Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old April 8 2013, 01:53 PM   #76
Forbin
Admiral

Re: Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

...and the very next episode of UNCLE featured Alfred Ryder as the bad guy. These folks were working pretty steady around then!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2013, 01:06 PM   #77
Forbin
Admiral

UNCLE season 4 two-part finale had Logan Ramsey in a very small bit part, but the main Trek guest star was when Solo was lost in the desert around ... Vasquez Rocks!
Old April 12 2013, 06:05 AM   #78
propita
Rear Admiral

Forbin wrote: View Post
Sherry Jackson (Andrea the Android) looking breathtaking In a Wild Wild West episode:

I showed this pick to Hubby. He couldn't read the words at that distance. I asked him who this was. He said, "In the Star Trek episode where she was a robot, or in Wild, Wild West?" he's very good at id-ing pretty girls. Not sure whether to be or AND he knew it was Sherry Jackson.

I showed him the photo in a post above, from "Who Mourns for Adonis?" He immediately said, "Leslie Parrish? She was in that and a Wild Wild West episode as a moon maiden."

Arlene Martel is famous for her TZ line, "Room for one more."

Hubby was watching "Have Gun Will Travel" when I looked at a guest actor and said, "Apollo!" Michael Forrest. I usually suck at that stuff.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 06:15 AM   #79
propita
Rear Admiral

HGN2001 wrote: View Post
Losira (Lee Meriwether) meets Gary Seven (Robert Lansing) in 12 O'CLOCK HIGH, while Dr. Swain from THE TIME TUNNEL looks on:

Harry
Dr. Swain was the Martian--or was it Venusian?--from the TZ episode, will the Real Martian Please Stand Up. Guess he was always covering up that extra eye. And the fact that I know that title off the top of my head...shows what a geek I am.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 01:48 PM   #80
Marsden
Captain

I saw Michael Forrest in a TZ as a biker. It's hard not to see someone as who you saw them first, though.
We've taken care of everything, the words you hear the songs you sing, the pictures that give pleasure to your eyes. It's one for all and all for one, we work together common sons, never need to wonder how or why.
Marsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 03:25 PM   #81
Christopher
Writer

I can think of six Trek cast members who were recurring members of Mission: Impossible teams. In the original show, Leonard Nimoy was a regular team member for two seasons; Lee Meriwether and Barbara Anderson were both recurring members appearing in 6 and 7 episodes respectively; and Walker Edmiston, who did uncredited voiceover work in several Trek episodes, played a voice impersonator named Dave in two seventh-season episodes. And in the '88 revival, one of the regular team members was Phil Morris, who would later make several Trek appearances. And, of course, Simon Pegg has been on the team in the last two M:I movies.

Trek players who were one-time M:I team members or collaborators in the original series include Eddie Paskey (essentially playing himself, a Hollywood stand-in, although he was named "Steve" in the script), George Takei, Barry Atwater, John Crawford (as two separate one-time characters), Arthur Batanides, William Schallert, Vic Perrin, Jack Donner, Vince Howard, Barbara Luna, Frank da Vinci (Nimoy's Trek/M:I stand-in, who played much the same role in-story), Antoinette Bower, Peter Brocco, Walker Edmiston (as a separate, one-shot character in season 6), and Lawrence Montaigne. (Perrin actually gets an extra half-credit here, since he overdubbed the voice of an actor whose character assisted the team in a season 5 episode.) I don't recall who, if anyone, played guest team members in the '88 revival.

Of course those are just Trek players who were actually on the IMF team or cooperating with it. Listing all the Trek guests in M:I would take all day.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 08:55 PM   #82
EnsignHarper
Commander

Christopher wrote: View Post
I can think of six Trek cast members who were recurring members of Mission: Impossible teams. In the original show, Leonard Nimoy was a regular team member for two seasons; Lee Meriwether and Barbara Anderson were both recurring members appearing in 6 and 7 episodes respectively; and Walker Edmiston, who did uncredited voiceover work in several Trek episodes, played a voice impersonator named Dave in two seventh-season episodes. And in the '88 revival, one of the regular team members was Phil Morris, who would later make several Trek appearances. And, of course, Simon Pegg has been on the team in the last two M:I movies.

