Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old May 5 2012, 09:17 AM   #31
G2309
Captain

View G2309's Twitter Profile
Re: Starbuck's speech about Cain

I think the way her mum treated her must have affected her decision to pass Zack when he wasn't up to standard. She didn't want be hard on someone she loved. Like her mum had been.

http://wondersandparodies.blogspot.c...y-scripts.html
Old May 6 2012, 06:07 AM   #32
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Adama, obviously. Do I follow the commander who is trying to keep people alive, and who cares about his crew and leaves no (wo)man behind, or the commander who doesn't care if everyone dies as long as she gets some revenge on the enemy, and who's likely to shoot me in the head if I question her insane orders? Is that even a contest?
Look at Adama very early on and he wasn't particularly keen on having the civiallians along either.

He wouldn't have left a member of his crew behind but the civillians I think could well have been another matter.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Old April 13 2013, 02:09 AM   #33
GenesisNemesis1
Cadet

Deckerd wrote: View Post
Starbuck made a rousing speech at Cain's funeral where she finished by saying she had felt a lot safer with Cain around (I'm paraphrasing here - I only saw it once).

At the time nobody picked up on it but it's always jarred with me. Cain was a vindictive, murderous despot and turned her crew into rapists and thugs. Everyone on Galactica knew this. That speech really pissed me off.
Good topic. Well, sorry to tell you this, but a lot of people thought that Cain made them safer. Everyone on the Pegasus, Starbuck, and Adama. Adama himself said he couldn't find any fault with anything Cain did from a tactical perspective. That last scene in Razor in pretty much a vindication to her.

Lee was torn up about having decided to sacrifice Starbuck and rest of the away team (a decision that was overruled by Adama). He also said Shaw didn't deserve a medal. Adama basically told him not to be naive and that Shaw indeed deserved a medal, and that the decision to sacrifice the away team wouldn't have been the wrong decision, implying that Cain would've done it in a heartbeat.
Old April 13 2013, 02:23 AM   #34
diankra
Commodore

GenesisNemesis1 wrote: View Post
Deckerd wrote: View Post
Starbuck made a rousing speech at Cain's funeral where she finished by saying she had felt a lot safer with Cain around (I'm paraphrasing here - I only saw it once).

At the time nobody picked up on it but it's always jarred with me. Cain was a vindictive, murderous despot and turned her crew into rapists and thugs. Everyone on Galactica knew this. That speech really pissed me off.
Good topic. Well, sorry to tell you this, but a lot of people thought that Cain made them safer. Everyone on the Pegasus, Starbuck, and Adama. Adama himself said he couldn't find any fault with anything Cain did from a tactical perspective. That last scene in Razor in pretty much a vindication to her.

Lee was torn up about having decided to sacrifice Starbuck and rest of the away team (a decision that was overruled by Adama). He also said Shaw didn't deserve a medal. Adama basically told him not to be naive and that Shaw indeed deserved a medal, and that the decision to sacrifice the away team wouldn't have been the wrong decision, implying that Cain would've done it in a heartbeat.
Troll! Thread resurrecting, possibly re-IDed bridge-dweller!
Old April 13 2013, 02:36 AM   #35
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Possibly, nothing. He's repeating some of his earlier diatribes verbatim.

I must admit: under other circumstances there'd be a good joke here comparing Cylon resurrections to returning trolls.
Old April 13 2013, 04:28 PM   #36
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

Kara knew Cain for what ... 2 week, 3 week. Not enough to get an idea for person.

I felt that Cain was working hard to get Kara... for future I assume.

For myself, I suspect that Cain eventually intended to kill Adama, just wanted more opportune time. Maybe Roslin, Zarak and others were also on her revised kill list.

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)