Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old April 11 2013, 01:54 PM   #346
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Coming July 2013: STAR TREK ENTERPRISE — RISE OF THE FEDERATION

Phlox could also still be alive. I seem to remember it being implied Denobulans were long-lived. Didn't Phlox have a grandmother who lived to be 400 or something? Then again, he didn't seem to be around on the other NX-02 in E2 even though T'Pol was. Though I guess he might have been killed in battle or something.
Old April 11 2013, 03:06 PM   #347
Patrick O'Brien
Captain

Defcon wrote: View Post
Obviously goodreads imports posts from author blogs:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show...pher_L_Bennett

Sorry my mistake
Old April 12 2013, 01:58 PM   #348
Gate11au
Ensign

Wow more new ENT book cool i like season 3 and 4 of ENT. I know I Know season 3 not there best work a bit dark you say but to each there own.
I like the relaunch Ent i have read so far but have not read the Romulan War books yet just to busy with tng/DS9/Voy Relaunch book but have new copies on shelf to read. But knowing there is more ENT to come and by Christopher Bennett makes me want to catch up and read them all.
I will be pre ordering these book as soon as they come up on the book order system at local book shop.
Gate11au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 06:56 PM   #349
Reanok
Commodore

The Romulan war books are good. I just finished rereading the last book in the series.There's some great character development in the books.It certainly makes me look forward to reading the new book coming out in a few months.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 10:21 PM   #350
Relayer1
Commodore

Reanok wrote: View Post
The Romulan war books are good. I just finished rereading the last book in the series.There's some great character development in the books.It certainly makes me look forward to reading the new book coming out in a few months.
I knew there would be someone else that enjoyed them !

I fully expect Christopher to take it to another level though...
Old April 13 2013, 01:53 AM   #351
SicOne
Commodore

Are there just two Romulan War books?
SicOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 02:10 AM   #352
Christopher
Writer

SicOne wrote: View Post
Just two under the banner title of The Romulan War, but essentially all four post-finale ENT novels to date (The Good That Men Do, Kobayashi Maru, The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing and The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm) form a single 4-part story arc starting with the buildup to the war and concluding with the founding of the Federation.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 03:48 AM   #353
SicOne
Commodore

Christopher wrote: View Post
Just two under the banner title of The Romulan War, but essentially all four post-finale ENT novels to date (The Good That Men Do, Kobayashi Maru, The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing and The Romulan War: To Brave the Storm) form a single 4-part story arc starting with the buildup to the war and concluding with the founding of the Federation.
Thanks much; just wanted to make sure all were accounted for to prep for yours. Was there supposed to be (or will be) a third title, In (something's) Jaws or something like that? I know it sounds strange, but I was under the impression that there was a Romulan War-related book with a title similar to that.
Old April 13 2013, 03:53 AM   #354
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Was there supposed to be (or will be) a third title, In (something's) Jaws or something like that? I know it sounds strange, but I was under the impression that there was a Romulan War-related book with a title similar to that.
In Shariel's Jaws was going to be the second Romulan War book when it was slated to be a trilogy; but when it was condensed to just two books, the title was changed.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 03:58 AM   #355
Christopher
Writer

Thanks much; just wanted to make sure all were accounted for to prep for yours.
Well, as I've said, I'm starting a new story which hopefully can stand fairly well on its own, without being too dependent on previous books. But I definitely understand wanting to be thorough.

Was there supposed to be (or will be) a third title, In (something's) Jaws or something like that? I know it sounds strange, but I was under the impression that there was a Romulan War-related book with a title similar to that.
There were originally plans to do The Romulan War as a trilogy, yes, but the decision was made to reduce it to two books.

Old April 13 2013, 04:06 PM   #356
SicOne
Commodore

ATimson wrote: View Post
In Shariel's Jaws was going to be the second Romulan War book when it was slated to be a trilogy; but when it was condensed to just two books, the title was changed.
Thanks much; just wanted to make sure all were accounted for to prep for yours.
Well, as I've said, I'm starting a new story which hopefully can stand fairly well on its own, without being too dependent on previous books. But I definitely understand wanting to be thorough.

There were originally plans to do The Romulan War as a trilogy, yes, but the decision was made to reduce it to two books.
Thanks much, folks. I prefer to be a completest when I read Trek (well, as much as I have time for...).
Old April 13 2013, 11:16 PM   #357
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

It's too bad that that decision was made, since the first book was at a decent pace, but then the second book just felt rushed, and was just meant to get the most minimalist facts in.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 11:29 PM   #358
Reanok
Commodore

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
It's too bad that that decision was made, since the first book was at a decent pace, but then the second book just felt rushed, and was just meant to get the most minimalist facts in.
It would be hard to condense 2 different manuscripts for 2 different books to Finish the Romulan war miniseries. In Shariel's jaws sounded like it would've been a really interesting story. Startrek.com has a interview with Micheal Martin where he mentions what the books storyline would've been had it been published .
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2013, 07:14 PM   #359
Man of Steel
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Man of Steel Send a message via Yahoo to Man of Steel

Would be nice to see that interview.

But Christopher,

Does this mean that you are now the sole author on ENT?

Just to clarify, your book will pick up from the other books right?
Old April 17 2013, 07:26 PM   #360
Christopher
Writer

Man of Steel wrote: View Post
Does this mean that you are now the sole author on ENT?
At the moment, that seems to be the case, but these decisions are usually made one book at a time.

Just to clarify, your book will pick up from the other books right?
As I've said, it's part of the same overall continuity, but it's beginning a new story. There's a gap of over a year between the UFP founding ceremony at the end of To Brave the Storm and the beginning of A Choice of Futures.