Trek players who were one-time M:I team members or collaborators in the original series include Eddie Paskey (essentially playing himself, a Hollywood stand-in, although he was named "Steve" in the script), George Takei, Barry Atwater, John Crawford (as two separate one-time characters), Arthur Batanides, William Schallert, Vic Perrin, Jack Donner, Vince Howard, Barbara Luna, Frank da Vinci (Nimoy's Trek/M:I stand-in, who played much the same role in-story), Antoinette Bower, Peter Brocco, Walker Edmiston (as a separate, one-shot character in season 6), and Lawrence Montaigne. (Perrin actually gets an extra half-credit here, since he overdubbed the voice of an actor whose character assisted the team in a season 5 episode.) I don't recall who, if anyone, played guest team members in the '88 revival.

Of course those are just Trek players who were actually on the IMF team or cooperating with it. Listing all the Trek guests in M:I would take all day.

um....GREG Morris?
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2013, 09:26 PM   #83
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

When was Greg Morris in Trek?
Old April 12 2013, 09:52 PM   #84
Christopher
Writer

EnsignHarper wrote: View Post
um....GREG Morris?
Greg Morris played Barney Collier in the original 1966 Mission: Impossible, and never appeared in Trek. His son Phil Morris played Barney's son Grant Collier in the 1988 M:I revival series. Phil Morris has made several appearances in Star Trek, both before and after his M:I gig (not just after as I mistakenly said before). He was one of the Onlies in "Miri" (the one in an army helmet), Cadet Foster in The Search for Spock (the guy who asked if there'd be a ceremony when they got home), a Klingon and a Jem'Hadar in DS9, and astronaut John Kelly in VGR: "One Small Step."

Old April 13 2013, 01:48 AM   #85
EnsignHarper
Commander

Christopher wrote: View Post
EnsignHarper wrote: View Post
um....GREG Morris?
Greg Morris played Barney Collier in the original 1966 Mission: Impossible, and never appeared in Trek. His son Phil Morris played Barney's son Grant Collier in the 1988 M:I revival series. Phil Morris has made several appearances in Star Trek, both before and after his M:I gig (not just after as I mistakenly said before). He was one of the Onlies in "Miri" (the one in an army helmet), Cadet Foster in The Search for Spock (the guy who asked if there'd be a ceremony when they got home), a Klingon and a Jem'Hadar in DS9, and astronaut John Kelly in VGR: "One Small Step."
oh poop - I confused him with Lloyd Haynes.....
EnsignHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 07:12 AM   #86
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

propita wrote: View Post
HGN2001 wrote: View Post
Losira (Lee Meriwether) meets Gary Seven (Robert Lansing) in 12 O'CLOCK HIGH, while Dr. Swain from THE TIME TUNNEL looks on:

Harry
Dr. Swain was the Martian--or was it Venusian?--from the TZ episode, will the Real Martian Please Stand Up. Guess he was always covering up that extra eye. And the fact that I know that title off the top of my head...shows what a geek I am.
Dr. Swain from Time Tunnel is in the background wearing the general's uniform. Barney Phillips (here wearing the white coat and head mirror) was Haley the bartender from Venus, while John Hoyt (WNMHGB's Dr. Boyce) played the Martian of the episode.

Last edited by M'Sharak; April 13 2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: links
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2013, 03:30 PM   #87
Christopher
Writer

Speaking of Time Tunnel and Star Trek actors, in the past week I've watched Creature from the Black Lagoon and Soylent Green, both of which feature Whit Bissell (Mr. Lurry from "The Trouble with Tribbles" and the general from TTT). The man was pretty much ubiquitous.

Old April 13 2013, 04:05 PM   #88
Forbin
Admiral

I hope somebody shows up in today's Mannix (I watch an ep every Sat during lunch).
Old April 13 2013, 06:20 PM   #89
Forbin
Admiral

Yup!

Not to mention, Skip Homeier, Naval Intelligence!

Old April 13 2013, 08:55 PM   #90
Gojira
Commodore

Lat night I was watching Anne of the Thousands Days with Richard Burton as King Hnery VIII and Geneviève Bujold as Anne Boleyn (Bujold herself was briefly cast as Captain Janeway on Voyager) when I saw a chacrater that looked very familiar.

It took me a few moments to realize that the man playing Thomas Cromwell was John Colicos who played Klingon Commander Kor on TOS!

Another one: I recently saw Grace Lee Whitney on an episode of The Rifleman.

Last edited by Gojira; April 13 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Gojira is offline   Reply With Quote