CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old April 21 2013, 04:05 AM   #31
gastrof
Rear Admiral

Re: Kirk Enterprise - the Enterprise(a)?

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
...April's Enterprise likely launched a decade early (2235), looking pretty much as Tobias Richter kitbashed her (check out the bottom three pics in the link):

http://www.startrek.pl/article.php?sid=680
All I see at that link are three vids of the Kelvin. No pictures at all. Not of an Enterprise, not of any ship.
Old April 21 2013, 04:16 AM   #32
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

gastrof wrote: View Post
...April's Enterprise likely launched a decade early (2235), looking pretty much as Tobias Richter kitbashed her (check out the bottom three pics in the link):

All I see at that link are three vids of the Kelvin. No pictures at all. Not of an Enterprise, not of any ship.
If you scroll past the videos on that page, there are indeed one, two, three images.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 05:10 AM   #33
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY

M'Sharak wrote: View Post

If you scroll past the videos on that page, there are indeed one, two, three images.
Actually, all I get are the three vids also...

Must be something about ie9 that blocks them.
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 06:06 AM   #34
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

daveyNY wrote: View Post

Hmm, they're just .jpg files hosted on Photobucket - nothing out of the ordinary about them. Maybe IE9 doesn't get along well with older-style html page coding. Are the images visible when you click on my links above?
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 04:50 PM   #35
DaveyNY
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY Send a message via Yahoo to DaveyNY

daveyNY wrote: View Post

Hmm, they're just .jpg files hosted on Photobucket - nothing out of the ordinary about them. Maybe IE9 doesn't get along well with older-style html page coding. Are the images visible when you click on my links above?
Yeppers.
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 07:01 PM   #36
yenny
Captain

On ST:TMP, Captain Decker had said; All those vessels were call Enterprise. Were, is a past tense word. Meaning that the Constitution class looking starship in the picture is not the same Enterprise as the one they are on, but a different ship.
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 10:45 PM   #37
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

yenny wrote: View Post
On ST:TMP, Captain Decker had said; All those vessels were call Enterprise. Were, is a past tense word. Meaning that the Constitution class looking starship in the picture is not the same Enterprise as the one they are on, but a different ship.
Never heard that line of thought before. The Connie on display is just showing the 1701 before her refit.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 11:27 PM   #38
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Never heard that line of thought before. The Connie on display is just showing the 1701 before her refit.
I think from Decker's perspective, the Enterprise is a new ship after the refit.
Old April 21 2013, 11:53 PM   #39
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

^ Yeah, in another scene he says that it's "an almost totally new Enterprise". So in a sense, yenny is correct. It's the same ship, but it's also not.

Like I said - it's the Ship of Theseus!
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22 2013, 12:17 AM   #40
yenny
Captain

[QUOTE=BillJ;7980292]

I think from Decker's perspective, the Enterprise is a new ship after the refit.
I don't think so. They would had the photo of the before refit Enterprise separate from the pass Enterprises; And also Decker would had knew that the before refit Enterprise and the ship he is on are the same ships. Also, those who had put those photos on the Rec wall, would had know as well; And they would never had put a photo of a existing starship with past starships of the same name, regardless it had been refitted or not next to one another. They would had ben separate from each other, on different walls.

Maybe, but I don't think so. It could easily just as well be another Connie name Enterprise.

Last edited by yenny; April 22 2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old April 22 2013, 12:38 AM   #41
SeerSGB
Admiral

BillJ wrote: View Post

I don't think so. They would had the photo of the before refit Enterprise separate from the pass Enterprises; And also Decker would had knew that the before refit Enterprise and the ship he is on are the same ships. Also, those who had put those photos on the Rec wall, would had know as well; And they would never had put a photo of a existing starship with past starships of the same name, regardless it had been refitted or not next to one another. They would had ben separate from each other, on different walls.

Maybe, but I don't think so. It could easily just as well be another Connie name Enterprise.
Actually they probably would. In TNG and Enterprise, the displays of "Ships Named Enterprise" always included the current version. So it's likely they just stuck the pre-refit configuration of the 1701 on the monitors for the same reason. Or them being monitors, they just scroll through the history of ships named Enterprise as a screensaver.
Old April 22 2013, 03:37 AM   #42
Dukhat
Commodore

I believe you are the first person ever to speculate that the TOS Enterprise NCC-1701 and the TMP Enterprise NCC-1701 are two totally different ships, when the creators of TMP, the producers of Trek since then, and all fandom since has agreed that one was a refit of the other...simply because of Decker's (ambiguous?) choice of words?
Old April 22 2013, 03:49 AM   #43
SeerSGB
Admiral

Dukhat wrote: View Post
I believe you are the first person ever to speculate that the TOS Enterprise NCC-1701 and the TMP Enterprise NCC-1701 are two totally different ships, when the creators of TMP, the producers of Trek since then, and all fandom since has agreed that one was a refit of the other...simply because of Decker's (ambiguous?) choice of words?
Scotty makes it's clear on the trip over: 18 months redesigning and refitting the Enterprise.
Old April 22 2013, 04:43 AM   #44
yenny
Captain

Dukhat wrote: View Post
I didn't say that the TOS Enterprise NCC-1701 and the TMP Enterprise are different ships. I had said that the TOS/TMP Enterprise were a different ship of the Connie that was in the photo.
Old April 22 2013, 07:05 AM   #45
Dukhat
Commodore

So if I'm understanding you correctly now, are you implying that there was another TOS Connie Enterprise before Kirk's TOS Connie Enterprise? That's even more unlikely.