Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 10 2013, 02:59 AM   #76
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga
Re: Bates Motel seemed like it's going 2 suck, & then it didn't.(Spoil

i too expected the brother confession scene to be just a delusion. wouldn't be surprised if the sex was imagined though.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 04:37 AM   #77
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Why would Norman imagine confessing? Confession is cathartic. Aren't the delusions usually someone doing something negative to Norman, ie his mother guilting him about something?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 04:43 AM   #78
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Then there's why wouldn't Dylan ask mum if she's feeling okay after being being raped and murdering someone and running from the law... Is he just bone and grissle on the inside? Has he no compassion or humanity for his mummy when she's actually in the twixt of an outrageous situation... Besides, he would have no idea how his mother being caught for the murder of a local would impact on his employers who might have considered that rapist and ally and then might want to burn him.

Either Norman imagined telling Dylan, Dylan thought Norman imagined the rape/murder or Dylan is an asshole.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10 2013, 05:20 AM   #79
stj
Rear Admiral

It's perfectly clear that the show is not going to be about genuine human characters. It's about a town full of grotesques, beneath a facade of normality. If you've been in a situation where you find that a beloved family member is hallucinating, you do not ignore it. This show is about sensationalism, we are meant to enjoy the crazy capers. Emotional investment is buying in in a bad way.
Old April 16 2013, 06:44 AM   #80
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

If you've been in a situation where you find that a beloved family member is hallucinating, you do not ignore it.
Unless you're mommy dearest, Norma Bates, who could use a kid who hallucinates to get rid of her husband who's beating her. Norma's off her rocker and she gave birth to a son whom she's pushing ever so slowly off of his rocker. They're larger than life characters.

They're genuine human, yet larger than life, off their effing rocker characters. They're supposed to be abnormal. The town is very Twin-peakish by design. TPTB were very upfront about that. If that's the setting from the beginning, IMO it's okay to have these "grotesques." Just be true to your setting and the universe you've created.

Did anyone else wonder if Norman killed Bradley? She didn't stir and there was no contact from her all episode long. Probably not, but I wouldn't put anything past this show. It would be true to the original incarnation of Norman who went all violent whenever a girl other than mother aroused his manly beast.

Dylan ran that guy down with his truck and he's still the most normal well intentioned/adjusted character of the bunch.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; April 16 2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old April 16 2013, 06:35 PM   #81
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

[QUOTE=Dorian Thompson;7951393]
Did anyone else wonder if Norman killed Bradley? She didn't stir and there was no contact from her all episode long. Probably not, but I wouldn't put anything past this show. It would be true to the original incarnation of Norman who went all violent whenever a girl other than mother aroused his manly beast.

Dylan ran that guy down with his truck and he's still the most normal well intentioned/adjusted character of the bunch.
That's what I thought too. Maybe the sex DID happen, but Bradley did die. Not by Norman, but by Mother.
Old April 16 2013, 11:50 PM   #82
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I thought that he slept in her room and she didn't know that he was there.

Killing her would be good too.

If Bradley's mum saw him leaving and thought "How cute, my girl is frakking nerd" only to later bring it up over breakfast...

Norma owes the deputy.

An eye for an eye.

Of course if it comes down to returning the slave to her master or putting the little girl out of her misery, and when is she going to get it that he likes it when women are tied up and can't escape, it's just hat her leash is a little more metaphorical, but he still knows how to tug at the choke grip.

Old April 23 2013, 07:48 AM   #83
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

DAY-UM!!! This show is getting gooooood.

Very intriguing indeed. Kudos to those who called Norman killing his father. And now....and now.....Norma has made Dylan complicit in hiding the truth. Norma is actually humanized a bit.

She's not wholly a looming, possessive, semi incestuous monster. She was trying to protect Norman and who knew she actually gives a shit about Dylan in her own way? Very slick, writers. Very slick. Now all three of the Bates' family have killed--Norma and Dylan in revenge, Norman in psychosis. The family that slays together, stays together. Now, in an effort to be conciliatory, Dylan will give Norma a break and let Norman stay with her at least for the time being. It wll turn out to be a tragically wrong choice, of course.

How is Norman going to get to a point where he's not only sick enough to kill his mother, but also his brother? Dylan's not an idiot. He'll figure it out if Norman starts offing women around town. Norman will do away with them both. How does this young boy get to that point? And will Dylan turn against Norma once more? What will become of the young girl? Did Shelby get her in the woods? What will the sheriff make of a dead deputy on Norma's front steps? Oh--the Bates'---the secrets they're going to have to keep.

Old April 23 2013, 08:16 PM   #84
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

I like that we finally saw a side of Norma that wasn't batshit crazy and that she might actually care for Dylan (and Dylan for Norma, in a way). It is one fucked up family, though.
Old April 23 2013, 09:33 PM   #85
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

last nights episode was great. certainly didn't expect that character death. i figured that story would be drawn out a bit longer.
Saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 11:14 PM   #86
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Mostly we see gunfights between master pistoleers.

That was great watch two fuck ups fuck up.

Old April 24 2013, 02:34 AM   #87
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
last nights episode was great. certainly didn't expect that character death. i figured that story would be drawn out a bit longer.
Me too. I was expecting that to be the season finale or something.

As for Norma's story to Dylan about Norman killing his father, I'm just going to take that with a grain of salt. It might be true, but we've seen how skillful Norma is at lying throughout the series thus far. She might have just said that to keep Dylan from getting Norman to stay with him.

This week's episode was very good. I'm looking forward to seeing how they get out of this. I wonder if Dylan is going to take the fall for everything.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 06:12 AM   #88
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I tend to think the story's true because we've seen Norman going in and out of fugue states already. Remember him trying to hit Dylan with the meat tenderizer because Dylan had Norma programmed as "the whore" on his phone? Then the next day when Dylan talked to him on the couch, Norman didn't believe him. Norman's blacked out in class, too.

This week's episode was very good. I'm looking forward to seeing how they get out of this. I wonder if Dylan is going to take the fall for everything.
I hope Norma's past the point where she would throw Dylan to the wolves to protect Norman or herself. Dylan is sooooo doomed. The only question is when. His good intentions will get him killed at some point down the road. When will Norman snap and do it? That's the question. Dylan's being set up for a tragic death.

Old April 24 2013, 06:31 AM   #89
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Of course Norman dies, and Dylan is so caught up in his loss that he takes his brothers name... Or he's so fucked by the law he takes his dead brothers identity.

(I hate it when TV does that, claiming that it's because they're smarter than I am.)

Although I still think that there's a 2 percept chance that either Dylan or Noma are fightclubian figments of Normans imagination.

Old April 30 2013, 04:19 AM   #90
stj
Rear Admiral

They terminated practially all of the storylines in the first five minutes. Everything else is going to be anticlimatic.