Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old April 20 2013, 06:00 PM   #31
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: My Theory about who Harrison is (Spoiler Alert)

I wasn't aware that TOS' Harrison was ever given a first name. I thought he was just called "Harrison".

And in any case, that's a rather common name, ain't it? So assuming it's the same person would be reaching.
Old April 20 2013, 07:26 PM   #32
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Should I be getting nervous about the helmeted Klingons? The more I look at those helmet/mask things, the more they feel like a cheap way to dodge the Klingon head ridge issue. I sincerely hope we get a look at them under the helmets and they look like they did in the recent comics.
I read somewhere (probably Trekmovie) that Klingons do indeed appear on screen without helmets and that they have ridges and piercings.

EDIT:

http://www.treknews.net/2012/12/10/k...into-darkness/

"We’ve seen Klingons! They do have forehead ridges but with ornamental piercings and facial hair out of the original series!"
Old April 23 2013, 03:44 AM   #33
Vektor
Rear Admiral

I'm still doubtful that Harrison is actually Khan. I think he is more likely one of Khan's supermen, perhaps even Joachim, or possibly one of their descendants. I suspect Khan himself is waiting in the wings to be set up as the Big Bad for the third movie. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the much-discussed scene with the two figures exiting the chamber filled with cryo-tubes is actually the very last scene of the film.

Not that I'm actually predicting this, mind you, but what if all that stuff about Benicio Del Toro almost but not quite signing up to play the villain was just a red herring? What if he really did sign up to play the villain, just not in this movie?

Then again, maybe Harrison is Khan, but that pretty much requires abandoning all pretense that this timeline branched off from the original as recently as the incursion of the Narada, which was admittedly hard to swallow in the first place. Who knows, maybe the timelines originally diverged all the way back in the Eugenics Wars. In fact, a pet theory of mine is that the nuTrek timeline is actually our future where the Eugenics Wars never happened in the 1990s, if at all.

Guess we'll know soon enough.
Old April 23 2013, 04:56 AM   #34
cbspock
Rear Admiral

Vektor wrote: View Post
I'm still doubtful that Harrison is actually Khan. I think he is more likely one of Khan's supermen, perhaps even Joachim, or possibly one of their descendants. I suspect Khan himself is waiting in the wings to be set up as the Big Bad for the third movie. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the much-discussed scene with the two figures exiting the chamber filled with cryo-tubes is actually the very last scene of the film.

Not that I'm actually predicting this, mind you, but what if all that stuff about Benicio Del Toro almost but not quite signing up to play the villain was just a red herring? What if he really did sign up to play the villain, just not in this movie?

Then again, maybe Harrison is Khan, but that pretty much requires abandoning all pretense that this timeline branched off from the original as recently as the incursion of the Narada, which was admittedly hard to swallow in the first place. Who knows, maybe the timelines originally diverged all the way back in the Eugenics Wars. In fact, a pet theory of mine is that the nuTrek timeline is actually our future where the Eugenics Wars never happened in the 1990s, if at all.

Guess we'll know soon enough.
Now that would be a cool twist, having Khan thawed out at the end of this film.

-Chris
Old April 23 2013, 02:24 PM   #35
aeriolewinters
Lieutenant

I'm thinking he's that guy from Futurama.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 07:44 PM   #36
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Well, golly...
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 08:50 PM   #37
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 24 2013, 12:21 AM   #38
StarMan
Vice Admiral

Just hold on a minute. This could be more misdirection from Abrams. Maybe the premiere screening has been cunningly edited to give the illusion Harrison is Khan, convincing fans worldwide that they finally know the truth. Then, when it premieres proper to the public - bam! The final curve ball will be thrown and we will leave the theater in awe of the web of obfuscation JJ has masterminded.

Oh JJ, you clever sausage. I'm on to you! (It's gonna be Mitchell, right? Gotta be Gary Mitchell.)
Old April 24 2013, 03:37 AM   #39
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Here's something, BTW - given how few and how carefully constructed the scenes which reveal Harrison's other identity are, it's quite possible that most of the cast who were being asked about it never saw a page of script or appeared in a scene in which he was referred to other than as "John Harrison."
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 10:54 AM   #40
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
it's quite possible that most of the cast who were being asked about it never saw a page of script or appeared in a scene in which he was referred to other than as "John Harrison."
He's also still John Harrison in the closing credits.

Incidentally,
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote