RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,668
Members: 24,821
Currently online: 424
Newest member: SB118_Laxyn

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 26 2011, 03:55 PM   #316
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Lis Sladen

Maestro wrote: View Post
One of the reasons that people are so vocal and upset is because of the internet, but the other reason is that Elisabeth Sladen was a class act. From what I have read, people are almost more focused on her decency and kindness than on her part on Doctor Who. And not only was she a class act, but she portrayed Sarah Jane that way.

Humans can be base and vile creatures, but when it comes to the passing of someone so willing to be the best humanity has to offer, we too show the best of humanity in our response.
AGREED! It not only hurts to know we will never see her again as such a good companion, but to know that one of the GOOD ONES...some of the best that humanity has to offer is no longer with us. We are left to inhabit this planet with all of its vile hate that humanity possess. How's about this?? For those of us that are suffering and hurting because Liz is no longer with us....why don't we all agree to honor her by making changes in our lives that make us better people?

By the way Maestro...I like your personal signature quote.
Old April 27 2011, 01:54 PM   #317
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Psion wrote: View Post

Why?
Maybe because he's sad that the actor who portrayed a beloved character is dead and watching that character will only drive home the realization that there will be no more new adventures with that character? Must personal expressions of grief be challenged?
I was curious as to know why, I was not challenging him, how you got that from a one word reply is rather impressive.

I have experienced loved ones dying, people I actually knew and interacted with on a regular basis, to discontinue doing things that would remind me of them is beyond my understanding, to do so for an actress I had no personal contact with, although sad in itself for her family and friends, is even further beyond my understanding.
Ah, I see now. Sorry, I completely misread your intent behind that post.
Old April 27 2011, 01:58 PM   #318
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

Maybe because he's sad that the actor who portrayed a beloved character is dead and watching that character will only drive home the realization that there will be no more new adventures with that character? Must personal expressions of grief be challenged?
I was curious as to know why, I was not challenging him, how you got that from a one word reply is rather impressive.

I have experienced loved ones dying, people I actually knew and interacted with on a regular basis, to discontinue doing things that would remind me of them is beyond my understanding, to do so for an actress I had no personal contact with, although sad in itself for her family and friends, is even further beyond my understanding.
How you got any intent beyond a simple why was pretty impressive. The best way to find things out is to ask a question, I did, I should not be attacked for that by someone for a one word question.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2011, 02:11 PM   #319
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

How you got any intent beyond a simple why was pretty impressive. The best way to find things out is to ask a question, I did, I should not be attacked for that by someone for a one word question.
Yes ... and that is why I said, "Sorry".

And calling my response to you an "attack" is a little over-the-top.
Old April 27 2011, 02:24 PM   #320
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan

removed.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel

Last edited by Dimesdan; April 27 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2011, 02:27 PM   #321
Freman
Fleet Captain

Probably not the place for this, guys.
Old April 30 2011, 03:49 AM   #322
Turbo
Vice Admiral

View Turbo's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Turbo

The talented Babelcolour posted his first new video in awhile this morning - a wonderful tribute to Sarah Jane:

Last edited by Turbo; April 30 2011 at 04:06 AM.
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2011, 06:35 AM   #323
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ Babelcolour really does the best videos I've seen.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2011, 06:35 AM   #324
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

And the tears return again.

Thank you for posting this. I checked last week to see if he had made one yet but it looks like he took his time to make it right. I'm just surprised he didn't do one for Nicholas Courtney, too.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2011, 06:51 AM   #325
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
I'm just surprised he didn't do one for Nicholas Courtney, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEphaqrtYQ
Old April 30 2011, 06:56 AM   #326
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Man, my memory is failing me. Not only did I know he did do one for him, I've already seen it.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2011, 07:02 AM   #327
Rosalind
TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod

FalTorPan wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
I'm just surprised he didn't do one for Nicholas Courtney, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEphaqrtYQ
I've seen the Sarah Jane one, but I haven't seen this one. Thanks for the link, it brought a tear to my eyes.
Rosalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 01:49 PM   #328
Mitty
Vice Admiral

I hope it's okay to bump this thread. It's two years todaydf since we lost Elisabeth Sladen. I watched "The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith" tonight. There is so much to watch and enjoy of what she did on Doctor Who, but I personally find her performance in that two parter amazing. Her final scene with DT in the TARDIS was up there with the "Don't forget me" scene from "Hand of Fear".

I miss you Lis... and I know I'm not alone.
Old April 19 2013, 01:55 PM   #329
Starkers
Admiral

Two years already?

I'm in the midst of watching Pyramids of Mars and she really was wonderful.

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 04:42 PM   #330
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

TWO YEARS? OMG, I would have said a year ago, tops. Still missed.