Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old March 26 2013, 01:39 AM   #511
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile
Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

That was an awesome episode. Essentially none of it occured. At one point I was convinced Coat Check Girl was the Mother. She was at the Club that night. You could fudge that they "didnt meet" until years later when they met again. I was expecting the camera to turn as Ted spoke to The Mother and reveal her to be Coat Check Girl. Since it wasn't real it would have been another way to inch us closer to the final moment. I was about to cry with excitement think we'd finally see her. I still wonder if it might end up being CCG. I loved the DVR moment of Robin's story about her dad. And the song at yhe end was amazing. 4 star episode for sure!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 01:50 AM   #512
Finn
Vice Admiral

^The B plot happened five years ago... but yeah

I had suspected it wasn't what it seemed since the crowd looked different between the two plots plus a gut feeling, but I didn't expect the ending.

The ending made me think about the day I met my wife- I drove from Cincinnati to DC, not realizing that somewhere along the way, I'd met the love of my life, who I wouldn't even date for another three years, that day.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 12:28 PM   #513
Mr Light
Admiral

Yet another great episode. The whole time I'm scratching my head, how is this episode happening in "reality" it's just totally out there, it's funny but it's destroying the sense of reality...

And then there's that great, touching twist at the end that it's Future Ted remembering that time and his lonliness and wishing he could have met her sooner... the scene where tearful Ted monologues to off-screen not-there Mother was really beautiful.

We learned a ton more about her too! If he's meeting her in 45 days I don't see how they could possibly not show her in the finale... I'm going to be really pissed if they don't...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 03:55 PM   #514
Agent Richard07
Admiral

That was a weird episode, but I like weird. They clearly wanted to try something different and cap it off with something a little "meta" with the singing. That made it all the better. The way Ted was talking to the mother though, made it sound like she's dead and he wished he could spend a little more time with her.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
We learned a ton more about her too! If he's meeting her in 45 days I don't see how they could possibly not show her in the finale... I'm going to be really pissed if they don't...
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 07:09 PM   #515
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

^I got that impression too. But yeah, I have to echo the comments that really was an excellent episode.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2013, 07:17 PM   #516
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Loved this episode. The first half of this season, like the previous 2-3 seasons had really let me down, but this latter half reminds me why I loved the show to begin with.

And, by my calculations, we might see them meet in the season finale. May 13th is only 45 days from March 29. Sure, Ted said it was an April day, but he's telling it in the future, he could have been confused between end of March/beginning of April.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 12:38 AM   #517
tighr
Commodore

shivkala wrote: View Post
LAnd, by my calculations, we might see them meet in the season finale. May 13th is only 45 days from March 29. Sure, Ted said it was an April day, but he's telling it in the future, he could have been confused between end of March/beginning of April.
This episode was shown out of production order (no big deal, the network does that kind of thing all the time). But at least they took the time to get the 45 days number pretty close to accurate. The season finale airs on May 13th, seven weeks from now. There will be three skipped episodes, but there are still four more!
Old March 27 2013, 01:47 AM   #518
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

We already know that Ted doesn't meet her AT the wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8Jvbl3ew8

This implies he meets her after it (opened up bow tie and all). And at night, so at the end of a day. So if season 9 takes place during one day of the wedding, he would meet her only in the last episode.

Last edited by JarodRussell; March 27 2013 at 02:03 AM.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 03:32 AM   #519
ryan123450
Commodore

View ryan123450's Twitter Profile

Just went back and watched "Okay Awesome" from season one. Future Ted specifically says Coat Check Girl isn't The Mother. So much for that idea, but there's still that girl he randomly bumps into in that episode. I'm sure she was originally meant to be The Mother, weather they'll bring the same actress back after all this time or not is another question.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
ryan123450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2013, 04:39 PM   #520
tighr
Commodore

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
We already know that Ted doesn't meet her AT the wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go8Jvbl3ew8

This implies he meets her after it (opened up bow tie and all). And at night, so at the end of a day. So if season 9 takes place during one day of the wedding, he would meet her only in the last episode.
Yes, but we also know from "Band or DJ" that a week before the wedding, Ted arranges for her band to be at the wedding, and then we see a glimpse of Ted at the wedding, where he sees the Mother for the first time playing bass guitar.

He may not physically meet her/talk to her until later on that train platform, but he for sure sees her on stage.
Old April 16 2013, 02:34 PM   #521
Kirby
Rear Admiral

View Kirby's Twitter Profile

So many good episodes lately, and then we got this one. I am going to answer the phone with 'Ahoy' for the rest of the week.
Old April 16 2013, 05:08 PM   #522
Campe98
Commodore

Well, it seems they're throwing the Marshall runs for Judge plot line out the window...

Wasn't too impressed with last night's. it was okay at best. Some funny moments, but few and far between.
Old April 17 2013, 12:40 AM   #523
Finn
Vice Admiral

I still don't buy the idea of being an art consultant as a dream job of Lily's. She isn't being an artist. It's kinda like someone who wanted to be an architect designing homes from childhood into late 20s, working as a realtor and calling it a dream job.
Old April 17 2013, 12:47 AM   #524
the G-man
Commodore

Campe98 wrote: View Post
Well, it seems they're throwing the Marshall runs for Judge plot line out the window...

How long as Marshall even been an attorney? Under NY law, most judicial offices beyond town justice require at least five years admission to the bar.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2013, 12:51 AM   #525
Finn
Vice Admiral

^He has been a lawyer for well over five years. He finished law school quite early in the series.