinnacle too much).
Not that big - 8GB total.

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
I bought it off Steam today, and have played a bit of it, and I really like it. It's very fun!
I totally agree. The only janky part was getting stuck in the upgrade menu until I spent some XP (but that might have been my Pinnacle profile). There's even a second set of keybinds if you want to play split-screen co-op on the PC (which is totally fucking awesome).

The only bad thing is that there's no .INI files that control whether the damn pre-menu logos play, so you have to sit through them every time you start up the game.

King Daniel wrote: View Post
Someone just tell me if the corridors actually do carry on around the bridge past where the window and front of the deck is. My nerdiest nerd tingle has been tingling about that ever since I saw the film.
Yes, there's a ready room(?) on deck one that Kirk and Spock leave to go to the bridge.
Old April 23 2013, 11:14 PM   #305
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Yes, there's a ready room(?) on deck one that Kirk and Spock leave to go to the bridge.
If it's at the beginning, I thought that was Spock's quarters? I ran into one glitch at New Vulcan where Spock simply refused to come over and help me open the first door. He just stood there phaser in hand looking at me. Had to restart from the last checkpoint.
Old April 23 2013, 11:30 PM   #306
Austin 3:16
Commander

Ronald Held wrote: View Post

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
I totally agree. The only janky part was getting stuck in the upgrade menu until I spent some XP (but that might have been my Pinnacle profile). There's even a second set of keybinds if you want to play split-screen co-op on the PC (which is totally fucking awesome).

The only bad thing is that there's no .INI files that control whether the damn pre-menu logos play, so you have to sit through them every time you start up the game.

Someone just tell me if the corridors actually do carry on around the bridge past where the window and front of the deck is. My nerdiest nerd tingle has been tingling about that ever since I saw the film.
Yeah I can tell they put in a great deal of effort into this game. It's a few hairs away from being a AAA game!
Austin 3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 11:46 PM   #307
JD
Admiral

I rented the PS3 version from a Redbox up the street from where I live this morning. I played up the Gorn attack on the Federation station, and so far I'm loving it. It plays kind of like a combination of the Arkham and Mass Effect games. I'm playing as Spock, and I have to admit I did make a nerdy little squeal the first time I nerve pinched somebody. I'm hoping to start a co-op game playing as Kirk once my mom gets off work.
Does anyone know who voices T'Mar? She sounds familiar, but I can't find any cast lists that includes non-movie characters. I tried watching the credits but it just had the movie cast and then additional voices.
Old April 24 2013, 01:33 AM   #308
BillJ
Admiral

The first mission where you're using the Enterprise to fight the Gorn is pissing me off!
Old April 24 2013, 01:44 AM   #309
indianatrekker26
Captain

i wish i could play it. i've been trying to get it to run on my PS3 for the last 40 minutes. I get past picking Kirk, and then the game just keeps locking up on the loading screen.
indianatrekker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 03:07 AM   #310
BillJ
Admiral

indianatrekker26 wrote: View Post
i wish i could play it. i've been trying to get it to run on my PS3 for the last 40 minutes. I get past picking Kirk, and then the game just keeps locking up on the loading screen.
Possibly a bad disc?
Old April 24 2013, 03:35 AM   #311
Caesar753
Commander

I've played about two hours so far (on PC) and I must say that I'm not impressed and not holding out much hope.
Caesar753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 03:49 AM   #312
Manticore
Rear Admiral

How do you do the danged space mission? Tactical view seemed absolutely worthless.
Old April 24 2013, 04:04 AM   #313
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Oh, and does engineering look like the brewery or did they build the concept engine room the film couldn't afford?
What little I've seen so far looked like the scenes towards the end of the film (where the warp cores are ejecting); that might have been the brewery too, but at least it wasn't as off-putting as the earlier scenes with the communications vats and the coolant pipe...

Definitely not the concept engine room.

What the heck? Why is the 360 version only 3.7 GB?

The only janky part was getting stuck in the upgrade menu until I spent some XP (but that might have been my Pinnacle profile).
That's the game assuming you followed the "open the upgrade menu" tutorial prompt, and are continuing that tutorial.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 04:07 AM   #314
bullethead
Fleet Captain

ATimson wrote: View Post
What the heck? Why is the 360 version only 3.7 GB?
Compression and probably less resolution assets. This game supports some real weird resolutions.

Manticore wrote: View Post
How do you do the danged space mission? Tactical view seemed absolutely worthless.
What platform are you playing?
Old April 24 2013, 04:38 AM   #315
trekkier
Lieutenant Commander

Ive been playing coop with my girlfriend all night. God damn was that space mission hard. The tactical thingy was really hard to grasp, and we must have died about 10 times before we finially got past it. And that damn part with the shields...ugh.

We stopped after that for tonight. Other wise the game has been really fun, lots of great Kirk/Spock banter. Plus the whole cast doing the voice over work...awesome.