RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,665
Members: 24,816
Currently online: 475
Newest member: CapSmith

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old April 16 2013, 10:17 PM   #256
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Re: arrrgh!!!!!!!!

^Not all birth control is free, I guess. And since I have diabetes, some forms are far more risky for me than others. My doctor prescribed the one she did because it would be the least risky and most effective at relieving my symptoms -- I'm still waiting for her to call back to see about an alternative, I'm just really disappointed because I feel like crap (period must be coming) and I was just so looking forward to some relief!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2013, 06:56 PM   #257
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

^I understand. I hope it can all be sorted out for you.
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2013, 08:41 PM   #258
RobertVA
Fleet Captain

• When I'm waiting to make a right turn exiting a shopping center and another vehicle pulls so far forward in the through/left turn lane I can't see the oncoming traffic.
  • Shopping centers with signs or landcaping blocking the view of oncoming traffic when I'm trying to exit. Municipal ordinances restricting the height of signs for aesthetic purposes aren't helping. The same for some highway median landscaping where I need to make a left turn.
  • I'm trying to use the crosswalk and a vehicle has stopped for the light so far forward they are blocking the crosswalk.
  • Vehicles making right turns at intersections without checking for pedestrians.
  • The department store restocking crews who bring so many pallets of merchandise onto the sales floor in the evening customers have trouble moving around the store. They should bring fewer pallets out, put that merchandise on the shelves then bring more pallets out.
RobertVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 03:19 AM   #259
Shanndee
Commodore

Todays arrrgh:

I now have a tooth abscess. The very same tooth that was filled just 2 weeks ago (along with some other more urgent work). He told me that it was quite deep and may need to have a root canal in the future...but 2 weeks??!

If he had done a root canal 2 weeks ago I wouldn't be infected and in agony right now!

I know he wanted to save the tooth, and he doesn't do work that isn't necessary...but right now I hurt and I wish he was a less responsible dentist! Oh well...I'll appreciate it at a later time I'm sure.

Whimper.

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 08:29 AM   #260
Collingwood Nick
Vice Admiral

I may have to move back in with the parents for a while. Major life fail
Old April 20 2013, 05:32 PM   #261
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Collingwood Nick wrote: View Post
I may have to move back in with the parents for a while. Major life fail
No, that's no fail, just a restart! *hugs*

{{{{{{{Shanndee}}}}}}} I hope it gets better really soon!
I know it's little comfort as long as you are in pain, but I think you're lucky to have such a responsible dentist whos first priority is to save a tooth.
Had I had such dentists in the past, I'd have 7 teeth more now
Old April 22 2013, 05:14 PM   #262
mari
Captain

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
^Not all birth control is free, I guess. And since I have diabetes, some forms are far more risky for me than others. My doctor prescribed the one she did because it would be the least risky and most effective at relieving my symptoms -- I'm still waiting for her to call back to see about an alternative, I'm just really disappointed because I feel like crap (period must be coming) and I was just so looking forward to some relief!
It's just the generics that are free. There are a LOT of generics, but...

Then there's MY insurance, which doesn't cover ANY birth control, either 100% or with a copay. Not sure how they're getting away with that, but ladies, stay away from Highmark Blue Shield. I'm switching to my fiance's coverage as soon as the marriage license is signed.
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 10:04 PM   #263
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

^Not even all generics, unfortunately. The one they were charging me so much for was a generic. Fortunately, it sounds like they might have found another that will work for me, that will cost only $100 for 3 months, which isn't too bad.

View my art!
Old April 22 2013, 10:29 PM   #264
Ashu
Vice Admiral

View Ashu's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Ashu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashu

I am seriously getting sick of this. I am so tired of people talking to me like i am ignorant on certain topics when it is one of the few things that i actually know anything about. I'm sorry you think you're awesome and know everything, when really, you barely know of the topic in the first place. However, this is something that i've been researching independantly for about 7 years now.

But apparently that doesn't qualify me to know the basic history on it so i shoud just smarten up and listen to you oh so smart individuals.

" Because no matter what the future holds, no matter how fat we travel, a part of us -a very important part- remains there, on the TrekBBS" - shamelessmcbundy
Ashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 03:42 AM   #265
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Old man gets a new car, a 426 hp beast, I get to drive it from Santa Fe to Albuquerque...behind the slowest fucking highway patrol cruiser in the state
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 04:08 AM   #266
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Ashu wrote: View Post
I am seriously getting sick of this. I am so tired of people talking to me like i am ignorant on certain topics when it is one of the few things that i actually know anything about. I'm sorry you think you're awesome and know everything, when really, you barely know of the topic in the first place. However, this is something that i've been researching independantly for about 7 years now.

But apparently that doesn't qualify me to know the basic history on it so i shoud just smarten up and listen to you oh so smart individuals.
That wasn't directed at me, was it?

Do you want to talk about it more?

View my art!
Old April 23 2013, 07:30 AM   #267
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

^I took it for a general remark about people (particularly male colleagues).

Sephiroth, I was under the impression that throughout the US there's a speed limit of about 80 mph on highways. Are there states where there are no speed limits?
My business car is a Ford Focus Turnier station wagon with considerably less horsepowers (163 afaik) but thanks to there being no speed limit on German highways, I regularly drive 100 mph with winter tyres and about 115 with summer tyres. I haven't tried it yet (too many potholes) but I believe the car can make about 130 mph.
Old April 23 2013, 08:09 AM   #268
Sigokat
Commander

Location: Fort Bragg, NC but from Chicago (currently deployed)

People that speak loudly. I share an office with another person and earlier today someone came in to have a meeting with her. This old man (from Texas...he made sure he mentioned that numerous times) was speaking so loud it was driving me nuts. I know some people can't help it, but its still really grating.

And my office mate is sick (I think she got it from me though so I'm trying to be sympathic) and she just sneezed super loud. Grrrrrr.
Old April 23 2013, 08:16 AM   #269
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
^I took it for a general remark about people (particularly male colleagues).

Sephiroth, I was under the impression that throughout the US there's a speed limit of about 80 mph on highways. Are there states where there are no speed limits?
My business car is a Ford Focus Turnier station wagon with considerably less horsepowers (163 afaik) but thanks to there being no speed limit on German highways, I regularly drive 100 mph with winter tyres and about 115 with summer tyres. I haven't tried it yet (too many potholes) but I believe the car can make about 130 mph.
75mph in my state and the cops can be real hard-asses here. Can't think of anywhere without speed limits (god damn insurance companies) and I don't think there are any tracks close by I can rent time on.
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2013, 02:53 PM   #270
Ashu
Vice Admiral

View Ashu's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Ashu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ashu

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Ashu wrote: View Post

That wasn't directed at me, was it?

Do you want to talk about it more?
Oh no, if it was i'd be a bit more discreet and pm you. And be a hell of a lot nicer about it cause i like you lol

It was more directed at people i work with who thihnk they know everything Back to i just really need to get out of this job.

" Because no matter what the future holds, no matter how fat we travel, a part of us -a very important part- remains there, on the TrekBBS" - shamelessmcbundy
Ashu is offline   Reply With Quote