RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,452
Posts: 5,508,435
Members: 25,132
Currently online: 538
Newest member: Commander Balok

TrekToday headlines

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 18 2013, 10:12 PM   #616
USS Firefly
Commander
 
USS Firefly's Avatar
 
Re: More Star Wars films announced

Revenge of the Ewoks
Or a Ewok as a Jedi master
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 10:13 PM   #617
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral
 
Kelthaz's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: More Star Wars films announced

I'm cool with Ewoks. The only mistake with them was tying them directly into the war with the Empire.
__________________
"Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!"

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 10:22 PM   #618
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
SantaEddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: More Star Wars films announced

Better an Ewok than more Jar Jar appearances.
__________________
Remember what cooleddie74 says, kids:

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 10:39 PM   #619
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: More Star Wars films announced

DarthTom wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
They should do a political thriller starring Senator Binks.
One thing that is guaranteed IMO to be in any of these films are adorable creatures that can be part of Disney's merchandising plan for younger children.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the Ewoks show up again?
They aren't so cuddly when you remember just exactly what 3PO had to talk them out of doing to Luke, Han, and Chewie and then wonder what happened to all the Storm Trooper bodies and possibly the prisoners because they had to get the helmets they were using as drums from somewhere

Or to put it basically why the Rebels should avoid the meat at the victory celebration
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 10:43 PM   #620
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
Re: More Star Wars films announced

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
DarthTom wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
They should do a political thriller starring Senator Binks.
One thing that is guaranteed IMO to be in any of these films are adorable creatures that can be part of Disney's merchandising plan for younger children.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the Ewoks show up again?
They aren't so cuddly when you remember just exactly what 3PO had to talk them out of doing to Luke, Han, and Chewie and then wonder what happened to all the Storm Trooper bodies and possibly the prisoners because they had to get the helmets they were using as drums from somewhere

Or to put it basically why the Rebels should avoid the meat at the victory celebration
The Silence of the Ewoks (2016)
__________________

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 10:55 PM   #621
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral
 
Kelthaz's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: More Star Wars films announced

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
Better an Ewok than more Jar Jar appearances.
haha, I actually liked Jar Jar. Sure, he didn't fit into the movies, but he works better in the Clone Wars cartoon.
__________________
"Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!"

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2013, 11:29 PM   #622
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
SantaEddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: More Star Wars films announced

He was a whole lot more tolerable in the Clone Wars animated series than he was in the live action films, even lots of fun. The "Bombad Jedi" episode from Season 1 of the show is probably the most entertaining Jar Jar's ever been.
__________________
Remember what cooleddie74 says, kids:

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 01:38 AM   #623
Danger Ace
Commander
 
Danger Ace's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: More Star Wars films announced

Item: 'Star Wars' films to come yearly starting in 2015

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Disney is turning "Star Wars" films into an annual summer ritual.

Walt Disney Co. chairman Alan Horn announced Wednesday that the studio would release films set in a galaxy far, far away every year starting in 2015. The parade of films will start with "Star Wars: Episode VII," directed by J.J. Abrams. Horn said the studio will then alternate films in the new "Star Wars" trilogies with spin off films drawn from the same universe.

He made the announcement during a presentation at the movie theater convention CinemaCon in Las Vegas. Disney announced plans to reboot the space franchise after buying Lucasfilm Ltd. last year.
How long before franchise fatigue will set in? One lesson history teaches us more often than any other is that we never learn from history.
__________________
Mahalo,
Danger Ace

Yes, Virginia, this post is an expression of my opinion.
Danger Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 01:56 AM   #624
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral
 
Kelthaz's Avatar
 
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Re: More Star Wars films announced

^ Avengers. Marvel Cinematic Universe.
__________________
"Who are you?! And how did you get in here?!"

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2013, 02:34 AM   #625
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: More Star Wars films announced

I honestly think if they manage to get quality writers, directors, and casts this could be a good thing. IMO the Star Wars universe is one with a whole lot of depth, and I would love to see it explored in more detail on screen.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 03:50 AM   #626
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral
 
Hartzilla2007's Avatar
 
Location: Star Trekkin Across the universe.
Re: More Star Wars films announced

DarthTom wrote: View Post
One thing that is guaranteed IMO to be in any of these films are adorable creatures that can be part of Disney's merchandising plan for younger children.
I remember a Steven Spielberg movie I watched last night that had an adorable creature in it and it was cute...

Until those iguana things came out of its neck and it stared spitting poison loogies into people's eyes and then it ate the mailman from Seinfeld alive literally and horrifically (though off screen) while he was screaming from it.

Danger Ace wrote: View Post
How long before franchise fatigue will set in? One lesson history teaches us more often than any other is that we never learn from history.
Yeah, I tend to look at the franchise fatigue argument as covering up the real reason Star Trek died....

Basically it stared to suck.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 10:38 AM   #627
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: More Star Wars films announced

Danger Ace wrote: View Post
Item: 'Star Wars' films to come yearly starting in 2015

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Disney is turning "Star Wars" films into an annual summer ritual.

Walt Disney Co. chairman Alan Horn announced Wednesday that the studio would release films set in a galaxy far, far away every year starting in 2015. The parade of films will start with "Star Wars: Episode VII," directed by J.J. Abrams. Horn said the studio will then alternate films in the new "Star Wars" trilogies with spin off films drawn from the same universe.

He made the announcement during a presentation at the movie theater convention CinemaCon in Las Vegas. Disney announced plans to reboot the space franchise after buying Lucasfilm Ltd. last year.
How long before franchise fatigue will set in? One lesson history teaches us more often than any other is that we never learn from history.
There is no such thing as franchise fatigue. There's only "many bad films in a row" fatigue. There is no such thing as an "thousand absolutely awesome films in a row" fatigue.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 08:34 PM   #628
SantaEddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
SantaEddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The North Pole of the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View SantaEddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: More Star Wars films announced

Most people weren't tired of Star Trek. They were tired of what they viewed as too many disappointing and subpar Star Trek stories strung in a row.

I don't think most would have really cared about new Star Trek being both on the airwaves and in theaters for almost 20 consecutive years in a row if they thought most of the episodes and films had been great.
__________________
Remember what cooleddie74 says, kids:

"Don't forget to have a Patrick Swayze Christmas!"
SantaEddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
star wars

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.