Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 21 2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Re: Finale discussion thread (spoilerifictitle insided) *SPOILERS WITH

StCoop wrote: View Post
Absolutely no clue on the provenance of the below but it claims to be a synopsis of the Finale. It defintely sounds like a Moffaty script and the lack of the usual Fanwank that goes hand-in-hand with people's fake plots is a mark in its favour. We'll see in less than a month either way.

That would work for me.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 10:53 PM   #47
Lonemagpie
Writer

Absolutely no clue on the provenance of the below but it claims to be a synopsis of the Finale. It defintely sounds like a Moffaty script and the lack of the usual Fanwank that goes hand-in-hand with people's fake plots is a mark in its favour. We'll see in less than a month either way.

Seems totally believable as a Moffat finale

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 11:50 PM   #48
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Haggis and tatties wrote: View Post
I wonder if we are going to find out who the Doctor was before he stole the Tardis and ran away from the timelords, or what he was before he ran away, or even who owned the Tardis before him.

A couple of questions i would love to be answered, although it's not a deal breaker.

This. With the Time Lords gone, I don't see any reason to keep it a secret anymore.

I always figured he was just part of a failed uprising on Gallifrey (probably started by The Master). The group managed to steal the Hand of Omega as a bargaining chip, things got out of hand, most of the Doctors family was killed in the fighting and he and Susan barely escaped with the Hand by stealing a Tardis.

But that's just my personal theory.
He has told us he bolted after being elected President

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 11:56 PM   #49
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Sindatur wrote: View Post
When was this?

He certainly bolts at the end of "The Five Doctors" when Flavia says that Gallifrey needs him. And I suppose that his line to Tegen could imply that his original departure was for similar reasons. That said, we don't actually know why the Doctor left Gallifrey originally.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 12:05 AM   #50
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
When was this?

He certainly bolts at the end of "The Five Doctors" when Flavia says that Gallifrey needs him. And I suppose that his line to Tegen could imply that his original departure was for similar reasons. That said, we don't actually know why the Doctor left Gallifrey originally.
Yea, "told us" was overstated, I should have said "implied", because Teagan appears to be asking if he's bailing after being elected Pres in a rickety old bucket of bolts. I seem to remember there have been other references as well to his being President (Invasion of Time(?), he's able to stand for Pres. because of a former claim?)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 12:18 AM   #51
MacLeod
Admiral

The only problem with trying to anything too big, is that all you can do is fail.

Will we hear the Doctor's real name, I seriously doubt it. Will we learn something about the Doctor perhaps, but with a Character like the Doctor you don't want to give too much away. Not every mystery about has to be resolved. Sometimes it's better not to give too much away, answer this do we really want to know all the answers? Surely what will happen is that you'll dissapoint/anger a part of the audiance.

But remember rule one the Doctor lies, or at least tells the truth from a certain point of view.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 12:38 PM   #52
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

[QUOTE=Sindatur;7980418]
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post

Yea, "told us" was overstated, I should have said "implied", because Teagan appears to be asking if he's bailing after being elected Pres in a rickety old bucket of bolts. I seem to remember there have been other references as well to his being President (Invasion of Time(?), he's able to stand for Pres. because of a former claim?)

That seems a bit of a stretch to me. Especially considerign how they treat him afte rhe's captured in The War Games.
I'm thinking he was just referring to the "Going on the run from your own people in a rackity old Tardis" part.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 02:34 PM   #53
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

If that's the real deal,hopefully it's better than the summary!

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 02:35 PM   #54
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

JoeZhang wrote: View Post
I could buy that, it seems to avoid a lot of the over the top nonsense that the fanwank has.
Saving the Doctor over a million times isn't over-the-top?! I'd hate to see what you think is actually OTT!

Mr Awe
Old April 22 2013, 04:12 PM   #55
StCoop
Commodore

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Saving the Doctor over a million times isn't over-the-top?! I'd hate to see what you think is actually OTT!

Mr Awe
Does it really seem any different from Rebooting The Universe or All Time Happening at Once on a level of scale?

It might be true, it might be false but it's clearly a Moffat-style idea.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 04:50 PM   #56
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^ I didn't comment on whether or not it's Moffat's style. I just countered the notion that it wasn't OTT.
Old April 22 2013, 08:53 PM   #57
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
I could buy that, it seems to avoid a lot of the over the top nonsense that the fanwank has.

Mr Awe
I mean in terms of production, that is doable with them explaining it and showing a couple of timelines (three of which we have already seen). A fanwank version would claim that it would feature Susan, Jamie, Teagan, the fifth doctor, K9, the Valyard and the White Guardian.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 09:06 PM   #58
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

^ Saving the Doctor over a million times is OTT regardless of how you define it!

And, if she does save the Doctor that many times, you can almost bet the story would contain that list of characters like that. After all, if she's visiting the time lines, you're going to be seeing them, or at least you should.
Old April 22 2013, 11:30 PM   #59
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

The reviewer at AV Club has this Insane, Obviously Wrong Theory:
Look, any garden-variety Doctor Who crackpot theorist can suggest that Clara is the Rani, because every female character we’ve seen on Doctor Who since 1985 is probably the Rani. But I’ll do you one better—what if the reason the TARDIS doesn’t trust Clara is because Clara is actually a TARDIS herself? The Rani is a scientist, after all, so perhaps she devised a chameleon circuit that takes on the form of living beings… except, much like the Doctor’s TARDIS, it got stuck on one appearance, which is why an identical-looking young woman keeps popping up in different time periods, and her apparent deaths are just dematerializations. So then, Clara is the Rani’s TARDIS. Also, she’s also the Rani, because, well… why not?
It's a crazy theory and it's probably not true...and yet, it makes some sense.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 11:47 PM   #60
diankra
Commodore

No, no, definitely not the Rani. She's Chancellor Flavia!!!

And they secretly recorded some flashback scenes with Dinah Sheridan just before she died!!!!!
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote