RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,136
Posts: 5,433,729
Members: 24,934
Currently online: 540
Newest member: Emperor Khaless

TrekToday headlines

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 15 2013, 06:55 PM   #76
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

foxhot wrote: View Post
Disco Demolition Night was also hateful to lyrics you can actually understand.


J. Allen wrote: View Post
Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
[Clipped because of length. Also; holy motherfucker, what is all that?! -J.]
Please don't help me anymore.
Hey, I was just trying to help.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 06:58 PM   #77
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man
 
Rainbow Dash's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's House
Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
foxhot wrote: View Post
Disco Demolition Night was also hateful to lyrics you can actually understand.


J. Allen wrote: View Post
Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
[Clipped because of length. Also; holy motherfucker, what is all that?! -J.]
Please don't help me anymore.
Hey, I was just trying to help.
I appreciate that, but your support was awkward and terrifying.
__________________

Alan Shore: "Denny, I am amazed at your inexhaustible ability to just live. "
Denny Crane: "It's either that or die."
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 09:01 PM   #78
inflatabledalek
Captain
 
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

I think Richard herring pretty much summed up my thoughts on it:

http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/?id=3822
__________________
TRANSFORMATION: CALLING MR. GOLDBERG
See what is making Blaster needlessly angry this week in my look at: The Cure! Part 2
inflatabledalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 09:22 PM   #79
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

foxhot wrote: View Post
Disco Demolition Night was also hateful to lyrics you can actually understand.
Fun fact: Michael Clarke Duncan (who was a huge White Sox fan, IIRC) was at Disco Demolition Night. He slid into home plate, I think.

Shaka Zulu wrote: View Post
A Pop Demolition Night would be as racist and as hateful of teenagers as the original Disco Demolition Night was hateful towards black people and GLBT people.
Uh.....no.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2013, 11:52 PM   #80
the G-man
Commodore
 
the G-man's Avatar
 
Location: to your immediate right
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

A Pop Demolition Night would be as racist and as hateful of teenagers as the original Disco Demolition Night was hateful towards black people and GLBT people.
Because the Bee Gees were a bunch of gay black men...
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 12:17 AM   #81
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

the G-man wrote: View Post
A Pop Demolition Night would be as racist and as hateful of teenagers as the original Disco Demolition Night was hateful towards black people and GLBT people.
Because the Bee Gees were a bunch of gay black men...
No, because most of the people who loved and listened to disco were black people and were also gay people. That's why.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 12:25 AM   #82
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

^ And we care about this...why, exactly?

To express disdain or even hatred for a kind of music is not relevant to that music's fan base. Is everyone who hates rap a racist? Are all those who say "Depeche Mode sucks" homophobes? Do people who hate country music hate Southerners? No, of course not. Same story here.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 12:41 AM   #83
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Bulawayo Military Krral
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ And we care about this...why, exactly?

To express disdain or even hatred for a kind of music is not relevant to that music's fan base. Is everyone who hates rap a racist? Are all those who say "Depeche Mode sucks" homophobes? Do people who hate country music hate Southerners? No, of course not. Same story here.
Really? I think that this article will enlighten you, as well as this quote from it:

The Anti-disco movement represented an unholy alliance of funkateers and feminists, progressives and puritans, rockers and reactionaries. None the less, the attacks on disco gave respectable voice to the ugliest kinds of unacknowledged racism, sexism and homophobia.
Disco Inferno Revisited: Disco Demolition Night, 30 Years On
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:03 AM   #84
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

^ Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Looks like we all better keep our mouths shut regarding music we hate, then.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Last edited by George Steinbrenner; April 16 2013 at 01:50 AM.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:07 AM   #85
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man
 
Rainbow Dash's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's House
Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

I have no idea what's going on, anymore. Are we discussing gay, Disco racists?
__________________

Alan Shore: "Denny, I am amazed at your inexhaustible ability to just live. "
Denny Crane: "It's either that or die."
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:09 AM   #86
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

^ You didn't get the memo? We have to like everything, because if you say that you don't like a certain kind of music, then you hate everyone who likes it, and ZOMG TEH RACIST!!!
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:10 AM   #87
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man
 
Rainbow Dash's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's House
Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ You didn't get the memo? We have to like everything, because if you say that you don't like a certain kind of music, ZOMG TEH RACIST!!!
This thread has taken an interesting turn.
__________________

Alan Shore: "Denny, I am amazed at your inexhaustible ability to just live. "
Denny Crane: "It's either that or die."
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:19 AM   #88
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Guys, come on, you need to get along. Think of what you have in common, Bieber wants you all to be his fan.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:20 AM   #89
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ You didn't get the memo? We have to like everything, because if you say that you don't like a certain kind of music, then you hate everyone who likes it, and ZOMG TEH RACIST!!!
So I like Disco but hate Rap, who do I hate?
__________________
"If I hadn't tried, the cost would have been my soul." - Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
BillJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2013, 01:53 AM   #90
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Bieber hopes Anne Frank would have been a fan

Apparently I was a racist and a homophobe when I was 9, because I wanted to smash into a wall due to the fact that the damn "We Are Family" would not shut the fuck up. And I had no idea who even sang the song, I just hated it so much I wanted to puree the radio.
__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.